It's a Boy!

Shooting Star

Ok, I've talked to many very reliable sources at Kings Island and found out that there is absolutely no talk what so ever about renaming ANY rides in Nickelodeon Universe.

So what these shirts are for remains to be seen...

I've heard a similar rumor as well. Not sure how reliable it is, but a couple of weeks ago, I was in line for Dragster at CP, and was talking to a family from Kansas City. Two of the older teenage girls work at Worlds of Fun, in the Camp Snoopy area, and they said there was talk that Spongebob was coming to Worlds of Fun.

So at this point, it sounds like decisions are still being made about the future of any licensing contracts across the entire chain. It will interesting to see what the future holds.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I could see these shirts a just merch. For example they could have onsies for infants that said, "Id rather be ridding The Beast, than in this stroller." : "Beastete" : "Future Beast Fan" and you could go on and on.

But I also dont see the Nick characters getting renewed. Why would CF want to renegotiate and spend more money for a new agreement with Viacom? Thats more costly than a little paint and some new signs.

Well I could see these shirts a just merch. For example they could have onsies for infants that said, "Id rather be ridding The Beast, than in this stroller." : "Beastete" : "Future Beast Fan" and you could go on and on.

How about, "My family went to Kings Island and rode The Beast, and all they got me was this lousy 'GrandSon of Beast' shirt"

How about, "My family went to Kings Island and rode The Beast, and all they got me was this lousy 'GrandSon of Beast' shirt"

How about a shirt to go along with the GrandSon of Beast Shirt. "Im With Stupid, because he just bought a GrandSon of Beast T-shirt ->"

Cedar Fair not a position to repaint an old ride? Well, let me see... they ARE in a position to build a BIG @$$ new coaster at KI... but simply repaint a older that they are about to lose the rights too? I think they ARE in the position to repaint FOC! -Hauntguy

they would have to overhaul the whole area again, and that means taking things down, putting new things up, etc. Also, didnt they paint FOC purple? that doesnt go very well with a BEAST now, does it?

FOC is white, not purple.

I thought FOC / beastie was always purple?? I have a picture of me on it some 12+ years ago and I believe it was purple.

I for one weather they keep the nickelodeon stuff or not would like to see it called beastie again. Thats what I remember it as being my first roller coaster ride ever and what I will always see it as.

Its also old enough where kids that went on it way long ago are having kids or getting to that point and I think it would be nice if it would have the same name between generations.

Cedar Fair not a position to repaint an old ride? Well, let me see... they ARE in a position to build a BIG @$$ new coaster at KI... but simply repaint a older that they are about to lose the rights too? I think they ARE in the position to repaint FOC! -Hauntguy

they would have to overhaul the whole area again, and that means taking things down, putting new things up, etc. Also, didnt they paint FOC purple? that doesnt go very well with a BEAST now, does it?

News to me.

News to me.

Hmm... I thought it was white. I just went to the Kids Area last week with my cousin's little boy and we rode FOC. I thought I saw it white. I will have to check again when I go on Wednesday. Maybe my eyes are tricking me again lol.

Guest TombraiderTy

Beastie was purple. They reapinted the trains for FOC, not the supports.

I'm starting a coalition against the new name, GOB Stoppers: People Opposed to Idiotic Ride Names.

Well Fairly Odd Coaster is the stupidist name I know for a coaster, so almost anything would be better in my opinion. I would love to see it go back to either Beastie or even Scooby Doo, but I'll take GOB over the current name.

well, maybe there is a small bit of truth to this. Looking more widespread at these forums, there are a few more rumors which could make this one truth.

example: Kings Island is getting 3 roller coasters in 2009.

maybe there's one that they haven't started building yet that they're calling grandSon of Beast...

I guess we'll see in 13 and a half hours, because if there's any truth to this they'd annouce it then...

• 2 weeks later...

The Fairly Odd Coaster is the oldest coaster in the park isn't it? the "grandson of The Beast" name wouldn't make sense then the Grandson is older than Grandpa!

I really don't care what they call it honestly. It was renamed to Beastie because of the popularity of The Beast, and renamed to Fairly odd Coaster to go along with the Nick Universe theming. If the rumors are true about Cedar Fair dropping the Nick theming after this year than I'm sure the name will be changed again. To what I don't know but Grandson of The Beast definitly wouldn't make sense!

• 1 month later...