Cedar Fair Launches Corporate Partnership Program

No...it means anything and everything will have a sponsor, like at Six Flags. The sponsors pay money to be featured. Kings Island (and Taft) did this on a light basis with things like The Official Car of Kings Island (Chevrolet), The Official Bread of Kings Island (Rainbo), etc....

Oh, Paramount Parks used to do that at Carowinds. Thunder Road used to be sponsored by AT&T, Rapids by Kodak, and WhiteWater Falls by John Deere.

The last few years that the Antique Cars were around, they were sponsored by the now defunct John Nolan Ford. And the last few years under Paramount, the Paramount Theater was sponsored by Toyota.

Corporate sponsorships could be good business from Cedar Fair`s point of view as they could potentially receive money from these corporate sponsorship deals, which could help add to their balance sheet.

I'm guessing that this eventually means that all parks, including the former Paramount ones, will serve the same soft drink brand. And if I had to guess, it'll be Pepsi. The PP contract with Coca-Cola must be running out in the near future.

One thing I hope doesn't change is local foods that only Kings Island does, like Graeter's, LaRosa's, and Skyline. Six Flags has their deal with Papa John's, which IMO isn't great pizza, but is decent.

I've always wondered about that. My question has always been, "Why is the park paying to use the Nick names when they could be selling the advertising space on the rides and theming?" Thereby allowing the sponsors to market their preoduct and services to thousands of park visitors every season.... The sponsors could have people offering advertising materials, free samples, coupons, stickers, t-shirts etc. The park could make money doing that, IMO.....