AWESOME Beverage Deal for Passholders at KI!

BoddaH1994

Gee, what does parking cost at Holiday World? A hamburger? Fries? Pizza? And what do comparable items cost at Kings Island compared to the smaller parks? And where are many people spending their nickels?

As for Ryan's admission pricing argument, what does the typical guest actually pay to get into Holiday World? And what does the typical guest actually pay to get into Kings Island? With all the discount deals, groups, season passes (which are MUCH more expensive at Holiday World than at most parks, by the way), etc., I suspect the real gate price is not all that different between the two parks, except for the parking fee at Kings Island. I strongly suspect the average adult guest at both parks gets in for somewhat less than $30.

We're going to Holiday World this Monday (I'll be sure to post a TR, maybe even with pictures this time!), and being the researcher I am the best price I'm able to find is AAA which is $5 off the gate price. We're going to use the Pepsi can discount, which is currently $4 off at the gate (it changes at different times of the season), because we don't want to be stuck with tickets in case something were to happen and we weren't able to go. The tickets at the hotels were not as good. No deep discounts that I can find, unlike what's available for KI now.

Even without factoring in the would-be price of parking and drinks, Holiday World will be making more $ off of us in this one visit than a single visit to KI if I weren't a SP holder. If I weren't a KI SP holder I would have gotten a deep discount, and still been turned away by the high food prices. With HW's more reasonable food prices, we won't be going to our car to eat or an outside restaurant like we do with KI.

And there sure as heck aren't any deep discounts for our trip to WDW in September. Every year we do two parks in two days, and the past two years we have been extremely fortunate enough to have a friend who works there who is able to get us comp tickets for one of those days. So that leaves us with having to pay for one day. The discounts really kick in around the 3 to 4 day ticket range, but that's fine with me. WDW is a whole other beast than the seasonal parks.

Now on the topic at hand, I like the idea of the wristband, but it's really not worth it for us. Besides water, we typically get one souvenir cup refill per visit, which we share between the 3 of us. And that doesn't make us criminals, we just don't drink enough Coke products individually to warrant 3 different drinks.

XGatorHead 8904 – True not much of a discount for day visits patrons on vacation at Disney World unless they visit the parks for more than 3 days during their stay and in fact it is strongly rumored that on Sunday August 3 Disney will increases their Park tickets.

We always go in September too, this year from Sept 27 – Oct 5

0_0_2cee101807830249c600b9031a2dfb6b_1.j

We always go then because we get the Disney Dinning Plan (DDP) at no charge for going during the low crowd off season (thank goodness for year round school schedule) we just haft to stay on site. We get the value resort for $82.00 a night but the $148.00 DDP is free.

Now back on topic, I just wished KI had a smaller cup at a smaller price as a family we don’t normally drink a full cup below half way.

Gee, what does parking cost at Holiday World? A hamburger? Fries? Pizza? And what do comparable items cost at Kings Island compared to the smaller parks? And where are many people spending their nickels?

As for Ryan's admission pricing argument, what does the typical guest actually pay to get into Holiday World? And what does the typical guest actually pay to get into Kings Island? With all the discount deals, groups, season passes (which are MUCH more expensive at Holiday World than at most parks, by the way), etc., I suspect the real gate price is not all that different between the two parks, except for the parking fee at Kings Island. I strongly suspect the average adult guest at both parks gets in for somewhat less than $30.

We're going to Holiday World this Monday (I'll be sure to post a TR, maybe even with pictures this time!), and being the researcher I am the best price I'm able to find is AAA which is $5 off the gate price. We're going to use the Pepsi can discount, which is currently $4 off at the gate (it changes at different times of the season), because we don't want to be stuck with tickets in case something were to happen and we weren't able to go. The tickets at the hotels were not as good. No deep discounts that I can find, unlike what's available for KI now.

Even without factoring in the would-be price of parking and drinks, Holiday World will be making more $ off of us in this one visit than a single visit to KI if I weren't a SP holder. If I weren't a KI SP holder I would have gotten a deep discount, and still been turned away by the high food prices. With HW's more reasonable food prices, we won't be going to our car to eat or an outside restaurant like we do with KI.

And there sure as heck aren't any deep discounts for our trip to WDW in September. Every year we do two parks in two days, and the past two years we have been extremely fortunate enough to have a friend who works there who is able to get us comp tickets for one of those days. So that leaves us with having to pay for one day. The discounts really kick in around the 3 to 4 day ticket range, but that's fine with me. WDW is a whole other beast than the seasonal parks.

Now on the topic at hand, I like the idea of the wristband, but it's really not worth it for us. Besides water, we typically get one souvenir cup refill per visit, which we share between the 3 of us. And that doesn't make us criminals, we just don't drink enough Coke products individually to warrant 3 different drinks.

I was at Holiday World this past Sunday. Ate two meals (for me and 2 kids) in the park for a total of around $30. About the same as we would spend at Frisch's or wherever else we would eat off site around KI.

The fact of the matter is, neither you nor I know what attendance is like at Kings Island this year. I can tell you that the park has seemed busier than usual these past few months.

I'd hope so, with all the discounts they're offering... discounts = less nickels for kinzel to count as guests head out to their cars to eat lunch...

and for a guy who said Kings Island was one of his favorite Paramount Parks in interviews after the CF purchase, I would think he would at least MENTION Kings Island...unless there is nothing positive to report...Where else, indeed...

I visited Holiday World over the weekend with my girlfriend...we ate at a pretty big (unhealthy) meal at two pm....two slices of pizza, unlimited soft drinks, 2 cookies, and 2 apple sauces for $15...sorry but I'm pretty sure I would have spent A LOT more than that at Kings Island - i'll check LaRosa's pizza next time i stop in...

True, but you can also get the Backyard BBQ for $15 and have unlimited food.

I'd much rather have a limited amount of food of high quality than an unlimited amount of food of low quality. I really do not understand why people line up for subpar food of limited quality but unlimited quantity. Wait a minute...after looking at the size of most of the people in places like Golden Corral, I think I may understand it.

Sad.

It's really sad there isn't a single nice sit-down table service restaurant at Kings Island.....and it is quite amazing that there isn't.

True, but you can also get the Backyard BBQ for $15 and have unlimited food.

I'd much rather have a limited amount of food of high quality than an unlimited amount of food of low quality. I really do not understand why people line up for subpar food of limited quality but unlimited quantity. Wait a minute...after looking at the size of most of the people in places like Golden Corral, I think I may understand it.

Sad.

It's really sad there isn't a single nice sit-down table service restaurant at Kings Island.....and it is quite amazing that there isn't.

I'm guessing the sit down restaurant is an 'all in due time' sort of thing.

Three Friends and I recently went to Cedar Point on July 18 and 19. The first night we ate at The Gameday Grill. That was such a great place! The portions of food were great and the food was good quality and the plate was like 8 bucks plus drink. I had the Chicken Tenders meal which it is hard to screw up chicken tenders but still, I was in the mood for it, and the atmosphere and conversation couldn't have been matched that night. It was the perfect place for us to eat that night. I really wish KI would get a table service restaurant.

The least they can do?

So should we be determining what parks should be charging and what is the least they can do now? So what should the price for WDW be? Or Universal? Or Even Kings Island? Seems that with KI's pricing integrity that you can get in for mere nickels (depending on what park of the area you're in). I tell ya Boddah, maybe you're having a bad evening but this is the second cranky post that I've read from you this morning. We could actually say "that's great that "X" park does that - but "Kings Island" is doing what it feels is necessary.

Epic LOL. I'm always cranky. Had you bothered to come to the event last year, you'd know that. :rolleyes:

And need I point out Indiana Beach is setting attendance records this year, Holiday World is reportedly setting attendance records this year, Kennywood is setting attendance records this year, and for the first time in recent memory, I see Kings Island offering STEEPLY discounted tickets at Kroger in July and August, and even the United States Postal Service is now giving out discount coupons for Kings Island in some areas. I also hear Mr. Kinzel saying that other former Paramount Parks are doing well...and then listen to him list every single former Paramount Park except one. Which one? Kings Island, where else?

Holiday World is far from my favorite park, but it is difficult to impossible NOT to point out the difference in price between the free Pepsi all day deal at Holiday World and Kings Island's "AWESOME" (Ryan's words and capitalization, not mine) deal for all you can drink Coke...

The fact of the matter is, neither you nor I know what attendance is like at Kings Island this year. I can tell you that the park has seemed busier than usual these past few months.

I must agree. It seems that the number of park patrons has noticably increased this year.

It is at Holiday World...you see ONE slice of their pizza is bigger than two of La Rosa's... (just don't ask me about the quality of Holiday World's pizza...I'd prefer eating the box. I feel the same way about that dross concoction Knoebels calls pizza, too. What park pizza do I love? Cedar Point back by Maverick, Dorney Park, Hersheypark...)

• 8 months later...
Now Kings Island Season Passholders can purchase an ALL DAY DRINK WRISTBAND that allows them to enjoy unlimited Coca-Cola soft drinks! This great passholder perk is just $6.99 and can be purchased at any of the following locations:

Festhaus, LaRosa's on International Street, Rivertown Pizza, Stunt Crew Grill in Action Zone, Ice Cream Zone in Action Zone, and Coney Refreshments and Outback Shack in Boomerang Bay.

WOW!!! down two bucks from last year that is a deal at a steal. plus you figure you get three drinks and you spent your moneys worth.

This is kind of a rip-off. Anyone can buy them this year regardless of season pass status. I would have loved to see a discount for pass holders, but none yet. I called the park Thursday and was told $8.99, so in two days the price jumped a dollar.

I'm not sure how allowing everyone to buy them is a rip off. Season pass holders get a TON of perks at KI and I thought having the drink wrist bands being only for pass holders was kind of silly from the start. I bought 2 or 3 of them last year and they never check to see if I had a pass anyway.

I'm not sure how allowing everyone to buy them is a rip off. Season pass holders get a TON of perks at KI and I thought having the drink wrist bands being only for pass holders was kind of silly from the start. I bought 2 or 3 of them last year and they never check to see if I had a pass anyway.

I guess I'm thinking that if one year its a pass perk and the next its available to non pass holders is just a reason to wonder what the next "perk" that will be offered and then changed will be. Am I alone in thinking that pass holders maybe should be offered a discount as an incentive to a purchase?

Our group took advantage of an even better deal yesterday.. free cups of ice water at every food stand. Even better that there is one right by DB's entrance. We'd walk up with like 9 or 10 people in tow and request 6 or 7 cups of ice water. It was awesome.

Yup, that's how we did it too :D

The sign in Outer Hanks reportedly said the deal is exclusive to passholders, at $9.99. Are we SURE anyone can buy it? Also, Coke is reportedly now $3.59/$3.79.

According to the park's hotline operators, and confirmed by another poster in this thread the wristband is no longer exclusive to passholders.

There was some miscommunication where many people were not informed about wristbands not being required since it was required last year. Unfortunately, changes aren't always communicated clearly so some were informed while others were under the impression the rules remained the same from last year. It also lists on the VIP perks that the pizza deal is only good June-August but as of this time but the restaurants are honoring it.

There was some miscommunication where many people were not informed about wristbands not being required since it was required last year. Unfortunately, changes aren't always communicated clearly so some were informed while others were under the impression the rules remained the same from last year. It also lists on the VIP perks that the pizza deal is only good June-August but as of this time but the restaurants are honoring it.

I think you mean season passes, not wristbands.

And the sign in Outer Hanks clearly indicated the new price, $9.99, while saying it was a passholder perk. Are you saying that was miscommunication as well?

• 6 years later...