New Roller Coaster Requirements

coaster_junky

o.k. we have all be talking about what we think the theme and name of the new roller coaster will be, so i was wondering what do you all think will be the height requirement, and other different things it will have by the entrance and in the station.

i think it will have a 54" ride requirement along with lockers like those found by Firehawk, a single person lane like that found on maverick, and a big flat screen t.v. like that found in the line of maverick.

so what do all of you think?

o.k. we have all be talking about what we think the theme and name of the new roller coaster will be, so i was wondering what do you all think will be the height requirement, and other different things it will have by the entrance and in the station.

i think it will have a 54" ride requirement along with lockers like those found by Firehawk, a single person lane like that found on maverick, and a big flat screen t.v. like that found in the line of maverick.

It will have a million rows of queue rails on the way in...to be always full to begin with. It will have a sign next to the entrance. And it will have a station with a roof over it. I don't look for much else.

I almost forgot to mention. I look for the old Paradise Island to be the on-ride photo booth.

It will have a million rows of queue rails on the way in...to be always full to begin with. It will have a sign next to the entrance. And it will have a station with a roof over it. I don't look for much else.

I almost forgot to mention. I look for the old Paradise Island to be the on-ride photo booth.

Try thinking about the other side of the park, to the left of Wings.

Why are we worried about this already. Lets just wait and see.

That sounds like the best idea I've heard in a long time. All will eventually be known, and then we can stop stressing.

Well, believe it or not, there are at least some here who are not stressing.....at least not about the new exciting addition coming to Mason! :)

Come on, get happy!

Why are we worried about this already. Lets just wait and see.

It isn't necessarily unreasonable to wonder what the height requirements will be. My son is 52" tall so he has a couple inches to go before he can ride things like FoF, Invertigo, etc, and the height requirement was one of the first things I thought about when the Project 2009 rumors first started. (I too suspect it will be 54")

Even if the projected height requirement were public knowledge, which it is not, many things could yet change it, from changes in insurance, to the ride's testing to Cedar Fair policies to changes in safety philosophy, and yes, even to a change in park ownership or management. And thus the wise reason that the projected height requirement is not public knowledge. I'd be stunned if this information were released on Wednesday. . .

• 4 weeks later...

The seatbelts have been shortened several times. They were first shortened after recommendations came down from INTAMIN in the aftermath of the incident opening weekend for Superman: The Ride at what was then Six Flags Darien Lake in New York. Yes, the incident occurred prior to Millennium's opening, but the recommendation came substantially later. Then there was the SFNE incident. And the Perilous Plunge incident...And the Drop Tower incident at California's Great America...

By the way, the Superman ride at SFA and what is now Ride of Steel at Darien are mirror images of each other. SFA's has a 48 inch tall requirement, at Darien one must be at least 54 inches and no more than 76 inches. Just an example of height requirements varying based on jurisdictions, company philosophies, ride histories and/or insurance carriers.

^IMO that wasnt to smart of a decision considering the harnessing system but hey i guess its good for the shorter bunch of people.

My kids are under 54 inches and absolutely loved riding it with their hands high in the air!!!! Especially the part where they told their father (who they know is afraid of heights) to look down :)

• 4 weeks later...

Judging by what I've seen with KD's installation of Dominator this season that may be a correct assumption save for the lockers.Dominator uses the separate front row lane & has the huge queue TV's set to play the commercials over & over during one's wait in line but they also added a DJ booth as well.

Most B&M's have a 54 inch restriction so that presumption for DB seems to be spot on as well.