Music at the Waterpark

mplebanon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OKAY, i was at boomerang bay a few weeks ago, and i can remember all the same music cycling over and over.

i was about to go mad so i had to leave,

why dont they just play a radio station or something?

Because playing a radio station in such a public setting requires the payment of royalties that Cedar Fair doesn't want to pay, not to mention the distinct possibility of ad after ad playing boosting some competitor, like, say, The Beach. And the possibility that some jock or jockette will make controversial remarks the park doesn't want to be associated with, run a weather forecast for a storm (and cause guests who might have spent nickels to go home when the day may stay bright and sunny), or run news that makes them want to go home and find out more.

Yeah, the better question is what park in their right mind would want to play a terresterial radio station? I am stunned, though, that no park chain has yet entered into an agreement with Sirius XM Radio, Inc, that I know of, where all these problems could be avoided.

Guest kwindshawne
OKAY, i was at boomerang bay a few weeks ago, and i can remember all the same music cycling over and over.

i was about to go mad so i had to leave,

why dont they just play a radio station or something?

Because playing a radio station in such a public setting requires the payment of royalties that Cedar Fair doesn't want to pay, not to mention the distinct possibility of ad after ad playing boosting some competitor, like, say, The Beach. And the possibility that some jock or jockette will make controversial remarks the park doesn't want to be associated with, run a weather forecast for a storm (and cause guests who might have spent nickels to go home when the day may stay bright and sunny), or run news that makes them want to go home and find out more.

Yeah, the better question is what park in their right mind would want to play a terresterial radio station? I am stunned, though, that no park chain has yet entered into an agreement with Sirius XM Radio, Inc, that I know of, where all these problems could be avoided.

I was in BB for about 6 hours last saturday, and thought I would lose my mind-really, I don't know how they do it!! I was delighted, however, with the sirius radio on the plane to alaska-6 hours of led zeppelin....yeah!!!