7-26-08 Saturday

Kawana

My girlfriend Erin and I decided to take a jaunt down to the park on a Saturday to partake in the goodies of our platinum passes. We arrived at the park at around 10:30, and received our fastlane tickets. Then it was a walk back to a walk on at The Beast. The Beast was so nice, we had to ride twice, so we did. Heading back towards the first aid building to tend to my poor feet that were hurting in my fresh new Crocs, so I bandaged up my toes and on we went. After a quick stop by the construction site, guess what we saw? Cranes! It won't be long now. Then it was on to the Rivertown LaRosa's to purchase a drink wristband. By then it was time to hit up BLSC for our first speedlane ride. Within a matter of 5 minutes we were done and on to our next stop.

AE was on the way, so after a 5-10 minute wait, we were on. Next was another speedlane trip, this time on Delirium. We liked the 80s show so much we decided to see it again and it was great, as usual. A quick trip on the tower, and out to lunch.

Back from lunch, we hit up FoF and I really like that ride. Unfortunately, a gent had to take the walk of shame and I felt sorry for him, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. We hadn't ridden Zephyr this year, and we probably won't ride it again. My "body" barely fit in the seat, and it was pretty painful to ride.

Erin had won a stuffed animal in the bulldog race just outside X-Base, so we ran that out to the car. On the way out, we heard the announcement that the 80s show was starting soon. "Why not?", we said, so we saw it again. This time however, the show had been modified due to a rain shower, and unfortunately, the show suffered. There wasn't much room for the performers, and due to that, there seemed to be some confusion when it came to the dancing. I do have to say that Josh is the most consistent performer that I've seen at KI this year. His performance in both shows was almost identical (save for the rain modification), and he really gives it his all. Kudos, Josh.

Next was the KI&MVRR, and I noticed there are a ton of footers out in the ravine. Should be interesting. It was getting late so we were going to try to squeeze in a few more rides before the obligatory night ride on The Beast. On to the Crypt, and then Vortex, and back to The Beast. We were trying to be on and out of the park before 10 so when we got to The Beast and saw the queue was open right next to the ramp up to the station, we were outta there. On the way out, we rode SDATHC, and Erin beat me 630-600. I would have won if it wouldn't have been for those rotten light guns. I started off with a bum gun, and was catching up, but the ride was over.

Fireworks in the parking lot, and a fun day was over. I've said it before and I'll repeat it here. I really enjoy not feeling rushed when I'm at KI. I love taking my time, soaking in the sights and sounds, and people watching a bit here and there.

(For Terpy)

They've sent in the cranes

The cranes are all here

Let's give a big cheer.

Thanks for reading.

***EDIT

Our passes were not checked when we got our speedlane tickets, or my drink wristband.