Would you take this offer if you could.....

Steve

If admission price was $200 for one day's admission, but you could ride all defunct attractions again as much as you wanted for that one day... Would you pay the price? It would also include visiting old stores and eating at old resaurants.

The thought came to mind and I personally would take the offer for a day. Save up and relieve those memories... Would you?

I definitely would! Just think....we'd get to ride the Eagles, The Bat!,King Cobra,KCKC,Flight Commander,Les Taxis,Zodiac,the sky ride,the animal safari.....that would be totally worth the price! Think we can get them to arrange this any time soon? ;)

~Ash

I think it would be fun to write out trip reports of what we would each do if you say yes.

I would head straight to skyride to view the park in sceenic splendor. I'd ride King Cobra then (which I sadly never did experience as I was scared for a long time). I'd then stroll into rivertown and would view those beast pawprints and see the line outside the entrance! As I stand outside waiting for The Beast(completely untamed and the kingpin attraction it was) I would look in awe at the lift hill of KCKC, standing proud above the Wild thornberrys crap as the center of rivertown. After a wild ride on the legendary beast (no trim brakes thank you) I would ride KCKC 10 times because(as shown by my avatar) I miss it so much. :) Then I'd ride wheel of fortune which I never got to see. Ride the Ohio Overland Auto Livery to coney to ride the crazy Zodiac. Enchanted Voyage would be next which I never got to see. Enjoying the gourmet food they used to have.. ahh.

What would you do?

It would be worth just to ride the legendary bat IMO. From my understanding, it was the most intense of all the suspended coasters. However, like Son of Beast, it just wasn't meant to be done, so Arrow Dynamics had to tone it down to make the suspended successful. The Bat being the first of its kind, and the kind of maintenance problems it had, has almost become a part of pop culture. It was broke down so much that people who've acctually got to ride the thing are almost considered legends!

If admission price was $200 for one day's admission, but you could ride all defunct attractions again as much as you wanted for that one day... Would you pay the price? It would also include visiting old stores and eating at old resaurants.

The thought came to mind and I personally would take the offer for a day. Save up and relieve those memories... Would you?

Without doubt. I had never set food in KI prior to Opening Day 2008. It'd be cool to ride all the rides I missed out on

I agree, too. I'd much rather pay to visit Riverview Park in Chicago in the 1920's, ride the Rye Beach Aeroplane, the Wildcat at Coney Island in Cincinnati, the Cedar Point Cyclone, the Detroit Bobs at Electric Park, even the early days of Rattler at Fiesta Texas or Texas Cyclone at Astroworld, etc. But then, those experiences would be, for me, the equivalent of many of you going back to early Kings Island...

Put another way, I'd pay gladly to experience these things I never did, couldn't, and will never get to. That's one reason I was so disappointed in things like the Raging Wolf Bobs at Geauga Lake, which, as it was being built, was being trumpeted as a re-creation of the Riverview Bobs, and turned out to be nothing of the kind. That thing was the probably the only thing that almost deserved its fate in the recent closure at Geauga Lake. Not quite, but almost.

I have a very similar mind set as Interp. Memories are memories, but I would take my $200 and visit Crystal Beach to ride Harry Travers Crystal Beach Cyclone. I personaly think one of the most insane looking layouts ever created. I would also like to experience Cedar Point when the Breakers orginally opened, how neat would that be?

I have a very similar mind set as Interp. Memories are memories, but I would take my $200 and visit Crystal Beach to ride Harry Travers Crystal Beach Cyclone. I personaly think one of the most insane looking layouts ever created. I would also like to experience Cedar Point when the Breakers orginally opened, how neat would that be?

Kinda Like Christopher Reeve's "Somewhere in Time."

Somewhere In Time

I wouldn't want to disturb the memories either.

What I do wish though, was that as a child, my family was

strong enough monetarily to afford a video camera.

I think of all the cool things we rode, and saw, at all 3 major Ohio parks.

I think it would be GREAT, if I could see them again on the screen.

things seem so much bigger and grand when you're a kid. If you went back as an adult, I think you'd be a little disappointed.

I am on and off with this'

200 dollars for defunct rides - yes, I'd kill to get on those Eagles again.

And No because of what was previously said earlier about memories.

As for the Eagles, get thee to Carowinds! :)

Although, it will probably cast a lot more than 200 bucks to get down there and back on gas!!!! LOL

I am on and off with this'

200 dollars for defunct rides - yes, I'd kill to get on those Eagles again.

And No because of what was previously said earlier about memories.

As for the Eagles, get thee to Carowinds! :)

Although, it will probably cast a lot more than 200 bucks to get down there and back on gas!!!! LOL

Don't be too sure. If you plan properly, you would be surprized how you can save money. I took two kids to CP for three days this year for around $600, including gas, hotel (3 nights), food, drinks, souveniers, a trip to Sandusky Speedway, everything. (But not including the portion of the cost of the platinum passes that we used).