2 years later, are you happy CF purchased KI?

Browntggrr

So far I'm impressed with what I've seen out of CF. All the events that have taken place have been a great method of drawing attention back to KI as a unique park, not just a park to ride rides and leave.

The landscaping is quite impeccable. In fact, the park looks better than I've seen it for a long time. It now has character and a "welcome to our park" feeling.

All in all, I'm glad we have CF, they will treat KI the way its creators intended. Long live CF!

Cedar Fair is doing a super job bringing back the old KI I grew up with and loved. In addition to getting back to KI's roots of building great coasters, they have also brought back the great live shows that KI was legendary for. Of course, best of all, the park is so much cleaner.

Its great since Cear Fair Bought it Like in previous posts its brining back Kings Island 's heritage (like the founders invisioned it).

But one one side of things what will happen to oktoberfest they have 2 rides right???

But overall friendly clean park: Now bring back a long dark boat ride!!! and the park is back:

I'm very happy with Cedar Fair. In fact, given this new coaster coming, the only thing really on my wish list would be a sit down restaurant, or at least more diverse food options. I will say, contrary to what a majority of the posters on here write, I've been happy with the food I have gotten this year.

CF is doing a great job, Firehawk, cleaning up the park, new B&M hyper, new shows, and SOB improvements. But i do miss Paramount cause most of my life, the park was owned by them, and did give KI some awesome stuff, but they also removed the Eagles and Antique Cars just for Waste Of Space: The Ride. I think that Cedar Fair will do the park good, and make it much better!

I am a huge Cedar Fair fan! I was happy when I heard the news that all the Paramount Parks were bought buy them. Cedar Fair has along history of Great Parks and I think it is going to continue. I see a great future for KI now, where before I didn't. Things to come new resort and camp grounds much like light house point at CP. I also see a TGI Fridays coming in soon. Say goodbye to Sponge Bob and gang and hello to the Peanuts Gang. I also see them making the kid section smaller and adding another kiddie section in the back of the park somewhere. Over all the place has never looked better. WTG Cedar Fair!!!! :D

Say goodbye to Sponge Bob and gang and hello to the Peanuts Gang. I also see them making the kid section smaller and adding another kiddie section in the back of the park somewhere. Over all the place has never looked better. WTG Cedar Fair!!!! :D

I seriously doubt that CF would consciously do anything to stop NickU (or possibly a rethemed area if the money is not right to renew the contract) from being voted the best kid's area in the world (like making it smaller). There is a lot of money in bringing younger kids to the park, parents willing to spend money in the park to make them happy and creating fans for life.

But back on topic, I voted for better than I expected for the same reason others did.

I am soo glad CF bought the park, thank god we didn't have 5 more years of Paramount.

wow, it's interesting to read the comments on this thread.

I've been on a Geauga Lake forum glancing over the "deconstruction" pictures and there is NOTHING but BLISTERING comments for CF there.

interesting contrast.

It really ain't CF's fault, SF was the one who overloaded the park.

As many have already said, CF has brought back the nostalgia of KI and they aren't done yet. Can we complain about Firehawk and Now a B&M Hyper??? Not to mention the entertainment is far superior than what Paramount ever did. My only hope is they continue on this path and bring in a more traditional sit down resturant. Wings is in serious need of some TLC and with the new Coaster in Rivertown we may finally see it.

I've been on a Geauga Lake forum glancing over the "deconstruction" pictures and there is NOTHING but BLISTERING comments for CF there.

interesting contrast.

Yeah.

It's funny when you give people what they want on how attitudes change.

But when you take something away... Watch out! You are now the worst thing in the World.

It is too bad what happened to GL. But the bottom line is the bottom line. People were not going and the park was losing money.

What kind of reaction would we have if CF came out with this: "Sorry KI (or CW), we were going to install a B & M mega coaster at your park. But due to the amount of money is costs to operate GL in the red, out plans have changed."

Obviously, CF would never come out and say that, but it is certain that if money is being poured out somewhere else, we will see less of it here.

interesting contrast.

Yeah.

It's funny when you give people what they want on how attitudes change.

But when you take something away... Watch out! You are now the worst thing in the World.

It is too bad what happened to GL. But the bottom line is the bottom line. People were not going and the park was losing money.

What kind of reaction would we have if CF came out with this: "Sorry KI (or CW), we were going to install a B & M mega coaster at your park. But due to the amount of money is costs to operate GL in the red, out plans have changed."

Obviously, CF would never come out and say that, but it is certain that if money is being poured out somewhere else, we will see less of it here.

Good points. I wonder how many/how much people's feelings on CF have changed with the construction of this new coaster... I know mine has some.

To me the new coaster is like icing on the cake. The fact that it is a B&M, a Hyper and a Capcity Monster compared to Firehawk. Thats just more of a bonus.

CF has done a great job so far and now that they have almost completed the jetison of GL, more capital will flow to their parks...

I am soo glad CF bought the park, thank god we didn't have 5 more years of Paramount.

interesting contrast.

It really ain't CF's fault, SF was the one who overloaded the park.

I second that it was mostly Six Flags problem......Cedar Fair tried to come to the rescue and save the park and when it couldn't be saved. Cedar Fair took the hit.

Need I remind you that the last few years that Paramount/CBS was in control of the park, the International Show Place sat vacant and had no shows all summer. Not to mention that the Festhaus last had a live show in it back in the mid 1990`s. You can`t complain about the amount of options for live entertainment you have this year!

I don't think i would go so far as to say "The entertainment from CF is far superior than that of Paramount"

As a matter of fact, there are probably quite a few people who disagree with you...

Doesn't CF have double the shows than Paramount did?

And no, I do not count Karaoke as a show.

Im just gona sit back and watch, as soon as CF does something major to the park ( Like take out a very popular ride or maybe tear down the park and make a giant water park) im pretty sure most of you will change your minds on the spot.

I am guessing, but:

Timberwolf may not be on the map since it is a seperate pay venue.

Not sure anyone else has said this but Timberwolf only has one show this year. With the new area at Coney Island they all went their.