KICentral.com Announces The Second Coming & Mystery Construction

This is not a mirage this is real, this is here, this is now… back by popular demand it’s KICentral.com: The Second Coming!

Last year’s event caused an overwhelming response by KICentral members and we are proud to bring you the opportunity to experience the park in a way that very few people have!

This incredible day will be held on Saturday, August 16th, 2008 and will host some very special activities including:

• One Hour ERT on Invertigo – Wake up with a shakeup as Kings Island and KICentral.com invite you to start the morning the way it should be started… not with a fresh cup of coffee, but sitting across from your friends as they scream in terror while flying through three inversions in two directions at speeds reaching 55mph!
  • Scavenger Hunt – So you’re a Kings Island expert? Prove it! KICentral scavenger hunt is back and better than ever! The clues could lead you anywhere in the park… if you can figure out the answers. Compete against some of the best Kings Island experts to win some awesome prizes!
  • Q&A With the Members of the Cast of Flashback: Totally 80s! -- Taking us back to the day when leg warmers were all the rage, Deloreans could take you back in time and mullets were still socially acceptable, Flashback: Totally 80s is a celebration of everything 80s! Watch the show and meet the cast. They’ll be on hand to answer your questions… who knows? You may be able to one day say that you asked the next Carmen Electra what their favorite ride was at Kings Island!?
  • Backstage Tour of Son of Beast – The Beast’s rebel son was temperamental last year and prevented the scheduled Son of Beast tour, so KICentral strikes back in 2008! Grab your camera and be a part of the first official tour of Son of Beast since the removal of the loop and see this wooden monster from a perspective rarely seen by the public.
  • Q&A With a Kings Island Full Timer – Ride Sally Ride your way into the Nickelodeon Ampetheatre as a Kings Island full timers will be on hand for a no-holds-barred question and answer session.
  • Dinner in the Picnic Grove – Eat like a king at the KICentral all you can eat buffet! Food items offered for the day will include hamburgers, Montgomery Inn Pork BBQ Sandwiches, Potato Salad, Macaroni & Cheese, rolls, and ice cream for desert!
  • Unlimited Drinks All Day – Enjoy your day with an ice cold Coca-Cola… or two or three. Include with the price of KICentral: The Second Coming will be an unlimited drink wristband which allows for FREE fountain drinks all day long!
  • Night ERT on The Racer – End the day with a throwback to the 1970s on The Racer! This classic coaster was designed by the legendary John Allen and was credited with ushering in the second Golden Age of the roller coaster.

Space is limited for this event. Please recall that last year’s event SOLD OUT so purchase your tickets early. Members of the KICentral Mobile Club will be able to purchase tickets July 22nd at 5pm and tickets will go on sale to the general public at midnight. Click here for more information about KICentral: The Second Coming!

Mystery construction continues at Kings Island for what will be the most exciting addition in the history of the park! Click here to see flyover photos of a mysterious red track that seems to be popping up in vital locations!

Regards,

Ryan

Unfortunately, I'll not be able to attend this year as I'm going to be up at Cedar Point that weekend. I had a feeling this was going to be on this particular weekend. Thanks once again for putting this on for us. Maybe next year, eh?

Can I purchase a ticket for a friend who is not a member of KICentral?

Of course you can. All we ask is that they register on the forums of KICentral. It only takes a second and registering on KIC is 100% FREE!

Also please note that a ticket to KICentral: The Second Coming is also an admission ticket to the park so if you have any friends or relatives that would want to go, this is a great opportunity.

Kudos for the hardwork planning all of this, however, the ERT is a bit lacking. Invertigo and Racer are prolly the last 2 MAJOR coasters in the park I would want ERT on.

Rides have never really been the center of attention at the KICentral events... they weren't last year and they obviously aren't this year. We thought about the ERTs logistically and Invertigo is a low capacity ride that many people have to skip because of the lines so having it as a morning ERT sounded appropriate. Having had The Beast ruled out as a night ERT, we needed to pick a ride that was the most reliable and had the highest capacity. The night rides are the ones where you really want to get as many rides in as possible. I think people will be pleasantly surprised with how good of a night ride The Racer offers.

Of course you can. All we ask is that they register on the forums of KICentral. It only takes a second and registering on KIC is 100% FREE!

Do they need to be a registered member before I purchase the tickets? I just want to get the tickets as soon as possible before the event sells out. Sorry for all the questions, but I'm still kinda new around here. I'm excited to get to meet some of you at the event.

Thanks,

Mark

Do they need to be a registered member before I purchase the tickets? I just want to get the tickets as soon as possible before the event sells out. Sorry for all the questions, but I'm still kinda new around here. I'm excited to get to meet some of you at the event.

Thanks,

Mark

Buy your tickets as early as possible. Ask them register just as a courtesy to both KIC and Kings Island.

By all means ask as many questions as you can. Someone else may be thinking what you're asking.

I can not wait to finally get to come to one of these events, even though I haft to get rid of my tickets to tour the new Lucas Oil Stadium preview.

My question is there a price difference for those who have season passes verses those who need a day ticket?

If so what is the price for season pass holders for the KICentral Second Coming event?

...what is the price for season pass holders for the KICentral Second Coming event?

The ticket for the second coming KIC event is a fixed price. $29.99 gets you all the great activities such as the SOB Tour, Q&A with Flashback, and the ERT on Invertigo and Racer! Oh, Don't forget the unlimited soft drink wristband!

I'm REALLY beginning to feel like a "second class citizen" lately! First off the movie companies have been making me feel like I am poor because I haven't jumped over to Blu-Ray DVDs yet...and NOW I find that us non-cell phone owners have to wait an additional 7 hours before we COULD buy tickets to this event...what's next!?

P.S. Let me just say that I am happy when I can escape the phone...and I prefer watching "low grade" picture quality shows...I do not WANT to see every imperfection and make-up line on my actors! (I have seen regular DVDs on HD TV...and that is bad enough...examples being in Hawaii Five-0 Jack Lord looks like he's really had a tough night & is trying to hide it with makeup...and in Smallville you not only can see Lex's shaved hairline constantly...but i've even seen a bit of a "stash" on Lana...not very attractive.)

I'm REALLY beginning to feel like a "second class citizen" lately! First off the movie companies have been making me feel like I am poor because I haven't jumped over to Blu-Ray DVDs yet...and NOW I find that us non-cell phone owners have to wait an additional 7 hours before we COULD buy tickets to this event...what's next!?

P.S. Let me just say that I am happy when I can escape the phone...and I prefer watching "low grade" picture quality shows...I do not WANT to see every imperfection and make-up line on my actors! (I have seen regular DVDs on HD TV...and that is bad enough...examples being in Hawaii Five-0 Jack Lord looks like he's really had a tough night & is trying to hide it with makeup...and in Smallville you not only can see Lex's shaved hairline constantly...but i've even seen a bit of a "stash" on Lana...not very attractive.)

Heh... just get a Blackberry. That way anyone can get ahold of you at any time... in about 7 ways. lol

Last year's event was a blast. However I feel you are making a mistake charging season passholders the same price for the event as non-passholders. Last year, as I recall, you charged $16.99 + $3.00 shipping or $19.99 for passholders. This year you are charging $29..99 + 3.00 shipping or $32.99 for everyone, including passholders. That is simply too pricy. Because of this, I regret that I will not be attending this year unless you lower the price for passholders.

And need I remind you that the first KIC day event featured NO exclusive ride times whatsoever. This year, you get two hours of ERT. Yes, they may not be on star attractions, but you can ride the more popular rides during the day and wait in line for those, and be able to experience Racer and Invertigo before/after the park is open.

And you will be able to go on the Son of Beast backstage tour, and get unlimited softdrinks the entire day. To me, that is well worth the increase price for the event. And that doesn`t even include Q&A with a KI full time employee!

I was unaware the park or this website had to negotiate with each user to come to an agreeable price. One either finds the deal acceptable and goes...or one does not. Some of the experiences here cannot be duplicated at any price. Should you choose not to go, it's your loss.

And the park's/website's loss if enough people agree with me and refuse to shell out the money. It is immaterial to me whether or not the website/park negotiates an agreeable price. I am simply expressing my opinion that I feel the price is too high. If the price is lowered because of enough feedback, that is fine. However, I won't lose sleep if it is not lowered. I will simply not attend.

Markr – I hear you and your concerns about one price fits all but once I read Ryan’s FAQ thread

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=230371

which he explains why price is the same and what all it includes I have no problem with the price and think the regular day admissions guests are getting a steal of a deal.

I have planned a lot of events and conferences in my days past and know a lot of little expenses add up, but those little extras really made the events run smoothly and added more entertainment value for just a little more. I would always have a few who would question the price until they realized the expense that it took. The thing is the biggest cost that would normal drive the price up is the labor that it would cost to put on such events but often times that expense is volunteered and so the savings is passed to the participants. I know a lot of people are volunteering and the park is helping this event to keep cost down, so please understand they are trying to put a exciting event together but some costs will be necessary. I know they weigh the cost very carefully and if it is to steep don’t be upset as they are trying to please as many members as they can. I think the value is great for everyone.