How old should you be to be allowed to a park without an adult?

Browntggrr

How old do you think kids should be allowed into the park without an adult?

Personally, my parents would let me and a friend go off by ourselves and then check-in every so often. But they would stay at the park themselves.

I'm talking about parents that drop their kids off at the park and then pick them up later.

Guest kwindshawne

Me too. Last year during a private event, these two I am guessing 11 year old girls were dropped off at the park-their parents left even though they could not be admitted. That is just plain crummy.

Another 2-3 year old child was left wandering to the gate,alone and hysterical, and when the mother arrived, she grabbed the child and took off. Come to find out, it was dad's turn to watch the kid, and he just left the child alone at the park when mom was late meeting him.

Sickening. I'm not sure how that turned out.

Guest kwindshawne

I'm sure the kid was accompanied coming in, but leaving is a different story....it amazes me people can just abandon their kids and not think anything of it.

Another 2-3 year old child was left wandering to the gate,alone and hysterical, and when the mother arrived, she grabbed the child and took off. Come to find out, it was dad's turn to watch the kid, and he just left the child alone at the park when mom was late meeting him.

Sickening. I'm not sure how that turned out.

Who it their right ******* mind would do that to a kid?

While I do agree that it depends on how mature a child is, people's opinion vary so much when it comes down to their own kid, setting an age limit would be easier for a park.

For instance, both of my daughters are playing soccer.

One mother on the opposing team was screaming at her kid: "COME ON JACKIE. YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT! THIS IS NOT YOUR FIRST YEAR! YOU CAN BEAT THAT KID"

Mind you, the age group is 7-8.

I say 13 as long as there is a way to communicate with the parent. But if they get out of line, the park should revoke their passes. I know that I was 13 when I first went without my parents and I never had a problem either.

Wow!! Listen to me, I just gave myself three more seasons with my kids, then I suppose I'll be going alone.

Honestly I don't think their should be a dead set rule. It should be up to the parents to decide if they are mature enough. My parents let me go with a friend or two starting at 13. They told me if they ever get a call or something like that I'm pretty much done doing that till I'm 18. :(

I would say 13 is good age for a park number.

People have brought up the maturity issue, making me think of the driving issue.

You can get your drivers license at age 16. I know a lot of parents that don't allow their kids to get them because they think they aren't mature enough for that responsibility.

Point is, the park can set an age, but it doesn't excuse the parents from parenting.

You know your kids better than anyone, and just because it may be legal, doesnt make it right.

I said 12 but that was from my experience. I've always been mature for my age so I guess I'm under the false impression that everyone else should be. But realistically, probably 13-14. Those 1-2 years really make a difference in maturity.

None of the choices for the vote are acceptable. Maybe 17 or 18.

What about those two kids recently in the news that were in a park and one of them is now headless; they entered a restricted area near a roller coaster?

Kids need parental supervision!

None of the choices for the vote are acceptable. Maybe 17 or 18.

What about those two kids recently in the news that were in a park and one of them is now headless; they entered a restricted area near a roller coaster?

Kids need parental supervision!

After the incident at SFOG, that's hard to argue with. But, some of us who are parents try to teach our children not to do things like that.... I would trust my kids (who are 8 and 9) to behave properly at the park without me right now. (I trust them more than the sick people in the world who would be intent on harming children, which is why I, obviously!!, stay with them). There is already the threat involving season passes and a pair of scissors hanging over their heads if they break the rules... We can only hope that we get through to our children and that they won't do things of that nature. But, like others have said, it depends on the child.......

I said 12 but that was from my experience. I've always been mature for my age so I guess I'm under the false impression that everyone else should be. But realistically, probably 13-14. Those 1-2 years really make a difference in maturity.

Truthfully, is anyone going to call themselves immature on these forums? ;)

But, some of us who are parents try to teach our children not to do things like that.... I would trust my kids (who are 8 and 9) to behave properly at the park without me right now. (I trust them more than the sick people in the world who would be intent on harming children, which is why I, obviously!!, stay with them). ...

It's things like this:

http://www.in-forum.com/ap/index.cfm?page=...mp;id=D91U4GRO2

that worry me about leaving kids alone in the park, too...Imagine if the father had NOT been there....Yes, this may be random, but perhaps it is not...

But, some of us who are parents try to teach our children not to do things like that.... I would trust my kids (who are 8 and 9) to behave properly at the park without me right now. (I trust them more than the sick people in the world who would be intent on harming children, which is why I, obviously!!, stay with them). ...

It's things like this:

http://www.in-forum.com/ap/index.cfm?page=...mp;id=D91U4GRO2

that worry me about leaving kids alone in the park, too...Imagine if the father had NOT been there....Yes, this may be random, but perhaps it is not...

Yep takes this story for an example. If the father had not been there. This woulda ended up horrible!! I say if your 16, got a car, can drive legaly then you can go to the park alone.