AWESOME Beverage Deal for Passholders at KI!

BoddaH1994

Being that I work in an indie record store...that is STRUGGLING to stay alive I really like this video Kid Rock made a couple of weeks ago...it's too bad people don't see a lot of things they do as theft.

P.S. I am not even a Kid Rock fan...but he was my hero for making this video!

• Like 1

Being that I work in an indie record store...that is STRUGGLING to stay alive I really like this video Kid Rock made a couple of weeks ago...it's too bad people don't see a lot of things they do as theft.

P.S. I am not even a Kid Rock fan...but he was my hero for making this video!

Kid Rock Knows Illegal

I'm waiting for Kid Rock to do that video of, "If ya don't like someone, punch them!"

Arrested for sharing a drink that I paid for with my family? You people are off your rockers. They obviously figured this conduct into the price or it would be prohibited. 360 ounces minus ice (probably half the total) = 180 ounces. Thats about 3 liters, or less than $2.00 RETAIL, we were trying to game the system and they still made a hefty profit. We basically got one drink after every ride and finished it in line for the next. They do need to stick to one color bracelet for each day however, I witnessed 3 different colors during our trip, needless to say this led me to save mine.

Thanks, Mr. Area Food Manager, for clearing that up? How do you know it was figured in?

They do need to stick to one color bracelet for each day however, I witnessed 3 different colors during our trip, needless to say this led me to save mine.

So, you plan on stealing then next time, right? :rolleyes:

I'm waiting on official word from the park about sharing the drinks.

Ok - That was fast...

The Unlimited Drink Wristbands are for the season passholders who purchased the wristbands only. If a passholder is caught getting drinks for non-passholders or for passholders who did not purchase the drink wristband may have their season pass revoked for the violation.

--Per Don Helbig, Public Relations Area Manager, Kings Island

Talk about a PR hit. "Man banned from KI for sharing a drink with his children" laughable

There will be no PR hit. Baby formula is the number 1 product stolen from Kroger stores and they prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. You'd never see an Enquirer article saying "mom arrested for trying to feed her infant." Ultimately you choose to be a criminal or not. Whether you steal $30,000 by robbing a bank or $4 from Kings Island for a drink doesn't make one better than the other. Everyone who wants the unlimited drinks needs to purchase a wrist band, whether you think you're too special to follow the rules or not. You know about the consequences, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Talk about a PR hit. "Man banned from KI for sharing a drink with his children" laughable

I am sure that the park does already know that a parent will share a little with their child...but they do not expect one wristband to supply a whole family with seperate drinks...some things just go without saying.

Life would be so much nicer if everyone would "only" follow the Golden Rule "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

• Like 1

You're right.

When it comes down to it, some will follow the rules and some will choose not to. I think it's rather obvious as to who the drinks are intended for even if it's not posted. You know who those who choose not to follow the rules will hurt the most? Yep, YOU particularly. Most of you spend more time than the average guest at Kings Island and those drinks really hurt the pocketbook. This great deal has more or less alleviated that and if it becomes an epidemic, I can see them getting rid of the program.

I'm waiting on official word from the park about sharing the drinks.

Ok - That was fast...

The Unlimited Drink Wristbands are for the season passholders who purchased the wristbands only. If a passholder is caught getting drinks for non-passholders or for passholders who did not purchase the drink wristband may have their season pass revoked for the violation.

--Per Don Helbig, Public Relations Area Manager, Kings Island

Ryan and Mr. Helbig should not have been reqiuired to waste their time with this. It should be common sense!!!

Unfortunately, sometimes there is nothing common about common sense. Especially when someone who knows better rationalizes in their own mind the wrongful conduct they intend to engage in regardless. It's not enough that they were going to share their all YOU can drink deal, but in addition to re-use the bracelet on another day? Crass, cheap, wrongful, illegal and stupid.

Don't hold your breath. The liability reasons alone would scare the tar out of any responsible company. Ever hear of the Dram Shop Acts? Basically, you serve someone alcohol, they become intoxicated and run someone down on the way home...guess who can also be held responsible?

Personally I'd say it's the fault of the moron that decided to drink and drive, but that's just me. I don't see how a park can be held responsible for any incidents caused by the alcohol consumption of the guests.

Don't hold your breath. The liability reasons alone would scare the tar out of any responsible company. Ever hear of the Dram Shop Acts? Basically, you serve someone alcohol, they become intoxicated and run someone down on the way home...guess who can also be held responsible?

Personally I'd say it's the fault of the moron that decided to drink and drive, but that's just me. I don't see how a park can be held responsible for any incidents caused by the alcohol consumption of the guests.

Not all states have Dram shop laws.

They were really more prevalent a few years ago.

We're actually seeing it go by the wayside in more venues.

Ohio Revised Code

Ohio Revised Code

Well I find it very difficult to read the information in the link. It's all quite confusing to be honest.

Ohio Revised Code

Well I find it very difficult to read the information in the link. It's all quite confusing to be honest.

In a nutshell.....

Don't serve someone that is drunk. (Noticably so...)

I was at Carowinds yesterday, and heard some one say that they brought back a refill jug they bought on a previous visit. Dunno how they got that through the gate...cause they go through your bag....but we bought the jugs and refilled them once during that day.

Fascinating....

CF does not appear to be able to stop line jumpers....

stop folk from smoking outside of designated areas....

masturbating in a children's pool

But if you're caught giving a friend or a relative a drink....

WE'RE GONNA GET YA!

lol i was thinking the same thing as i read this topic...wondering to myself if they would enforce this as well as the other policies you mentioned :unsure:

lol i was thinking the same thing as i read this topic...wondering to myself if they would enforce this as well as the other policies you mentioned :unsure:

Reminds me of when Cincinnati PD used to actively give tickets to J Walkers. I remember when they gave this 80 year old woman a ticket for not using the cross walk when she could barely walk to the corner. It made the news for weeks.