Dollywood 7/8, 7/9

corn4ahead

Well we got to pigeon forge on tuesday at about 1 i think...we went to Ober Gatlinburg and then decided to head over to Dollywood. They have a really cool thing where you can buy a ticket after three and return the next day for free. We rode thunderhead 3 times and mysterymine twice in the 2 hrs that we were there. We also ride timber tower once and tennesse tornado once too.

The next day we got up and went straight to the park(i live how it opens at 9 instead of 10). First thing we rode was TH. Then we went to MM. This was our first ride on MM in the front. Its a totally different ride in the front. Amazing. We then went to The Mountain Slidewinder. Thats a decent water ride. Next i think we went to TT again. As my friend was getting out if the car he drop his cell phone, it went through the tracks and landed on a catwalk. a mechanic went and got it for him. WOW that was hilarious.

I think we then went to the dreamland drivein show. It was boring and not very good. We then went to thunder road which was worse than ou FX Action theater. We went into dolly partons museum next. Wow, she has a lot of awards.

We stopped by and got some skillet potatoes and sweet tea and went to blazing fury. Its really lame until the splash down at the end.

We hit up MM once more for a total of 4 times for me, TH 7 more times for a total of 10 and Timber tower 2 more times for a total of 3.

Mystery Mine was a bit of a letdown. The beginning of the ride was totally lame. The end was insane though. I loved the verticall lifts and drops. And that last drop into the double inversion was just awesome. Like I said before, its much much better in the front. 8/10

Tenessee Tornado was the smoothest arrow looper i have ridden. Really fast and it pulls really great gs. A lot of the inversions though were misshapen it seemed. Weird? It was too short though. 8/10

Blazing Fury was really boring until the final 3 drops. Its nothing special. I guess it is a good dark ride though. The splashdown was cool though. 5/10

And finally my favorite ride at DW Thunderhead. WOW. This is one one of the best coasters i have ever been on. Its fast, it has quick turns and it has insane airtime. On every turn theres airtime. Every switch of direction theres airtime, and on every hill theres airtime. Another cool feature was the station flyby. Its really loud though.This now ranks as my top woodie. 11/10

Overall it was a great trip. Nice people and great atmosphere. We also got a steak dinner special in the park for 5.99. Good eatin there. I HIGHLY recommend taking a trip to Dollywood.

Questions? Comments?

Yep, if we all liked exactly the same things, the world would be a very boring place....

Amen to that.

For instance I Thought Thunderhead was wonderful to, but did not like Tennessee Tornado.

I also loved the Dreamland Drive in. It even kept my 5 year old interested for 45 of the 55 minutes.

The one thing I haven't seen in any trip report for Dollywood is the fact that the entire theme park exits through the gift shop!

One of the few things I do not like about that place is this...if you even attempt to leave at closing time, it can easily take 15 minutes to nearly fight your way out of that gift shop. I can only imagine the shrinkage losses each night at closing time. Sticky fingers no doubt acquire many things without benefit of cash registers at that time of the evening. I can't believe anyone actually thought that was a good idea.

I also can't imagine trying to get everyone out of that park quickly in the event of a dire emergency.