More Clues in the Press Invite

BoddaH1994

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my guess would be that it is going to be called THE MUSTANG.

WRONG ANSWER.....

You will all see that my hint is correct in 5 days 3 hours 6 minutes, I would bet my house on it!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamondback_water_snake

So...you're predicting Nerodia rhombifer? ;)

I agree the eyes in the crate look somewhat snake-like, how do you reconcile the "ride, Sally, ride!" or "tremors" clue with your "Diamond Back Watersnake" prediction?

Not saying you're right or wrong...personally, I have no idea what they'll name it...just curious about how you feel those other clues fit in, since you're so confident in your prediction.

Tremors, or the ground shaking, can also be felt when a BUNCH of horses run across a piece of land... I'm guessing STAMPEDE!!! or... some other "horse related" name! -Hauntguy

I hadn't thought of that one - that's a great guess and I like the name as well.

Well my guess would be that it is going to be called THE MUSTANG.

WRONG ANSWER.....

You will all see that my hint is correct in 5 days 3 hours 6 minutes, I would bet my house on it!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamondback_water_snake

I don't know if I'd bet my house ;), but I agree with your reasoning 100%.

I also i agree 100% on Diamond Back.

On one of the signs ---n900355525_3657315_9694.jpg---

Is that serious for security reasons or is it some kind of hint?

It's a hint, not a very good hint though, but it is a hint..

On one of the signs ---n900355525_3657315_9694.jpg---

Is that serious for security reasons or is it some kind of hint?

Angrybeaver beat me to it. Yes, it's a hint.

^Wow. Thanks for making me feel welcome.

I'm sure no offense was intended. It's nice of you to point out what you thought was a new sign, but pretty much everyone here knows about all the teaser signs already. ;) They're the basis for a huge discussion taking place regarding the name and elements of the coming coaster.

Science 18 June 1971:

Vol. 172. no. 3989, pp. 1252 - 1253

DOI: 10.1126/science.172.3989.1252

Prev | Table of Contents | Next

Articles

Snake Infrared Receptors: Thermal or Photochemical Mechanism?

John F. Harris 1 and R. Igor Gamow 1

1 Department of Aerospace Engineering Sciences, University of Colorado, Boulder 80302

It appears that the two most sensitive infrared receptors known in the biological world are found in two widely different families of snakes, the pit vipers and the boas. After an infrared stimulus from a carbon dioxide laser, which has a monochromatic output at 10.6 micrometers, we find evoked potentials in boas with chronically implanted electrodes. Our data suggest that the receptors operate on a thermal principle.

Infrared cameras in this case I think would be for photography of wildlife.

People can't see infrared light but a camera can. You do do a test by using a tv remote and point it at your digital camera when pushing a button.

Your camera will need to be on and have a lcd screen to see.

Does it say something about infrared cameras? The sign I've seen says "infrared detectors" - which could of course imply a camera, but the wording is very ambiguous. (intentionally no doubt)

I think cameras for wildlife is a stretch though, because cameras weren't exactly a commonplace item in the "Old West", especially the infrared variety... and the horse theme seems to be tied to the Old West / mining town theme.

I'm sure no offense was intended. It's nice of you to point out what you thought was a new sign, but pretty much everyone here knows about all the teaser signs already. ;) They're the basis for a huge discussion taking place regarding the name and elements of the coming coaster.

I don't know why I snapped lol. Sorry for being a loser. :P

Infrared cameras in this case I think would be for photography of wildlife.

People can't see infrared light but a camera can. You do do a test by using a tv remote and point it at your digital camera when pushing a button.

Your camera will need to be on and have a lcd screen to see.

Just tried it. Didn't work. Maybe I have the wrong kind of remote...? The problem isn't my camera, because it does have an LCD screen.

I don't know why I snapped lol. Sorry for being a loser.

You're not being a loser. I've had my oversensitive moments in here, too.