Most Insane Ride Ever!

Another topic got me thinking about the different coasters and rides that have come and gone in the amusement industry over the years and how some have been completely insane.

The idea of this topic is to post what you think is the most completely insane ride you have either seen, been on, or heard about. Post a picture with it if you can...

The Crystal Beach Cyclone designed by Harry Traver holds a place in my heart. I think it is a work of art, demented and twisted, but a work of art. The track and structure are just an amazing thing to behold, very little straight track and the ride was over in roughly 45 seconds. The design elements of the Cyclone have been translated to some of todays new generation Woodies, just in a much safer way.

Enjoy the pics,

crystalbch_cyclone.jpg

cb_cyclone7.jpg

CycloneOverview_Small.jpg

Any wonder why there was a nurse on station at the exit of the ride? Rumor has she was part of the marketing for the ride.

Lets see your choices now.

Guest rcfreak339

Ah yes The Crystal Beach Cyclone probably one of the worst coasters ever designed but yet it really is a step to todays modern coasters. Most people that rode it once never rode it again and was torn down only 2 years in it's operation. There is a coaster in NoLomits thats a really good recreation.

cbcgf3.th.jpg

Ah yes The Crystal Beach Cyclone probably one of the worst coasters ever designed but yet it really is a step to todays modern coasters. Most people that rode it once never rode it again and was torn down only 2 years in it's operation. There is a coaster in NoLomits thats a really good recreation.

cbcgf3.th.jpg

No idea where you got your facts from, but you might want to check them. The Cyclone was in opperaton from 1927 to 1946, almost 20 years. It also gave over 5 million rides and on opening day drew an estimated 75,000 to the park... Failure??? I think not. Actually some of the steel and wood from the Cyclone still exist as part of the Comet at Great Escpae.

Check your facts...

Guest rcfreak339

cbcgf3.th.jpg

No idea where you got your facts from, but you might want to check them. The Cyclone was in opperaton from 1927 to 1946, almost 20 years. It also gave over 5 million rides and on opening day drew an estimated 75,000 to the park... Failure??? I think not. Actually some of the steel and wood from the Cyclone still exist as part of the Comet at Great Escpae.

Check your facts...

sorry about the facts but the nurse was at the station for when people fainted (wich happened often due to the extreme g's) but in my eyes it was a failure there where several events where a person died. I know these facts are right because I just read it in a book.

Guest rcfreak339

Yes when I went to Vegas in 2007 I stayed at the Stratosphere Hotel and and after eating dinner at the Top of the World resturaunt at the top I decided to go and check out the ride. I frst rode X-Scream it was amazing it felt like you where going to just fall over the edge! We then walked over to Intensity, the ride was awsome you swinging right over the Vegas strip and what a great view! After we did Space Shot just your average Shot ride over 1000 feet in the air! But in 2002 we went to vegas and I got to ride High roller!

cbcgf3.th.jpg

Check your facts...

sorry about the facts but the nurse was at the station for when people fainted (wich happened often due to the extreme g's) but in my eyes it was a failure there where several events where a person died. I know these facts are right because I just read it in a book.

Once again check your facts. On the Triplets of terro there were on 2 deaths, one was on the Crystal Beach Cyclone in 1938 because of a failed lap bar restraint. Honestly I dont think you can call the ride a failure because of one death. Not to mention it opperated for 20 years giving 5 million rides.

Guest rcfreak339

cbcgf3.th.jpg

Check your facts...

Once again check your facts. On the Triplets of terro there were on 2 deaths, one was on the Crystal Beach Cyclone in 1938 because of a failed lap bar restraint. Honestly I dont think you can call the ride a failure because of one death. Not to mention it opperated for 20 years giving 5 million rides.

The infamous triplets where all failers...Harry Traver in my opinion used riders as lab rats on his coasters, I think he made a lot better flat rides then roller coasters. He made such creations as the Tumble Bug and The Circle Swing.

Wow seriously think you have an issue with Harry Traver. My opinion; he was an inovater, just not able to engineer the rides to last without the help of cad. Look at many of todays new generation woodies and they have very similar elements and design styles to Travers creations and with the assistance of cad are more reliable and not as streneous on the ridders.

Guest rcfreak339
Wow seriously think you have an issue with Harry Traver. My opinion; he was an inovater, just not able to engineer the rides to last without the help of cad. Look at many of todays new generation woodies and they have very similar elements and design styles to Travers creations and with the assistance of cad are more reliable and not as streneous on the ridders.

No, Harry Traver was a great ride inventor just no in the Roller Coaster industry.