Geauga Lake Double Loop

a. They had the rights to the Seaworld side, but Mr. Kinzel and Mr. Falfas decided not to buy the animals from Six Flags...saying Cedar Fair was not in the animal business.

b. Road access to Geauga Lake was and is terrible. Finding it is very difficult for the average tourist. Even Cedar Point has relatively poor access, though, compared to most modern parks...which normally sit at the end of an Interstate exit.

• Like 1

a. They had the rights to the Seaworld side, but Mr. Kinzel and Mr. Falfas decided not to buy the animals from Six Flags...saying Cedar Fair was not in the animal business.

Would this be like InBev removing all the great things that should be the reasons for buying Anheuser Busch?

You know, why want something really bad, but not realize that you want to get rid of the very things that made a company attractive to you in the first place.

It just baffles me.

• Like 1

Okay if you go to this link ...http://geaugalaketoday.com/Roller_Coasters.htm you will realize there is only ten coasters excluding the Zyclon, Wild Mouse, Little Dipper and Corckscrew because those are already out when Six Flags bought the park, there was not nine when Six Flags bought the park what are you talking about and then Cedar Fair took out Steel Venom and X-Flight and then left the raging wolf bobs to rot and took out the monorail so that is where im getting the 10 coaster count and during Cedar Fair at the end there was only 7 cause of so much they did i will get more info but at the moment i g to go !

Sorry thats not the way i type!

Then you had better be reading the Terms of Service before you suddenly disappear:

Spelling and grammar: You guys know how to write; I have no doubt about that. Please take the time to read over your posts before you post them to ensure that it's not confusing. This includes proper spelling, punctuation, and capitalization mainly. AND PLEASE DON'T YELL!....

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4128

These are not optional. It's called consideration for others.

Please have some, or don't be surprised when you are no longer with us.

Wouldnt mind seeing a disappearing act. Some people wont follow the rules nor will they look at a situation objectively.

You know there use to be a great site for GL called Refreshinglook.com, but it disappeared just like GL did when SF bought the park.

Lets see if I can give a different example you might be able to understand.

If you ran your own pie shop, and you baked 50 pies every day, but only sell 20 pies a day, does it make sense to continue to bake 50 pies a day? Answer that simple question for me.

Pie anyone? I have a $hitLoad of Pies laying around... ;)

• Like 1

Someone told me that for a just a few nickels, I could get a wristband entitling me to all the pie I can eat in one day at your facility. Meanwhile, up the road a bit, I can get free pie all day long but the other attractions are somewhat less in number, though at least one is higher in quality. Decisions, decisions. Is there a sign out front that says: "Eat here and get gas?"

Okay to set something straight as in puncuation do you mean as in my spelling cause if so i didnt know you weren't allowed to mispell something. Yeah and when i wrote my post about before someone was rude enough to catch my spelling and freak out about it i was in a hurry so i really couldn't check it so my bad for not spelling got right!

This whole thread has been somewhat amusing for me. :blink:

Also I would just like to add that if CF did not care about a parks history what do you think they are doing to KI.

If anything CF is bringing more history back to the park that anyone else probably ever could have, well besides the original owners.

CF definitely does care about a parks history, and they also tend to stick with some of it's traditions.

...especially if that tradition includes making money hand over fist.

Can't blame them for that! :)

On that note, I've noticed far more people in the park this year compared to last year. My kids always count the number of rides during our visits, and, due to lines, that number is down from 12-15 rides on a weeknight visit last year to the point that we feel fortunate to get 10 in this year. Today we were there from 2 until 8:30 and only got 17 rides in. The park has consistently been much more crowded this year.

...especially if that tradition includes making money hand over fist.

Can't blame them for that! :)

On that note, I've noticed far more people in the park this year compared to last year. My kids always count the number of rides during our visits, and, due to lines, that number is down from 12-15 rides on a weeknight visit last year to the point that we feel fortunate to get 10 in this year. Today we were there from 2 until 8:30 and only got 17 rides in. The park has consistently been much more crowded this year.

Yeah KI has been much more crowded this year, and I believe that one of the reasons is that CF made KI cut down on their hours by a bunch. Most people are only getting to work 4 days. When I was a supervisor there last year we worked almost every day for at least 8 hours, but this year they can only work 5 days.

I think that because of hours being cut that the lines are getting longer, cause there aren't as many associates.

• Like 1