AWESOME Beverage Deal for Passholders at KI!

BoddaH1994

Now Kings Island Season Passholders can purchase an ALL DAY DRINK WRISTBAND that allows them to enjoy unlimited Coca-Cola soft drinks! This great passholder perk is just $8.99 and can be purchased at any of the following locations:

Festhaus, LaRosa's on International Street, Rivertown Pizza, Stunt Crew Grill in Action Zone, Ice Cream Zone in Action Zone, and Coney Refreshments and Outback Shack in Boomerang Bay.

This news was for the 2008 season and is not confirmed to return for the 09 season.

Edited by Dane

Hmmm ..... I wonder if each park does their own deal? At Kings Dominion, they have had the wristband deal since 2007 (you do not have to be a season pass holder).

The difference between KD and KI is that at KD

1) you buy the 2008 souvenier cup for $6.99 or $7.99 (Dominator cup on dry park side and Water Works cup on water park side. Can be used for refills in either the dry or water park sides).

2) You have a choice of the all day wristband for $4.00 or hmmm .... I don't remember .... the one-at-a-time refills were $1.49 or $1.99 each.

:rolleyes:

I have mixed feelings with this. I feel terrible about drinking soda anywhere but especially at the park. Coke actually dehydrates you so I always drink water (or that water that isn't good enough to make it into Coke so they put it in a bottle [Dasani] Lewis Black anyone?) The cost of the bottles really adds up though. I know about the free cups of water but there really isn't enough in the tiny little cup and the bottles are easier to tote around. Too bad this can't be any kind of beverage.

This is a great deal but still the park is making tons of money from this. If you get 5 pops the pop proably cost about a nickel or a dime to make so they are spending .10 and you are spending $7. There is alot of money to made in soft drinks.

Just think about how much the guest at Holiday World would spend drinking that much Pepsi. Oh, wait....

Unlimited soda making Americans fatter by the minute.

I agree 100%! Soft drinks are the #1 worst thing for you, why not enjoy free water??? I even turned down free pop at a company picnic today. Obesity in the US is an epidemic, affecting 2/3 of our population!

This actually doesnt seem like too bad of a deal to me. We have a souvenir cup that we share when we go but on days when we go with our friends and dont see eachother the entire day, the wrist band may be a good idea. And my husband drinks alot of pop through the day usually so it would actually end up saving us money. Thanks for informing! I had no idea!

Hmmm ..... I wonder if each park does their own deal? At Kings Dominion, they have had the wristband deal since 2007 (you do not have to be a season pass holder).

The difference between KD and KI is that at KD

1) you buy the 2008 souvenier cup for $6.99 or $7.99 (Dominator cup on dry park side and Water Works cup on water park side. Can be used for refills in either the dry or water park sides).

2) You have a choice of the all day wristband for $4.00 or hmmm .... I don't remember .... the one-at-a-time refills were $1.49 or $1.99 each.

:rolleyes:

Take your souvenier cup with you and have them fill it with water for you for free. We do that all the time.

I agree 100%! Soft drinks are the #1 worst thing for you, why not enjoy free water??? I even turned down free pop at a company picnic today. Obesity in the US is an epidemic, affecting 2/3 of our population!

You can enjoy free water, have you not been reading?

Obesity is not caused solely from soft drinks. People have the right and should be able to eat and drink what they want.

Now let's get back on topic...

I think this is a great idea, especially since so many people complain about the high food prices at amusement parks these days.

More like complain about High Food and Drink prices at KI. I went to The Beach Waterpark on July 5th, and they were running specials throughout the day. We took advantage of them. We got a cheeseburger, fries and a 22 ounce drink for only 2.50. We got 3 meals and it was only $7.99. However yesterday at KI the same thing cost $37.00 for 3 of us, and the quality left much to be desired.

I did that for first part for way too many years. I'd far rather live longer and enjoy it more. Life is more than eating, drinking. Part of life, but not all consuming.

Thank god for ol' Terpy. Always on hand to counter some stupid post with a well-thought out remark...or vise versa!

Anywho, It's Coke. It's cheap. It's wonderful.

Stop complaining about we're being offered, all in all It's a pretty good deal. Especially with it being as hot as it's been for the past few days.

Obesity is not caused solely from soft drinks. People have the right and should be able to eat and drink what they want.

If soft drinks and other sweetened drinks did not exist, our obesity rate would be much lower. You have no idea. I've researched this stuff. The High Fructose Corn Syrup abundant in soft drinks blocks the enzymes in you body that make you feel full on top of the empty calories causing massive body fat gain. Even ice cream sundaes makes you feel full and don't cause additional hunger. not to mention that you are downing chemicals and massive amounts of sugar!

Do yourself a favor and read up on that stuff

If soft drinks and other sweetened drinks did not exist, our obesity rate would be much lower. You have no idea. I've researched this stuff. The High Fructose Corn Syrup abundant in soft drinks blocks the enzymes in you body that make you feel full on top of the empty calories causing massive body fat gain. Even ice cream sundaes makes you feel full and don't cause additional hunger. not to mention that you are downing chemicals and massive amounts of sugar!

Do yourself a favor and read up on that stuff

Couple of factoids:

If the average person drank exclusively diet soft drinks, replacing the normal colas, they'd loose 25 lbs the first year.

Caffeine and carbonated beverages actually dehydrate you and makes you more thirsty over time.

But hey... you only live once.