Geauga Lake Double Loop

Friends reliably report the Double Loop has been completely demolished for scrap...

NO THEY DIDNT?!?!?!?!This is so mother f'n gay.That was my 2 favorite coaster at the Lake.Why didnt they move it to another park?Carowinds coulda got it instead of that cloned peice of crap.I just wish Cedar Fair had never EVER bought Geauga Lake.Poor Villain.Its next. :(:(:(

Edited by Venom1994

Actually, if anything that contributed to relative smoothness. Design itself and age may have contributed to perceived roughness. Until the very end (see Tennessee Tornado as opposed to Vortex at Kings Island or Great American Scream Machine at Great Adventure) Arrow was never very good at designing transition elements.

Actually the could have moved it to Carowinds or for that any park it would just cost A LOT thats what they did with the old Geauga Lake Corkscrew, by the way im new here and let me tell you all what i have a very strong opinion so i will be getting in a lot of conversations about Geauga Lake

It certainly does look that way! In any event, you are right, it would cost a great deal to remove and re-assemble. Cedar Fair is in dire financial straits, and has more debt than market capitalization at the moment. Moving the Double Loop to another of its parks was simply not financially prudent.

No definatley feelings dont pay bills but if they didnt rip out coaster after coaster and not add anything those coasters could be paying their own bills ! Selling Geauga Lake to Cedar Fair was the worst mistake EVER, they dont give a crap about history they just care about how much money their not getting! I have one question how would you all feel if Cedar Fair treated Kings Island the same exact way they treated Geauga Lake.

Say SOB had another accident and they left it rot away what would you say

What if they decided to rip out Firehawk what would you do

What if they just put fences up around the park in places where they ripped things out, what would you think

Then they decide to tear out SOB who would you be mad at

Then they tear out FOF and put a fence around that area what would you think the park looked like.

Say they shut down the water park and left it rot and fill up with nasty water and then you can see if from the Tower what would you think seeing that as a veiw.

And then all the sudden they close the park all together saying that their wasnt enough attendance what would you do !

Would like my to continue on i have plenty cause you would have the same feeling about Cedar Fair that we do against Cedar Fair

Everyone here understands the anger you feel about losing the park.

But you can't really throw things like that out there.

How would you feel if they did this and that?????

Point is....Geauga Lake was huge drain.....It lost money, year after year.

It was over developed by Six Flags too quickly, and had more debt than income.

I was not surprised by it's closing. I don't think anyone was, regardless of what they say now.

I visited The Lake a few years ago.....I was so upset with park management, employee service, and poor maintenance, that I vowed I'd never go back. Now, if you want to talk about people that loved the park, I would have to remind you that it seems that more people left in my frame of mind than yours.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm happy it closed, because I'm not. People just have a habit of sensationalizing something after it's gone. It was a nice small park, nothing more. It was in dire need of an overhaul. The entire was ran down, and broken down. It would have been a huge investment to bring it up to snuff. With the low attendance, no one would justify putting even more money into it.

Please don't think I'm just trying to bash your favorite park. I just have a very strong opinion about it too.

It just happens to be the oppisite of yours.

Oh yeah i forgot the high attendance wasnt in Cedar Fair was it no they sucked at running this park, it was horrible i went all the time when it was Six Flags cause it something for the entire family not just something for the absolute roller coaster freaks so which was better definatley Six Flags I will agree the did add way to much at one time, they should have never merged them but if they didnt you wouldnt have Firehawk and Kings Dominion wouldnt have Dominator. Plus the only time i ever saw the park looks bad was during Cedar Fair period!

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. So am I.

Here is mine.

If you think CF closed Geauga Lake just to make you mad, or to "steal" rides for other parks, then you need to grow up.

You signed up here today, have posted in 2 forums....One forum you bash CF for closing GL. The other, you bash KI for having too much trash in the park.

This is a site where everyone, or should I now say, the majority of people like, and visit Kings Island.

You are not going to come here, bash CF, and get everyone here to hate them because they closed GL.

Cedar Fair is not the wicked step mother here. They closed GL because it made sense to do so.

It's gone, and it isn't coming back. No one is going to save the Big Dipper. It sucks, but thats the reality of it.