I think I figured out the new coaster name!

Young Gunz

I haven't seen the signs yet firsthand....Going down wed-thurs next week.

This keeps popping into my head though.

Everybody refers to sign about "Run For the Hills"

I hate to seem picky, but does it say maybe "Run TO the hills"?

That was a song by Iron Maiden. It was about fighting between cowboys and indians.

Didn't there used to be cowboys and indians fighting on the old train ride?

Those 2 things could be somehow linked.

That was a song by Iron Maiden. It was about fighting between cowboys and indians.

no it says "run for the hills"

no it says "run for the hills"

hmm......OK....well, scratch that thought then LOL

I really like Diamondback, personaly.

I'm not crazy about the name, but it makes sense to me. All the clues point to a snake theme. Diamondback is also a play on the phrase, "camel back", which would explain the "Run for the Hills" teaser. And "Ride Sally Ride" would imply a long tour on a motorcycle, but it could also be as if cheering "Sally" to hold on tightly, as in bucking bronco. But in this case, Sally is riding a bucking back of a giant monster snake.

.....and no, I didn't smoke anything before coming-up with this theory! :rolleyes:

i think it might be a new ''sector'' a western town or more than what thay have of 1

my clues

A. all the signs

B. Cedar Fair is HUGE on the hole wild west thing

C. it fits with the "river town" thing

The invitations to the event, as well as the blueprints posted to the Dayton paper identify the project as "Rivertown 2009 Project."

And, as has been said here many times, Rivetown is a turn of the century depection of life along the Ohio River. The question is, do the people in CF Planning and Design know that?

Right now Rivertown is truly the spot in the park that has no idea what its identity is. You have TR:TR errr The Crypt, Wings and the the Wild Thornberry adventure. All either in Rivertown or on the outskirts. Rivertown needs an identity and either this new ride will clarify or just murky the water even more. Even though money is tight, Rivertown needs some attention so that everything fits the theme.

Right now Rivertown is truly the spot in the park that has no idea what its identity is.

I think it's ONE of the spots in the park that has no idea what it's identity is.

-Octoberfest has an Adventure Themed coaster, a Cajun themed restaraunt, a Festhaus, and a Viking Ship (Vikings weren't German.)

-Action Zone has a Congo themed water attraction smack dab in the middle of a "Thrill" type themed area.

-Coney Mall has *essentially* held true to it's Old Coney theme... however lost a ton of it's charm when a ride with cargo carrier theming was added.

-Even International Street has completely lost it's "International" theme with the addition of Starbucks, Nick Shops, Graeters etc.

Overall the theming was sacrificed beginning in the late '80s. I have high hopes that this new coaster will bring the Rivertown theming back home.

Shaggy

Right now Rivertown is truly the spot in the park that has no idea what its identity is.

I think it's ONE of the spots in the park that has no idea what it's identity is.

-Octoberfest has an Adventure Themed coaster, a Cajun themed restaraunt, a Festhaus, and a Viking Ship (Vikings weren't German.)

-Action Zone has a Congo themed water attraction smack dab in the middle of a "Thrill" type themed area.

-Coney Mall has *essentially* held true to it's Old Coney theme... however lost a ton of it's charm when a ride with cargo carrier theming was added.

-Even International Street has completely lost it's "International" theme with the addition of Starbucks, Nick Shops, Graeters etc.

Overall the theming was sacrificed beginning in the late '80s. I have high hopes that this new coaster will bring the Rivertown theming back home.

Shaggy

Excellent post Shaggy. If the Park Map is going to continue to reflect these named areas, then the Rides need to be themed/renamed to match them.