Huge Sandusky Water Park Is Number 1 Rule Violator

This doesn't surprise me. I have been in all the water parks here in sandusky, and Kalahari lifeguards & staff seem to be the most immature & unfriendly. When we were there the lifeguards were fooling around with each other and not even watching the guests in the water. I have NEVER seen that at any other water park.

IMO, Kalahari hires all of the rejects that Cedar Point doesn't hire. CP will not hire a lifeguard if they have multiple body piercings or tattoos that can't be covered. On the other hand Kalahari is just the opposite, it's like a tattoo and piercing contest between all the lifeguards!

And what do I find most disturbing about the entire article? This statement:

...Carrie Leum, a spokeswoman for Kalahari, said any complaints about unsafe practices can be attributed to "disgruntled employees."....

If that is the best public relations they can do in this situation, they have severe problems. Of all the things to say, that one takes the cake. And she may even be speaking truth in a way she did NOT intend. Disgruntled employees DO lead to unsafe practices...which do get complained about.

^ I do agree that disgruntled employees can cause headaches for businesses, but that is not even the case for most of these violations. I also agree that Carrie Leum needs to have her head examined.

Disgruntled employees aside, it was the state that found the violations for: not enough staffing, excessive riders, finding a cashier posing as a lifeguard, and 2 life guards with invalid certifications. Those violations are not caused from "disgruntled employees" but from lack of management planning.

Sure, perhaps the "disgruntled employee" could have contacted the state, but even so, the waterpark still was in violation.

Instead of giving the business numerous fines, they should close it down for repeated violations.

I have to argree that the life guards that Khalari has are horrible. Half the time they arent watching what is going on. I saw one account of them being unsafe in the Flow Rider by tossing there boards up the wave and almost hitting a person waiting there turn. The life guards at this attraction I left were the worst of them all. Most of the time they were surfing on the flow rider for 10-15 minutes at a time while a huge line built up behind them. The hotel and waterpark are nice but the waterpark def. needs some better staffing.

This doesn't surprise me. I have been in all the water parks here in sandusky, and Kalahari lifeguards & staff seem to be the most immature & unfriendly to guest. When we were there the lifeguards were fooling around with each other and not even watching the guests in the water. I have NEVER seen that at any other water park.

IMO, Kalahari hires all of the rejects that Cedar Point doesn't hire. CP will not hire a lifeguard if they have multiple body piercings or tattoos that can't be covered. On the other hand Kalahari is just the opposite, it's like a tattoo and piercing contest between all the lifeguards!

Because tattoo's make someone unable to perform lifeguard duties.

It's funny, The Beach used to be known as hiring everyone that Kings Island would fire.

Because they can and haven't been challenged on it yet?

This is, after all, the same park that used same gender crews for many, many years, claiming that gender diverse crews encouraged flirtatious conduct and detracted from associate productivity. Then one day, the official complaint of discrimination arrived. . .

• 2 weeks later...