Father Beaten Trying To Protect Daughter At Valleyfair

Guest kwindshawne

I'm sick of it. I returned to work yesterday after that nice vacation, and as I was leaving the hospital, a gang banger came walking in our entrance with a bloody towel wrapped around his head, blood on his shirt, and his "brothers" with him. All I thought was..I came back for this?

One hospital here installed metal detectors-I wish mine had them-they looked like they meant business.

This "thug" culture that has taken over kids the past several years has got to stop. There is way too much violence in movies, music, tv, and video games. So many kids have grown up watching this that they think nothing of it to hurt another person. Violence is glorified in our society, and we all wonder why things like this happen. And to make matters worse, these guys will probably get off with a slap on the wrist.

Guest kwindshawne

I expect them to. One thing I have found is that I am a much happier person without tv. All I see on there is violence, drugs and springer trash-oh, and news-which is depressing in itself. I check in for 5 minutes once a week and that is all I need to know.

These kids are without genuine affection, and their wicked hearts wax worse and worse. Parents won't discipline their children for fear of some government agency intervening; there are hundreds of media outlets, all feeding this gangland, gangster culture. Decency is going fast, and respect for societal order is disappearing rapidly. The institutions of natural order are in disarray as everyone sets their own rules in the home, the church, and human government. To quote "The Drowning Pool" song "Bodies", "Something's got to give..." :mellow:

Guest kwindshawne
That's odd....my grandmother said much the same thing in 1958....and complained about this young man who was gyrating his pelvis in such a way the entire world was doomed to go to Hades in a handbasket....

She was right...look around.

Guest kwindshawne
I guess everything in this deteriorating world will be set right soon enough.

See you at 32° 34' 29" North, 35° 10' 32" East. ;)

Peace.

2012 right?

I guess everything in this deteriorating world will be set right soon enough.

See you at 32° 34' 29" North, 35° 10' 32" East. ;)

Peace.

2012 right?

Man that's a freaky prediction. Every time I watch a show about that I get nervous.

I would have expected this story to come out of New Jersey.

Still, what a senseless thing to do.

Why expect it from New Jersey? I go there often and find it to be as safe, if not safer, as most areas in the country.

I thought you would have picked up on my hidden reference to the SFGADV of old. Just a jab.

So what exactly happened here? I tried to check out the link but unfortunately it says that the article is no longer available.

This wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened at VF,anyone remember that woman who was beaten in the SV queue for supposedly ratting out a line jumper back in I believe 2003?

So what exactly happened here? I tried to check out the link but unfortunately it says that the article is no longer available.

This wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened at VF,anyone remember that woman who was beaten in the SV queue for supposedly ratting out a line jumper back in I believe 2003?

Both an answer to your question and an update, all in one:

http://www.startribune.com/local/south/254...iled:Homepage:8

and the kids of 2035 say to their parents... "mom, nobody wears clothes anymore..."

I really wish churches could influence the media to stop all of this crap. Even I agree all of this is stupid, and I'm 17.

I never even watch MTV.

there is hope...

vl2

I wouldn't say that. Then we're taking a few steps backward in the democracy department. It isn't the media, it's the idiots watching the media. I play GTA and don't go around and steal cars or kill hookers.

I will agree that all the "popular" television content in our generation is mindless drivel.

and the kids of 2035 say to their parents... "mom, nobody wears clothes anymore..."

I really wish churches could influence the media to stop all of this crap. Even I agree all of this is stupid, and I'm 17.

I never even watch MTV.

there is hope...

vl2

I wouldn't say that. Then we're taking a few steps backward in the democracy department. It isn't the media, it's the idiots watching the media. I play GTA and don't go around and steal cars or kill hookers.

I will agree that all the "popular" television content in our generation is mindless drivel.

There is good and bad.

In entertainment, culture, everything.

There is nothing new in what is or is not being said or done.

Yep, as I have previously stated, my beloved grandmother in 1958 spied a young man swinging his pelvis and singing and announced that the world was going to Hades in a handbasket!

Yes and it was not all that long ago that Tipper and Al Gore's cause of the moment was not saving the planet but in battling Twisted Sister with the Parent's Music Resource Center.

• 8 months later...
Yep, as I have previously stated, my beloved grandmother in 1958 spied a young man swinging his pelvis and singing and announced that the world was going to Hades in a handbasket!

Yes and it was not all that long ago that Tipper and Al Gore's cause of the moment was not saving the planet but in battling Twisted Sister with the Parent's Music Resource Center.

Twisted Sister FTW