AWESOME Beverage Deal for Passholders at KI!

BoddaH1994

Now Kings Island Season Passholders can purchase an ALL DAY DRINK WRISTBAND that allows them to enjoy unlimited Coca-Cola soft drinks! This great passholder perk is just $6.99 and can be purchased at any of the following locations:

Festhaus, LaRosa's on International Street, Rivertown Pizza, Stunt Crew Grill in Action Zone, Ice Cream Zone in Action Zone, and Coney Refreshments and Outback Shack in Boomerang Bay.

My wife and kids did this today, and they didn't check her pass, she asked why when she was done, and the kid at LaRosa's said it was for everyone? No pass needed to partake in this nice deal...

I used the wristband today. Great deal on such a hot day. I probably drank 7-8 drinks through the course of the day. And yes, I let my friend who ran out of money have a couple sips. It was 95 degrees today.

I don't think sharing a drink you got for yourself is against the rules. I'm fairly sure it's just getting an entirely seperate drink for a friend/family members that's bad

They could've avoided all of this by selling a wristband for say $4 entitling that person to deeply discounted soda priced at a level that would make the park a per serving profit they are comfortable with ($1 maybe). Then they could encourage people to buy literally all they could drink. Proactive beats reactive 8 days a week.

They could've avoided all of this by selling a wristband for say $4 entitling that person to deeply discounted soda priced at a level that would make the park a per serving profit they are comfortable with ($1 maybe). Then they could encourage people to buy literally all they could drink. Proactive beats reactive 8 days a week.

So... instead of having a great deal, they'd have a moderate deal because you don't want to follow the rules?

Nah, I'd rather have the $6.99 ulimited drink wristbands and sit back and watch as you and others have your passes revoked.

No one is getting their passes revoked. CF can't police it and the employees don't care. As for the moderate deal it would totally eliminate misunderstandings and policing altogether. Seems like a good trade to me.

On a side note, playing devil's advocate on this forum has turned out to be really fun. It exposes people for who they are and what they believe in. First with CoastersRZ about Ferris Wheel's and Coney in general, and now this time with several people about the drink wristbands. You can all relax the truth is I bought a wristband and "shared" 4 drinks with my lovely wife. I would've gotten 4 drinks if I was alone and she wouldn't buy a drink in a million years, so no harm no foul in my estimation. In fact 4 drinks in my refill cup would've only been $1 more for alot more product. I was trying this out mainly to eliminate the need to carry a cup everywhere.

Uh huh. Like the criminal defendant who, when caught stealing from the cash register, claimed to be testing the system and that he had every intention of putting it back. Forums DO show the true sides of people. Why on earth would we not believe you when you even said you'd reuse the bracelet since they were using different colors on the same day.

And I wouldn't bet the farm that they will or won't enforce the rules on this one. Uneven enforcement rules is a real problem at the park this year. Management must decide what is important, convey their expectations consistently to employees and patrons, reward those who fulfill their expectations and deliver consequences to those who do not...if it wants to keep enforcement integrity.

Just sit back and wait. If the great irony of KIC takes place, he'll get his pass revoked. For example, I'd NEVER heard of anyone actually being ejected for line jumping and this kid that I knew of in real life came on here bragging that he line jumps all the time because the park doesn't enforce it. Two days later he gets banned from the park for a month for line jumping.

I have a feeling that someone on this thread will have their pass revoked this year and no one will get in trouble on KIC for sending them their lulz.

So nearly 11k posts is a representation of who you are? Someone with obviously no life (which I give you the benefit of the doubt on, because am a reasonable person) and nothing better to spend your time on than analyze someone you don't know? If you believed my first statement why would you be so selective as to not believe the truth? My wife and I got to the park after 6 P.M. that day and we went to 5 different drink stations (skyline, coney grill?, one stand down from coney grill, subway, then finally LaRosas in Rivertown) before we even located a bracelet to buy at nearly 7 P.M., and I did notice 3 different colored bracelets (Gold, Silver, and Bronze) and I thought "hey they really need to tighten this promo up", but whatever. I was merely presenting the members on this forum with a situation that could be exploited and potentially detrimental to the park we all love. If you are going to take anything on the internet for face value then I suggest you weigh it all equally because you are proving what happens when you assume. You are way off.

So nearly 11k posts is a representation of who you are? Someone with obviously no life (which I give you the benefit of the doubt on, because am a reasonable person) and nothing better to spend your time on than analyze someone you don't know? If you believed my first statement why would you be so selective as to not believe the truth? My wife and I got to the park after 6 P.M. that day and we went to 5 different drink stations (skyline, coney grill?, one stand down from coney grill, subway, then finally LaRosas in Rivertown) before we even located a bracelet to buy at nearly 7 P.M., and I did notice 3 different colored bracelets (Gold, Silver, and Bronze) and I thought "hey they really need to tighten this promo up", but whatever. I was merely presenting the members on this forum with a situation that could be exploited and potentially detrimental to the park we all love. If you are going to take anything on the internet for face value then I suggest you weigh it all equally because you are proving what happens when you assume. You are way off.

WOW

Man, I think that you need to forgo that drink bracelet. You obviously have too much caffein in your diet, already.

No one is getting their passes revoked. CF can't police it and the employees don't care. As for the moderate deal it would totally eliminate misunderstandings and policing altogether. Seems like a good trade to me.

On a side note, playing devil's advocate on this forum has turned out to be really fun. It exposes people for who they are and what they believe in. First with CoastersRZ about Ferris Wheel's and Coney in general, and now this time with several people about the drink wristbands. You can all relax the truth is I bought a wristband and "shared" 4 drinks with my lovely wife. I would've gotten 4 drinks if I was alone and she wouldn't buy a drink in a million years, so no harm no foul in my estimation. In fact 4 drinks in my refill cup would've only been $1 more for alot more product. I was trying this out mainly to eliminate the need to carry a cup everywhere.

Ha, I this guy has a wife, yet acts as if he's 13.

white_2.75x2.75.jpg

trash1.jpg

Of course, Mr. Postman, you never did address whether or not you were going to use your wristband on a subsequent visit. Your silence on the matter speaks volumes.

Your so-called experiment of playing devil's advocate was a monumental failure. You didn't expose anyone, now did you? Not to mention you keep saying that no one knows you, but you claim to know other members here based on playing devil's advocate. Try again.

I could care less about post count. It's quality over quantity.

You're still avoiding the questions. :rolleyes:

Actually, KIBeast, you couldn't care less about your post count! :) If you COULD care less, then you would care some.

Terpy, who points this one out pretty often (it being one of his peeves)...and as for no life, tee hee hee....of all the things I've ever been accused of (and I have been accused of many), that ain't one of them....and know this, Mr. Postman...had posts in the other than Kings Island topics counted (which they didn't until very recently), you'd think I have even less of a life....I don't care about post quantity...not a whit...even if it would take a crane to lift all my words! Here, birdy! :)

I could care less about post count. It's quality over quantity.

You're still avoiding the questions. :rolleyes:

Actually, KIBeast, you couldn't care less about your post count! :) If you COULD care less, then you would care some.

Terpy, who points this one out pretty often (it being one of his peeves)...and as for no life, tee hee hee....of all the things I've ever been accused of (and I have been accused of many), that ain't one of them....and know this, Mr. Postman...had posts in the other than Kings Island topics counted (which they didn't until very recently), you'd think I have even less of a life....I don't care about post quantity...not a whit...even if it would take a crane to lift all my words! Here, birdy! :)

And who says that's not what he means?

KIBeast seems to be a pretty caring guy. I'm betting that he does care some. So in essence, he really could care less!

Jeshhhh!

Show me the rules and restrictions bub and I will abide no prob. Until then I will get a bracelet, share with my family and dare someone to stop me.

When sharing a drink at KI is outlawed, only outlaws will share drinks at KI.

--Jesse James Postman

The fact that you need to see the "rules and regulations" is shocking. I understand hooking your people up, but be realistic. I'm by no means a saint but I don't need to have the rules and regs pointed out to me. As a member of society, you should know what is acceptable and what is not.

CF may not police it, but I would wager that most reasonable guests that are aware of the deal would report any abuse. I know I would. That being said, I'm sure no one is going to say anything about a father sharing his drink, but if a person is getting 6-7 or more drinks at a time and supplying their family, I would have to say something, not only to the employee at the stand, but also to GR as the employee is not following the presumed established procedure.

My friend and I used this deal last weekend while at the park. While we were purchasing the wristbands we were never asked to see our passes which kind of bothered me but I figured that maybe the cashier saw my pass as I was getting out my money.

We went to ride Flight Deck right after that and a girl in line behind us asked if we had purchased the bands that day. After chatting with her for a bit, we discovered that she not only purchased her band the day before, she didn't even have a pass. They were only there for Spirit Song.

It's situations like this that ruin it for the rest of us. My friend and I each bought our own band, and will continue to purchase them on the rest of our trips to the park because its only 7 dollars, and its the honest thing to do. It makes me sad to know what some people will do just because they can get away with it. I for one am happy to hear that the ones that abuse it and get caught will have their passes revoked.

Also, I feel that I should mention that some of the workers are less than friendly when you use the wristband. We were even turned away at Kangaroo Smoothies in BB, and at the Funnel Cake place in Rivertown.

Ogrmac... Rant Over

• Like 1

My friend and I used this deal last weekend while at the park. While we were purchasing the wristbands we were never asked to see our passes which kind of bothered me but I figured that maybe the cashier saw my pass as I was getting out my money.

We went to ride Flight Deck right after that and a girl in line behind us asked if we had purchased the bands that day. After chatting with her for a bit, we discovered that she not only purchased her band the day before, she didn't even have a pass. They were only there for Spirit Song.

It's situations like this that ruin it for the rest of us. My friend and I each bought our own band, and will continue to purchase them on the rest of our trips to the park because its only 7 dollars, and its the honest thing to do. It makes me sad to know what some people will do just because they can get away with it. I for one am happy to hear that the ones that abuse it and get caught will have their passes revoked.

Also, I feel that I should mention that some of the workers are less than friendly when you use the wristband. We were even turned away at Kangaroo Smoothies in BB, and at the Funnel Cake place in Rivertown.

Ogrmac... Rant Over

If I got turned away after paying for the wrist band, I would have something to say about it (politely of course). And it's sad that the Spirit Song crowd, of all people, was like that.....

• Like 1

Ironic that the Christian girl admittingly broke the rules.

FIRE AND BRIMSTONE!!! :rolleyes: !

We visited KI water park today 7/19/08, we left our souvenir cup at home to try the new Gold Pass drink deal, when we went to the Outback Shack get a wristband and a drink the cashier said yes and rang us up. We waited about 3-4 minutes then he comes over and says I need to refund your money, because they have not brought the wristband to us today” I questioned it and asked will they get them later and he said yeah they should , I complained some more and the supervisor came over to help the cashier refund my money and repeated that someone has not brought the wristbands over yet. He said he understands how I felt but offered no solution but come back later. I said but what about my drink now he offered to sell me another souvenir cup for full price or drinks on their menu for full price. We said we would come back later.

After an hour and a half (12:30PM) my wife went back and they still had no wristband so she paid full price $3.69 for a Coke and did so for the rest of the day.

I over paid for soda all day today because I went with the false presumption that I would have been able to get a wristband for soda service. Not happy with the service at Boomerang Bay it seems to me that no one cares over there, but at least they offer a response of they understand how we feel. It did not ruin our day by any means but wonder if they feel bad that we were not able to participate and save from their offer as they are concerned about others taking advantage of their offer.

We visited KI water park today 7/19/08, we left our souvenir cup at home to try the new Gold Pass drink deal, when we went to the Outback Shack get a wristband and a drink the cashier said yes and rang us up. We waited about 3-4 minutes then he comes over and says I need to refund your money, because they have not brought the wristband to us today” I questioned it and asked will they get them later and he said yeah they should , I complained some more and the supervisor came over to help the cashier refund my money and repeated that someone has not brought the wristbands over yet. He said he understands how I felt but offered no solution but come back later. I said but what about my drink now he offered to sell me another souvenir cup for full price or drinks on their menu for full price. We said we would come back later.

After an hour and a half (12:30PM) my wife went back and they still had no wristband so she paid full price $3.69 for a Coke and did so for the rest of the day.

I over paid for soda all day today because I went with the false presumption that I would have been able to get a wristband for soda service. Not happy with the service at Boomerang Bay it seems to me that no one cares over there, but at least they offer a response of they understand how we feel. It did not ruin our day by any means but wonder if they feel bad that we were not able to participate and save from their offer as they are concerned about others taking advantage of their offer.

Sounds like the worst case of false advertising since that movie "The Neverending Story" :)

You're absolutely right to be upset. The wrist bands were supposed to be available at that location in Boomerang Bay. I'd highly recommend calling Kings Island at 1-800-288-0808 and telling them about what happened. They're not going to refund your drinks, but undoubtly it'll bring the issue to their attention.

Thanks Ryan I started to head to Boomerang Bay’s Guests Relations office after the first incident but half way there I remembered how useless they were a couple weeks back and figured I would be wasting my time and risking making my frustration worse, so I turned around and went back to my seat. I often worry that maybe we fanboy’s can be over critical so sometimes I choose to think about it more before reacting to the situation. To be honest I have not been very happy with the attitudes of the water park and can back up my complaints with some names and experiences, I’m afraid that once I get started

I may end up complaining about all my experiences there this year and don’t want to be labeled as a disgruntled guest. The part that gets me is I do not want other guest to haft to see or go through similar negative experiences, so that may get me to responded to KI main guests relations but for me I’ll learn from each of these occurrences and try not to put myself in those situations again.

Now for a positive; the train crew and I mean all of them are very nice this year and have got more active with the guests with active cheers contests and points of interests. Great job KIMVRR Crew.

P.S. does anyone know why a trophy was in the Telegraph Post Office Shed today?

Just a couple thoughts on the topics...

When I was still working at the park, granted it has been several years ago now, the COG for soft drinks was pennies. I am sure this has increased over the years, but I am guessing it is still pretty low. I am sure KI before offering the wristband deal has already worked the numbers to include a certain percentage of guests who will use the wristband to get a drink for their family or friends. I am not debating whether this is wrong or right, I am saying that KI would have this number already built-in to their margin on the wristband deal. Frankly they probably make so much margin on drinks not purchased under the wristband deal that they have room to take the hit from the all-you-can-drink program.

On Don H.'s comment about wristbands for seasonpass holders only...we have already heard on this board that associates are not asking to see season passes when supplying drinks to folks with wristbands, so I think KI would be foolish to make an issue out of someone getting extra drinks for friends or family when their own associates are not following the policy. Even if the associates did ask to see the pass, it does not stop the passholder from going to another location and getting a drink for a friend. Also, who is and how is this program policed? The associates serving the drinks should never be put in the position of policing this program, and having to confront a guest who is violating the policy. KI knows there is really no way to police this program, and I am sure they don't ever intend to do as such.

Just a couple thoughts on the topics...

When I was still working at the park, granted it has been several years ago now, the COG for soft drinks was pennies. I am sure this has increased over the years, but I am guessing it is still pretty low. I am sure KI before offering the wristband deal has already worked the numbers to include a certain percentage of guests who will use the wristband to get a drink for their family or friends. I am not debating whether this is wrong or right, I am saying that KI would have this number already built-in to their margin on the wristband deal. Frankly they probably make so much margin on drinks not purchased under the wristband deal that they have room to take the hit from the all-you-can-drink program.

On Don H.'s comment about wristbands for seasonpass holders only...we have already heard on this board that associates are not asking to see season passes when supplying drinks to folks with wristbands, so I think KI would be foolish to make an issue out of someone getting extra drinks for friends or family when their own associates are not following the policy. Even if the associates did ask to see the pass, it does not stop the passholder from going to another location and getting a drink for a friend. Also, who is and how is this program policed? The associates serving the drinks should never be put in the position of policing this program, and having to confront a guest who is violating the policy. KI knows there is really no way to police this program, and I am sure they don't ever intend to do as such.

Now when I was a manager at the park, I remember that the food cost of a souvenir cup worked out to be roughly 5 cents. (Not joking about that before anyone brings up a nickel comment.)