New Roller Coaster Requirements

coaster_junky

Uh, we do NOT recommend that. Height requirements exist for a reason, the proper restraint of the rider...and it has to do with body size and torso, not with footwear.

Please do not encourage parents to put kids on coasters who do not fit. When they come out, we will all get to pay higher prices, put up with more restraints (watch what is about to happen to Six Flags New England's Superman: The Ride), etc. Not to mention the moral issues involved.

• 4 weeks later...
I was actually just kidding...Cedar Point's kid footwear policy is one of the funniest things I've ever read!! :lol:

I looked in the complete policies page on CP's site and I didn't see anything about it. Did I miss something? (I know the fun/safety guide has the Footwear must not contribute... spiel)

I don't think DB will have one big TV, it will probably have QTVs like the rest of the park. Hopefully it'll have a SR line that starts at the beginning of the line, not most of the way up, ala Maverick and Behemoth.

"Uh, we do NOT recommend that. Height requirements exist for a reason, the proper restraint of the rider...and it has to do with body size and torso, not with footwear.

Please do not encourage parents to put kids on coasters who do not fit. When they come out, we will all get to pay higher prices, put up with more restraints (watch what is about to happen to Six Flags New England's Superman: The Ride), etc. Not to mention the moral issues involved."

Even though I am quite dissapointed when my brother and sister are shy of the 54' mark, or any other of the height rescrictions in this matter I, do not approve of them slipping out of the restraints all together and dying because us trying to stretch the rules.

It's not about slipping out and falling, the hight limits are based off of the intensity of the ride and what the rider can handle.

For example, a rider 48 inches high may not be able to safly handle Millennium Force, but a rider 54 inches high can.

I may be explaining this poorly. Someone want to translate?

The fact that Millennium Force is an INTAMIN ride, whose manufacturer has a history of problems with riders eluding the restraints, may also have something to do with that. See, for example, Superman: Ride of Steel at Darien Lake (now Ride of Steel), Superman: Ride of Steel at Six Flags New England and Perilous Plunge, in particular. Then you can add in a drop ride at what was then Paramount's Great America...

All those rides have had changes made to the restraints...and height limits can and do change..Different manufacturers, and different insurance companies, not to mention different park managements, have differing philosophies and requirements, which can also change over time.