Cedar Fair looking to layoff spongebob and friends

Mr.Smiley

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodbye to the nickelodeon universe. It was nice for the kids, but to me. it doesnt really matter. Besides, I liked it better when the whole kids area was hannah barbara themed. I liked it more. Just like the actual shows. Old cartoons totally beat out the newer ones on nickelodeon.

The "right price" is apparently not available. Nick rights are held by Viacom, a company that once owned CBS and Paramount Parks. They watched as Cedar Fair paid CBS $1.24 billion for the parks. By all accounts, they want a very large sum for a renewal.

And you might want to go back and read what I said. As of June 30, 2006, supposedly there were four years left on the Nick license. Four years from then would end in mid-season. Not four more "seasons." Four years. If there were another season left on the license, why would the merchandise be available at such deeply discounted prices?

And you might want to go back and read what I said. As of June 30, 2006, supposedly there were four years left on the Nick license. Four years from then would end in mid-season. Not four more "seasons." Four years. If there were another season left on the license, why would the merchandise be available at such deeply discounted prices?

I'm confused as to why anyone in the amusement park business would sign an agreement/contract that would expire in mid-season?

Then again, I'm also confused as to why CF would pay $1.24B for the old Paramount parks.

Sign an agreement? Let's see:

Viacom owned Paramount Parks and Kings Island. Installs Nick Universe...Viacom splits into two units, one of which is CBS, the other Viacom. CBS ends up with the theme parks and sells them. And you'd wonder why it may be that the agreement expires mid-season? Gee, I wonder whose best interests that would have been in? :)

Would this be the same group of people that started a Winterfest back up right before they sold out? Signed a very long term agreement with Coke AFTER it was announced the parks were for sale?

From an otherwise unrelated article:

...The Nickelodeon brand would mark a shift in strategy and target audience, said George Van Horn, a senior analyst with Los Angeles-based market research firm IBISWorld.

Instead of appealing to a limited tourist market of thrill seekers who are searching for new attractions, a character-driven theme park with a brand such as Nickeldon would draw parents and children from a broader regional base. Other theme parks that have taken that approach have faired better during the recession, according to IBISWorld research, Van Horn said. ...

(spelling as found)

http://www.neworleanscitybusiness.com/view...cfm?recID=33686

I don't think that means much, I have no idea if nick is going or not, but if it was, and they were trying to get rid of merch, they would send anything out on twitter to help sell it and they wouldn't want to let people know that things would be changing till after they have sold all they can