Music at the Waterpark

mplebanon

If I have to listen to that repeated track of music over and over, I will not be going back to the waterpark anytime soon. Ridiculous. I think I could almost name every song because I heard them all like 3 times.

Michelle Branch/Santana (not sure of song)

Summer of '69

Hot Fun in the Summertime

The Girls on the Beach

The Heat is On

Boys of Summer

and I could go on and on and on...........

Play some different music......PLEASE!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL we where at the park today too and only stayed in the water park area. I heard that same sound track probably 10 + times, we even discussed that fact at the park and while we were driving home. When we got into the car wife grabbed iced cold sodas I immediately turned the radio and said “YES finally a song I have not heard 10 times today!!!!!!!!”

Mplebanon – I can relate to what you are saying about not returning to the Water park because of the music, that thought crossed my mind too. I will say we spend a lot of time in the water park and I think while the dry side is getting better in a lot of areas, the water park is getting equally worse. I truly feel this way from a lot of visits and many personal negative experiences there this year.

If I am not mistaken, they have a different "set" of music on some days. There is a mix of Jimmy Buffett and the Beach Boys with a few other random songs thrown in. I don't know if there is a certain rotation they go in, because I have heard the songlist you mentioned on a few occasions. I feel bad for the people who go to BB on a regular basis to swim, because one afternoon of hearing the same 7-8 songs over and over is enough to make me go crazy!

Sorry to hear that House I would not wish that short looping sound track on anybody, don’t get me wrong I like the songs but to hear it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and…………..

Well what really drives me crazy is the Bengals music hearing that song when they score a touchdown I don't wanna work I just wanna bang on the drum geez its gotta go! :angry:

I never got why they play that song for TD's (um, they're playing football, not going to work and they're not drummers?) but I like the song because it means they've just scored a TD, and that's a good thing!

Working at Meijer last summer, I'd hear a sampling of some great classic rock songs at random, but in the mix were the same contemporary soft rock songs that appeal to people who wear Mom Jeans™... especially when they rarely shop the store at hours when I was working (11p - 7am).

Oooohhh, I never even thought about that... Man do I ever feel sorry for you!

Start feeling sorry for me, I work train and sit next to a speaker in Boomerang Bay. But it's the cake job in the park as all we have to do is talk to people and open gates!

If I have to listen to that repeated track of music over and over, I will not be going back to the waterpark anytime soon. Ridiculous. I think I could almost name every song because I heard them all like 3 times.

Michelle Branch/Santana (not sure of song)

Summer of '69

Hot Fun in the Summertime

The Girls on the Beach

The Heat is On

Boys of Summer

and I could go on and on and on...........

Play some different music......PLEASE!

WOW!!!! It's a good thing 90% of everyone else living in the world has such problems! Sheesh... :wacko:

There are three songs that I have downloaded on my mobile phone and one of them is Hot Fun in the Summertime, it is sung by The Original Family Stone.

0_0_b027607501c0a45c03061c4ee1527ce1_1.j

I have always liked that song and when I knew they would be playing live at Epcot while we where down there last September/October I not only had to see them but I had to get front row seats.

0_0_40916b7ab29e889d7eca3bcabb85c099_1.j

But also while we were there and at Typhoon Lagoon Water Park my daughter would hear many songs played by the Beach Boys and she said at the time that they where her new favorite band (oh vacations). Since The Beach Boys were playing during our stay at EPCOT too, we had to see them.

0_0_d055162d58b36ba424558310f0b60d4a_1.j

You can see in the photo below she was thrilled

0_0_177362a1baa67e29e7ef57467a904413_1.j

We love water parks a lot in fact we often spend as much time in them as we do in the theme/amusement parks and while at Walt Disney World last Fall for fifteen days five of them where at the Water Parks.

Why did I tell you this; because as much as I like the two groups songs, plus the sentimental value to them and our love for water parks the short Sound Track at Boomerang Bay caused us to go away being sick of the songs from hearing them so many times in one day. I will love hearing them again but I need some time before then.

I agree. It wouldn't hurt KI to add a few more songs or completely replace the soundtrack every week or two.

But then again, I never stay in the water park for more than the half-hour that gold pass holders are allowed in early anyway so it doesn't really get on my nerves that much. I just hope that I can hear some of the Beach Boys and Bryan Adams tunes :)

Does anyone know the song they play at Boomerang Bay, it almost sounds like the Beach Boys and they make like a weird noise at one part of the song when they're singing.....i probably sound like an idiot lol :lol:

The Beach Boys making a weird noise? That IS singing.

Terpy, never a fan....that was his parents' music, or so he'd like to think...

I was at Boomerang Bay all day yesterday, and we too had the music discussion! It's super annoying! Why not play some Aussie Music to fit some of the Aussie themeing?!?!?! Or do they just like to save that for the train ride?! LOL!

Let's not forget "Soak up the sun" by Sheryl Crow...

Does anyone know the song they play at Boomerang Bay, it almost sounds like the Beach Boys and they make like a weird noise at one part of the song when they're singing.....i probably sound like an idiot lol :lol:

The Beach Boys making a weird noise? That IS singing.

Terpy, never a fan....that was his parents' music, or so he'd like to think...

I agree.