AWESOME Beverage Deal for Passholders at KI!

BoddaH1994

Drink wristbands are the best idea. I like having the cups but since you are not allowed to have the cup for certain rides I don't even bring it in to the park. The park is missing out on a major money maker because I would rather spend $7-$10 on a drink wristband every time I visit than bring in that cup and have to pay for refills AND buy a locker every time I want to ride KI's signature ride.

• Like 5

I can promise you with utmost certainty, that the powers that be at CF parks have little to no concern on what we would "rather" do, unless the "rather" is also the one that makes them the most money.  In this case, it isnt.

I completely agree with you! And that's the difference between KI or CF and some of the smaller parks. Big parks are ALWAYS about the bottom line ( I do understand that profits are what businesses are created for). Smaller parks are usually about the patron's experience. That's why people usually only talk about rides at CF and SIX but you hear more about the experiences and memories made at HW (turning off the preshow on TB for an autistic kid bothered by the sounds so he could ride), Dollywood (shows are world class and theming during the holidays are amazing!), Silver Dollar City (Theming and family atmosphere), and the parks like them.

• Like 3

Dollywood and Silver Dollar City are NOT small parks.  They are operated by Herschend Family Entertainment (which has several former Paramount Parks executives working for them, including Craig Ross and Jane Cooper).

One difference between Cedar Fair and HFE is that Cedar Fair is a publicly traded partnership.  They have unit holders to answer to who expect the cash distribution.  HFE is a privately held company.  So they have a little bit more leeway and are not as concerned with making a profit to satisfy the share holders/ unit holders.

• 4 months later...

Yep. Kinzel could have sold out to Apollo Global WITHOUT a unitholder vote. You'd likely NOT have Diamondback or Banshee...

Investor pressure can be a GOOD thing.

Creditors can have strong says regardless of corporate governance. See Conneaut Lake Park...

Oh...how this is going to be so clearly demonstrated in the coming days.