Carowinds Trip 7/16/08

Cortney

I just got home not long ago from the exciting day at Carowinds. I went with my aunt and 2 cousins....we got there about 11:00 and left at closing which was 8!

Here's the highlights:

-Nighthawk (1.5 hour wait) THE LONGEST WAIT OF THE DAY! We hit the ride first remembering that the lines got worse at KI as the day went on, NOT TRUE HERE! It scared the living crap out of me! First off we got to be in the first row and then we got to the top and it slowed down and almost like stopped it seemed and the next thing I know we were looking at the water and I felt like I was going to fall out of the straps. THis ride has nothing you can put your hands on to hold on too! That bothered me!

-Vortex (rode it 4 tmes in 20 min) I love this ride! I love the stand up coasters, but hate that bicycle seat. The funny part was when my cousin and I rode together, we both had problems getting our seats to go down.

-Carolina Cyclone (rode in front...next one on after getting up there) Great ride! Rode once because I had a headache already and my head got banged around on that one.

-Afterburn (rode twice in a 10-15 minute period) Love it better than the Top Gun at Kings Island. We were going to buy the DVD of the ride, but they never had us on the screen so we backed out of that.

-Drop Zone (got in in less than 10 minutes) Sat next to 2 SCREAMING girls. And had a scarcastic ride operator, but loved it! Haven't been on the one at Carowinds in forever!

-Ricochet (5-10 min wait) I don't recall ever going on this ride! But had a good time...rode with 2 people going to Cedar Point next week.

We didn't go on Hurler or Thunder Road because of the heading pounding! I did go on Fairly Odd Coaster, loved that when it was Scooby Doo...rode some of the kiddy park rides with my little cousin. WE did go to the water park also...but after two slides, I got banged up on the last slide I went down and got hurt and I was done after that. But the crowds weren't that bad, minus the water park. ;)

Afterburn is by far one of the best inverted coasters I`ve been on! It ranks up there among the best steel coasters I`ve ridden! It is definitely a fun ride. And you can`t go wrong with the pacing of the ride, as there is no mid course block brake, so it is nonstop thrills from the lift to the end of the ride!

Did you get to ride the very fun and interactive Flying Super Saturator?

I haven`t visited Carowinds since 2003, and that was before they installed Nighthawk.

Did you get to ride the very fun and interactive Flying Super Saturator?

I hope Cortney did, because apparently Geauga Lake's boomerang (Head Spin) is going in its place for the 2009 season...

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2008/07/...winds-2009.html

As for me, I've never been to Carowinds, but I have done Hersheypark's Roller Soaker.

I took plenty of pictures, I still have to download them. :)

There was some construction work going on over by Nighthawk, but that was the only thing I saw. Super Saturator's line was crazily long and it looked like they had 2 maybe 3 trains going. I went on that the year it opened and that has been it. But that rumor was being talked about there yesterday about it being torn down.

My only complaint for the day was that Nighthawk only had one train going at the what seemed like "peak" of when people were going on it...when the park opened. Toward the end of the day there were 2 going and no line.

The beauty of going yesterday, everyone was at the water park and so the lines for the rides weren't there even after the water park closed. :)