It's a Boy!

Shooting Star

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a weird name for a roller coaster! If this is actually a new name i think they are going to continue The Beast family! I can see it now Firehawk turns into Mrs. Beast and FoF tuns into Grandpa Beast that would be histaricle if they did...DEAR LORD THEY BETTER NOT! Because then they will change the parks name to Beast Land hahahaha that would be funny!

GrandSon of Beast!!!

I work in the shipping warehouse at Kings Island and 22 boxes of "GrandSon of Beast" t-shirts arrived at the park on Friday.

Do you think they're changing the name of the Fairly Odd Coaster?

OMG,I cant wait!!!not. If its true I think you'll be banned because doesnt it say in the TOS that unannounced information is illegal to post?

Believe me or not, but you'll see someday soon what the truth is.

The shirt is black like most other shirts in The Beast clothing line. It features a logo that's not unlike the old Beastie logo (same font) and features a relatively generic cartoonish coaster car on wooden track. My first thought was that it was the name of the new ride until I got to see the depiction of the wooden coaster car. The shirt looks kind of cartoonish which is what is leading me to believe that it's the Fairly Odd Coaster's new name. The picture in it is clearly children riding the ride which also backs up my thoughts.

I don't expect anyone to believe me about this, I realize that I'm new here. I look forward to sharing more details about this as I see more mystery boxes shipped into my warehouse.

Believe me or not, but you'll see someday soon what the truth is.

The shirt is black like most other shirts in The Beast clothing line. It features a logo that's not unlike the old Beastie logo (same font) and features a relatively generic cartoonish coaster car on wooden track. My first thought was that it was the name of the new ride until I got to see the depiction of the wooden coaster car. The shirt looks kind of cartoonish which is what is leading me to believe that it's the Fairly Odd Coaster's new name. The picture in it is clearly children riding the ride which also backs up my thoughts.

I don't expect anyone to believe me about this, I realize that I'm new here. I look forward to sharing more details about this as I see more mystery boxes shipped into my warehouse.

Well,with that description im actually starting to beleive this.

1st, if something is getting named grandSon of Beast, then My latest post in the "rumor coaster 2009" thread could have been on to something...

2nd, think logically. They rethemed the ride, repainted everything (including the trains) the year before last. Do you honestly think that Cedar Fair is in the financial situation to do that again?

Unless we're getting 3 roller coasters this year, like somebody else predicted, I doubt they are renaming ANYTHING GrandSon of Beast.

**EDIT**

I just realized paramount did the overhaul... but still, CF isnt in the financial situation.

why would you name something Grandson of The Beast? Thats a stupidddddd name. Mmmm, if and IF this is true then couldn't you loose your job by poasting this?

I asked my area sup if I could post it before I said anything and he said he didn't care.

I can't imagine the park would be ordering merchandise for next year.

They start ordering merch sooner than you think. It was right around this time last year that we got the original designs of the shirts for Flight Deck, Invertigo, etc. Of course, this was only one box of each, which I think was for the full timers to check out. Getting so many boxes in makes me think that they may want to change the name before the end of the season.

Cedar Fair not a position to repaint an old ride? Well, let me see... they ARE in a position to build a BIG @$$ new coaster at KI... but simply repaint a older that they are about to lose the rights too? I think they ARE in the position to repaint FOC! -Hauntguy

There is a lot more involved in this than repainting Fairly Odd Coaster. Every trace of Nick must be removed if the licensing is not renewed. For that matter, why would Fairly Odd Coaster have to be repainted? Superman: Ultimate Escape, which was re-christened Steel Venom (and now is Voodoo at Dorney Park) was never repainted at what again became Geauga Lake.

I sincerely hope this is a hoax. GrandSon of Beast is a moronic name for a kid coaster. Seriously! If they need to change the name for legal reasons, and want to carry on The Beast/Son of Beast namesake, the most obvious choice for Fairly Odd Coaster would be to revert back to the previous name Beastie.

Cedar Fair not a position to repaint an old ride? Well, let me see... they ARE in a position to build a BIG @$$ new coaster at KI... but simply repaint a older that they are about to lose the rights too? I think they ARE in the position to repaint FOC! -Hauntguy

they would have to overhaul the whole area again, and that means taking things down, putting new things up, etc. Also, didnt they paint FOC purple? that doesnt go very well with a BEAST now, does it?