The science behind Club Blood

UncleHenry

Last year, when KI introduced Club Blood at Halloween Haunt, many people said the skimpy outfits and "adult theme" had nothing to do with being scared. I just found an article, that goes perfectly with explaining why the "adult theme" works PERFECTLY for a scare event.

"Fear and Excitement

If you enjoy horror movies, you know that fear can be exciting. Many people enjoy being afraid -- the arousal that comes with the fight-or-flight response can be pleasurable and can even mimic sexual arousal. It's no wonder so many people go to see scary movies and ride roller coasters on dates.

There is actual scientific evidence that supports the fear-attraction connection. Psychologist Arthur Aron conducted a study using the very common fear of heights. Aron had one group of men walk across a 450-foot-long, unstable-feeling bridge suspended over a 230-foot drop; he had another group of men walk across a perfectly stable-feeling bridge over the same height. At the end of each bridge, the men met Aron's very beautiful female assistant. She asked each subject a set of questions related to an imaginary study and then gave him her phone number in case he wanted more information. Of the 33 men who'd walked across the stable bridge, two called the assistant. Of the 33 who'd walked across the swaying bridge, nine called. Aron concluded that the state of fear encourages sexual attraction."

Last year, when KI introduced Club Blood at Halloween Haunt, many people said the skimpy outfits and "adult theme" had nothing to do with being scared. I just found an article, that goes perfectly with explaining why the "adult theme" works PERFECTLY for a scare event.

"Fear and Excitement

If you enjoy horror movies, you know that fear can be exciting. Many people enjoy being afraid -- the arousal that comes with the fight-or-flight response can be pleasurable and can even mimic sexual arousal. It's no wonder so many people go to see scary movies and ride roller coasters on dates.

There is actual scientific evidence that supports the fear-attraction connection. Psychologist Arthur Aron conducted a study using the very common fear of heights. Aron had one group of men walk across a 450-foot-long, unstable-feeling bridge suspended over a 230-foot drop; he had another group of men walk across a perfectly stable-feeling bridge over the same height. At the end of each bridge, the men met Aron's very beautiful female assistant. She asked each subject a set of questions related to an imaginary study and then gave him her phone number in case he wanted more information. Of the 33 men who'd walked across the stable bridge, two called the assistant. Of the 33 who'd walked across the swaying bridge, nine called. Aron concluded that the state of fear encourages sexual attraction."

I don't even know where to begin.

I would have put that Aron assumed rather than concluded.

Based upon that blurb, nothing could have been concluded one way or another.

The more I think about it, the more I think this might be true. When I worked at Haunt, I had more girls ask me for my number than the rest of my life, haha.

Probably since your face was covered.

The more I think about it, the more I think this might be true. When I worked at Haunt, I had more girls ask me for my number than the rest of my life, haha.

:lol: I was gona make a comment on that but decidied not too!

speaking of the haunt, is KI goin to have HH this year?

I had a physician friend of mine tell me the same thing about the fight or flight response. Seems your body produces testosterone and adrenaline in both situations making the sexual and fear experiences biologically similar.

--Beatle, covering his face in the hope that more women will ask for his phone number :) .

Ya know Dane, I was hoping you'd post that. I knew I was setting you up too perfectly. I would have been shocked if you didn't take the bait, haha.

Dude, I know a good joke when I see one. I saw the opportunity, and I jumped on it. For a moment I thought about not posting it, for the required response that Dane provided. Then I knew Dane would get a kick out of it, and clicked "submit".

I think your right about the study but look at the wording and actually look at the study and you'll see why this DIDN'T work for HAUNT! It says that the STATE of FEAR enhances SEXUAL ATTRACTION!!! If KI/HAUNT did infact read this or something and similar and tried it out, they failed because this study only works ONE way... meaning:

State of Fear ----------> Sexual attracion

AND NOT...

Sexual Attraction ----------> State of Fear

I think what happened is KI/HAUNT tried to over do the "sexiness" and "raunchiness" of Club Blood in a thought that it would make it scarier... which it didn't, for haunts like this, it makes it NOT scary!!! That's if, KI read this article or read something similar! Just my thoughts. -Hauntguy

My wife and I loved Club Blood! I thought the skimpy outfits were appropriate, but not because of the scare factor, but because it's a CLUB! Been to a club lately? Check out the skimpy outfits there!

This thread reminds me of a Dangerous Toys song released in the 1980's and it was about Alice Cooper loving scary movies and being scared in general. The song title was Scared.

Some lyrics:

Hey man, I think I like being scared-

And I wish you all were there-

Man I really, really think... think that I think-

I like being scared-

I know I agree...I like being scared!

I thought Club Blood was great. KI Beast is right, thats how people dress in clubs these days, and I thought it added a sexiness factor into the thrill of it. Walking through with music and lights going being stared at by half naked men and women is sure to get your blood pumping. :lol:

Oh, BTW, the babies in club blood completely freaked me out :blink:

I thought Club Blood was great. KI Beast is right, thats how people dress in clubs these days, and I thought it added a sexiness factor into the thrill of it. Walking through with music and lights going being stared at by half naked men and women is sure to get your blood pumping. :lol:

Well, I'd say that it appears most in Club Blood were overdressed for regular club wear.

Well, I'd say that it appears most in Club Blood were overdressed for regular club wear.

And You'd Be Right :lol: