Music at the Waterpark

mplebanon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the song they play at Boomerang Bay, it almost sounds like the Beach Boys and they make like a weird noise at one part of the song when they're singing.....i probably sound like an idiot lol :lol:

The Beach Boys making a weird noise? That IS singing.

Terpy, never a fan....that was his parents' music, or so he'd like to think...

lol it wasn't the Beach Boys that isn't what i meant hahaha, i'll try and describe the sound as best as possible

bow-bow bit da da....ba bow-bow bit da da

that goes on for like 5 minutes in the song, its someone making the noise in the song, while the actual singer is singing.

lol :lol:

Does anyone know the song they play at Boomerang Bay, it almost sounds like the Beach Boys and they make like a weird noise at one part of the song when they're singing.....i probably sound like an idiot lol :lol:

lol it wasn't the Beach Boys that isn't what i meant hahaha, i'll try and describe the sound as best as possible

that goes on for like 5 minutes in the song, its someone making the noise in the song, while the actual singer is singing.

LOL!!!! I can't believe we are going to these lengths to figure out this song. I am seriously cracking up right now...bow bow bit da da!

Hahahahaha!

~Ash

lol :lol:

The only song i could think of is Surfin by the Beach Boys

THATS IT!!!!! I guess it was the Beach Boys! It was driving me insane!

Oh yeah, Bavarian Beatle, this topic does sound like the youtube video (don't worry i can take a joke)! :lol: haha, at least some one finally figured out what it was! Thanks derek!

I was at the water park a few weeks ago. Same songs all day. I asked one of the venders there who were selling dippin' dots about the music and he got sick of it by the end of the day. He said all day heck.. the music has never been changed it's like that every day. I asked him how he coud actually take it, and he said, "hey it's a job!".

Change the music KI for the sanity of all employees and guests!

Dont like the music...stick an IPOD in your ear lol!

I vividly remember the last time I did this. I was laying in one of the chairs by the wave pool listening to Hotel California by The Eagles and I fell asleep. I woke up two hours later (My brother had seen fit to let me sleep and leave the water park for the main park) burnt so severely I could hardly stand to move.

As a BBLG, I get to hear the soundtrack for 8 hours a day, 6-7 days a week. Woohoo.

It's really not too bad, I've learned the words to almost all the songs, even the ones I didn't know before the new soundtrack. It's the same soundtrack every day, and it is on an almost exactly 1.5 hour loop. So there's no way you could hear the same song more than 4-5 times a day. Since I don't have a watch I can sometimes keep track of the time by noting what time a particular song is played.

There's at least 20-30 tracks on the soundtrack, so I doubt you could name them all, haha. I still couldn't off the top of my head after hearing them nearly every day all summer.

At this point I have heard them so much that when one song ends I hear the beginning of the next song in my head without thinking about it. Sometimes I'll start singing the next song without realizing it and freak a guest or two out.

What can I name off the top of my head?

Summer of '69, Game of Love, Boys of Summer, Ventura Highway, Surfing USA, Barbara Ann, Summer Lovin' (From Grease), Summertime (Will Smith), In the Summertime (Mungo Jerry), Wipeout, Beautiful Morning, Walkin' On Sunshine, Girls on the Beach, Summer in the City, Summertime Blues, Beach Baby, Do You Wanna Dance, Thunder Island, Captain of the Heart, Soak up the Sun.

I miss Jacques Cousteau from years past. From sea to shining sea, he'll check 'em out for you and me.

I think if you count by your measure of an hour and a half loop on our last visit we were in BB from 10:30 to 6:45 and that means we would have been hearing the track for the seventh time. I glad some employees have gotten used to it, but as an guest it was getting very annoying and from other posts here it looks like other guests where annoyed too. But just as long as the employees are happy that’s OK.

It seems like whenever I am in the waterpark, It's a Beautiful Morning, is playing! I thought that was a decent song to listen to until I have heard it like 200 times over the course of the summer. I was heading down to BB the other day and when one of the BB songs started playing in my car I about put my fist through my center console trying to change the station! LOL!

I think if you count by your measure of an hour and a half loop on our last visit we were in BB from 10:30 to 6:45 and that means we would have been hearing the track for the seventh time. I glad some employees have gotten used to it, but as an guest it was getting very annoying and from other posts here it looks like other guests where annoyed too. But just as long as the employees are happy that's OK.

Yep. And when the waterpark closes for the final time, the employees can look around at each other and say "At least WE were happy. What happened here, anyway?"

Just because employees are satisfied with something doesn't mean the paying public, who has other choices, has to be. After all, they may well answer the stupid marketing question: "Kings Island, where else?" Perhaps somewhere with more musical selections in the waterpark. Like, maybe, the Beach? Or GWL?

See, there are other choices now...and the "where else" attitude doesn't cut it anymore. People CAN choose to spend their nickels elsewhere, and Cedar Fair had best start hearing the music. It's getting louder...

They play music in the water park?!?!?!?!? :huh::lol: Now What I do is focus on the fun not the music I have to listen to music (that I hate at work) but I drown it out with whatever I was focusing on. (Unless I like the song) But I think if you don’t focus on the music and focus on fun you will hear less of the annoying music. Its funny how the mind works isn’t it!

Haha, wow, didn't know there was such a strong backlash against the music, haha. It was off for an hour or so this morning and there were indeed many groans among the guards when it came back on.

If you don't like it, you can definitely say something to guest relations next time you're there. Most of the time though, the only comments I get about the music are positive, "I love this song! Sweet soundtrack!" types.

And, yeah, I dunno, I feel like if we can deal with it every day of the summer it can't be tooo bad for you a few times a month (or week or however often you come.) Most people seem to like it.

And, about the employees being happy... one problem I think you'll find in the waterpark is that the way the guards have been treated lately has led to some unhappy employees, who in turn lead to unhappy guests. I know that I do the best I can to make sure that everyone in the waterpark has fun, sorry if you don't feel the same way.

How cool would it be if KI Signed a deal with a real Radio Station like Q102 Kiss 107 exc to play there radio stations all over the park it would do a great deal on both sides the radio stations can get more listeners and please ki guests so that they don't get annoyed with the same songs and might make them want to stay longer.

a. The copyright law would make a such a deal very, very, very expensive.

b. Would Cedar Fair really want advertisements for The Beach, Great Wolf Lodge, the zoo, etc., playing for their customers?

c. Some customers would find at least some of the music played offensive to their tender ears and sensibilities, and would vote both with their voices at guest services and by not bringing themselves and their nickels back to the park in the future.

d. It would make promotions with other media outlets far more difficult.

How cool would it be if KI Signed a deal with a real Radio Station like Q102 Kiss 107 exc to play there radio stations all over the park it would do a great deal on both sides the radio stations can get more listeners and please ki guests so that they don't get annoyed with the same songs and might make them want to stay longer.

Yeah, right. My bus driver listened to Q102, and literally every morning at the same time we'd hear the same EXACT set of songs, with maybe a few mix-up here and there. Q102 is worse than the soundtrack BB plays now! I'd much rather be listening to that stuff than Miley Cyrus, Leona Lewis, and Timberland all day, wouldn't you? :blink: