Indiana Beach

http://whentoride.com/graph_park.asp?state=15&park=100

EDIT: i noticed that it says the waits are huge, and its worst in January, and the park isn't even opened then. Im sure someone just messed everything up. My guess is that there won't be much long waits, the longest you will wait is probably 5-10 minutes for Steel-Hawg.

I have never been but I haven't heard much good about it either. Most people here who have been have described it as "Trashy" and "unclean". And I'm still not crazy about how the rides system works. I went to IB's site and its only $2 to get in, but that doesn't include ride admission. From my understanding you either pay-per-ride like a fair, or you can buy an 8 hour ride session pass that is like $30! For me, Kings Island is probably about the same distance so I'd just rather go to the park thats proven, than a park that just now got its first coaster with inversions

^Whatever you say, but you cant beat the atmosphere at IB! (You can't beat the airtime on Cornball Express Either). The new owners have cleaned it up a lot and there are easy ways to find big discounts to IB. No one pays full price at amusement parks. ;)

EDIT: Why don't you take a trip out there for yourself so you can find out.

<_<

http://whentoride.com/graph_park.asp?state=15&park=100

EDIT: i noticed that it says the waits are huge, and its worst in January, and the park isn't even opened then. Im sure someone just messed everything up. My guess is that there won't be much long waits, the longest you will wait is probably 5-10 minutes for Steel-Hawg.

I would say that the chart was correct, some days in some months the wait is only a few minutes, in January you will be waiting a couple of months. So yes the wait is longer.

Indiana Beach is a great place. The earliest you can get in is about 9:30, although rides wont start until 11, but the shops and food places are open then and so are the arcade and game machines throughout. Dont miss the water show, best its been in years! Yes the new owners have really cleaned it up and made it look real nice. Its not expensive, ($2.50 to get in, FREE PARKING, and you don't have to ride if you dont want to. You can either get a combo pass (which is ride and swimming area) or you can get 7 hour ride pass (11am - 6p or 3-10pm) or single ride passes. Just go and have a good time! Hope this helped. If you need anything more, PM me (I work there ;) Have a safe trip!

Yeah the seven hour session pass is only 23.00 and if you buy online you don't pay the admission price. That's a pretty good deal. I'm gonna make the drive up in the morning do the 11 to 6 session and then drive home, sure to be a long but fun day. I'm looking forward to riding the paratrooper, a classic ride that I have never seen before.

I went for my first time a few weeks ago and loved it. The coasters are top notch (Tigg'r in the backseat = hold on!!!) and it's super unique -- boardwalk, built over water, everything intertwined, etc. I didn't feel it was overpriced (and we paid full gate, because we forgot to purchase ahead of time online.)

Our waits were minimal -- with the exception of Lost Coaster, I don't think we waited for more than a cycle for anything. Oh, and Lost Coaster: make SURE you do it backwards. It's a wee bit insane... those cars are heavily padded for a reason lol!

Also, if the Falling Star is open (not sure if it's affected by the Rainbow shutdowns, since they're similar,) ride it if you never have -- I hadn't been on one, and assumed it to be the same as rides in which you face inward... it's not.

Good times. We were planning our return trip before we even left.

Carrie