ride names

coasterfreak1206

Not really at all.

"Flight Deck" worst name ever

"Drop Tower" more of a model name than a name

"Invertigo" it IS a model name of the Vekoma inverted Boomerang model. IT would be like if GM called my car the "Cheverolet J-car" instead of a Cavalier

Well I guess some aren't bad

"back lot stunt track" very good quick fix, and I don't mind it at all

"The Crypt" well they need to improve the theming but the name is fine

Not really at all.

"Flight Deck" worst name ever

"Invertigo" it IS a model name of the Vekoma inverted Boomerang model. IT would be like if GM called my car the "Cheverolet J-car" instead of a Cavalier

Well I guess some aren't bad

"back lot stunt track" very good quick fix, and I don't mind it at all

"The Crypt" well they need to improve the theming but the name is fine

Then you come up with names that isnt copywritten.I think their fine,the rides really didnt change except for the Crypt.

Well, they could have renamed Drop Tower to be in line with the names of the drop rides at the legacy Cedar Fair parks. Power Tower at Cedar Point is a far better name, in my opinion, then the plain "Drop Tower".

Well Power Towers different.Drop Tower Drops down,doesnt power tower drop down then bounce back up?

Very different rides have the same name in many chains.

Look at all the Superman rides...and how different they are.

Look at Vortex in the old Paramount Parks.

Look at what was Top Gun in the old Paramount Parks.

Look at Dominator at Cedar Fair.

Power Tower offers a choice of two different riding experiences. You can be thrust up...or thrust down....

Very different rides have the same name in many chains.

Look at all the Superman rides...and how different they are.

Look at Vortex in the old Paramount Parks.

Look at Dominator at Cedar Fair.

Power Tower offers a choice of two different riding experiences. You can be thrust up...or thrust down....

Very true.I guess im just gonna shut up now.

Well since I'm talking about "not caring" I gotta speak up in this thread, lol. Yeah I don't like the new ride names, but honestly I don't give a darn either. Cedar Fair had to remove the licensed ride names, and they did it. yeah I think they could be better, but once again your not going to see me lobbying to change the names either! In the end, the names don't affect the rides what-so-ever.

And as for my last post, I was giving my opinion, and yeah thats my opinion they suck, but I really don't care either. the more I Think of it "top gun" is crappy name for a ride too! Lol

Somehow I suspect Cedar Point is a special place for Cedar Fair, and ride names used there are not apt to be duplicated at other Cedar Fair parks.....at least not by current management.

I know that Power Tower is used at another Cedar Fair Park, Valley Fair.

But you did say current management, maybe that was before this reign.

Edit: Sentence changed to make sense. Sorry, no caffeine yet!

I don't hate the new names but I am sure that they could have been more creative. Flight Deck just doesn't fit the ride. Backlot Stunt Coaster is alright but, sounds cool but could be better. Invertigo is fine for me though, i don't have a problem with it as much as Flight Deck. I don't like Fairly Odd Coaster because it took the coaster out of the family.

....I don't like Fairly Odd Coaster because it took the coaster out of the family.

You do realize it was Paramount, and not Cedar Fair, that renamed Beastie (itself originally Scooby Doo)...right?

I guess not. :D Either way I don't like the new name.

I would compare the new ride names to my sister getting married.... Sure she has a new last name, but she's still my sister and the same person. Just like they're still the same rides....

And yet, over time, your sister will change because she is married. Just as a ride area will change depending on its theming, more so than name. In the case of Nick Universe, I suspect the theming contributes a lot more to the ride experiences than most realize.

And I am in the minority when I say that I actually like the name Flight Deck.

We're both in the minority then, because I don't see anything wrong with the name Flight Deck. In fact it would be difficult to find a more fitting name, considering that the boarding platform is supposed to be the flight deck of an aircraft carrier... :)

(at least they didn't go overly generic like Drop Tower... how would people like it if Top Gun had been renamed to "Roller Coaster" :lol: )

I would compare the new ride names to my sister getting married.... Sure she has a new last name, but she's still my sister and the same person. Just like they're still the same rides....

And yet, over time, your sister will change because she is married. Just as a ride area will change depending on its theming, more so than name. In the case of Nick Universe, I suspect the theming contributes a lot more to the ride experiences than most realize.

Yep, it's funny how, over time, parks reflect life... But in the end, the love is still there in both situations.

Since its installation at Paramount's (now California's) Great America, their Invertigo has always had that name. Not a bad name, IMO, and not bad repetition either. Drop Tower I agree is too generic and general... even "Power Tower" would have been a bit generic. Gyro Drop would've been better.

Tomb Raider/The Crypt Tomb Raider was perfectly themed, and The Crypt's ride chamber isn't at all

Backlot Stunt Coaster I mean seriously people, that's a terrible name

Drop Tower I think they could've been a bit more creative

Flight Deck Still pretty bad

Invertigo Not bad, i just don't think anyone will stop calling it Face/Off anytime soon

Looks like all the PKI names win