New coaster name hints

UncleHenry

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it's obvious the movie they are referencing is SNAKES ON A PLANE!!!

The scene where the snakes burst out of the crates? COME ON!

Please let Samuel L. Jackson be there to give the official announcement.

:lol:

I think it'll be named Komodo

Just saw on the other site that if you google komodo movie and look at the images and there is a big hint there

http://www.heptune.com/komodo.html

This website also shows that komodo dragons live mostly on islands that can only be accessed by boat, what a better to put a ride like komodo at Kings Island. also there is a sign that says komodo crossing BE SILENT!!!! kinda like the sign at Kings Island... check out the link above and see if it dont change your mind!!!

I think the ride could be KOMODO!!!

Snakes, why did it have to be snakes...

(This line used with expressed permission from Paramount Studios unlike those Jungle skippers who use the line illegally in the cambodian temple ruins. Everyone knows that the Great Movie Ride has to pay to use the line while traveling through the indiana Jones section. Humming the theme song while placing a hat on your head at that point during the Jungle Cruise in order to give passengers a photo opportunity is however permitted.)

...as opposed to the non-existent Indiana Jones permission used at Adventure Express...or the remarkable resemblance between Phantom Theater and both Phantom of the Opera AND a certain haunted mansion. But then, all that was before the being owned by a company with the same name as a movie studio days...and this is now after...

Don't think of me as trying to ruin your fun or anything, but is it really all that important to try and guess the new coaster's name?

Personally I don't care what they name it as long as it goes fast and/or turns me upside down quite a few times :)

Definitely looks similar to the Komodo movie artwork, however, what of the "Ride Sally Ride" clue? Definitely pointing in the direction of "Mustang", although the 09 coaster's teaser art is definitely not the eye of any horse I've ever seen.

As someone else suggested, though... a "Cobra" is a type of Mustang car...

Also, the fact that cobras aren't native to Ohio didn't stop them from naming the original "King Cobra" in the first place.

As far as the track color, copperheads are reddish brown in color. They're not really known for speed, though.

Doing a little investigation into types of "fast" snakes, the Black Mamba is the world's fastest.

Further digging... the "Taipan" snake is native to Australia. Could the buildings some are mistaking for "western-themed" be instead, Australian outback?

Definitely looks similar to the Komodo movie artwork, however, what of the "Ride Sally Ride" clue? Definitely pointing in the direction of "Mustang", although the 09 coaster's teaser art is definitely not the eye of any horse I've ever seen.

Its not Mustang! :wacko:

P-51 Mustangs don't have eye's. The eye is there to throw you off.

It is because they eye is one giant clue.

In another thread I said Moccasin (as in Water), and hubby says Mustang. I like the Cobra. I think it's gonna be an amphibian related to the Ohio Area, 36 yrs in the making, etc. just my 2 cents.

deb

If the three videos on the official website are any indication, I don't think it is snake related. If it were, the camera would be positioned closer to the ground. And the eye is definitely not the eye of a horse.

My thinking is it is could be some kind of lizard (Komodo Dragon, as someone else suggested) or dinosaur, or perhaps crocodile or alligator?

It is because they eye is one giant clue.

Makes me think of the old song "The Eye of the Tiger".