Another Construction Update 8-1-08

BoddaH1994

Things are taking shape, and quickly...

Looks like more vertical beams have been added and a second layer has been added to more sections as well. I'm pretty confident at this point that this will be the station and/or transfer area...

8-1_017_copy.jpg

Something that we haven't seen a lot of during the season but isn't an uncommon sight now is construction workers doing their thing while the park is open.

8-1_001_copy.jpg

Many of you remember the massive amount of track that was staged in the parking lot when Firehawk was going up. Obviously that's not much of an option right now, so the staging are seems to be behind Firehawk.

8-1_013_copy.jpg

Remeber that that announcement will be this Wednesday, August 6th! Members of the KICentral Mobile Club will be the absolute first to know because they will get a LIVE text update as soon as details are released!

Also, don't forget that the KICentral Event will happen on August 16th and will feature a CONSTRUCTION TOUR of the new ride! LAST DAY TO PURCHASE TICKETS IS MONDAY!!! Click here to order tickets!

Click here to see the rest of the photos.

Just a question as I'm new here and I don't know alot about roller coaster construction; but what is the usual time frame for building a coaster? I was at Cedar Point a couple times when they were building Maverick and I don't remember seeing as much progress as we're seeing at KI. It seems it's going along quicker then I imagined! Not complaining; I ;can't wait for opening day 2009!!

Thanks,

Maria

Just a question as I'm new here and I don't know alot about roller coaster construction; but what is the usual time frame for building a coaster? I was at Cedar Point a couple times when they were building Maverick and I don't remember seeing as much progress as we're seeing at KI. It seems it's going along quicker then I imagined! Not complaining; I ;can't wait for opening day 2009!!

Thanks,

Maria

My guess:

Through the rest of the year, throughout the offseason, and finishing around May or June

Usually if Cedar Fair is opening a NEW unused ride they like to have it ready by opening day! I would not be surprised to see this new coaster open with the park in April 2009. I would say that as much work that is done at this point will allow for an opening day the same as the park! If you look at other Cedar Fair Parks and new coaster instalations they almost always open when the park does. Lately there have been a few exceptions as they have installed some used rides that took a little more time than usual.

The vertical construction here

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/displayima...m=254&pos=2

is definately the transfer track. You can see those little triangular lips that are about 2/3's of the way up on our coaster, also on Nitros transfer track(just to the side of the track, and below the platform):

http://www.rcdb.com/ig1106.htm?picture=3

Besides, track supports are always underneath stations:

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/displayima...m=254&pos=1

not the I beam shape used to hold up the track on the transfer track. Even more obvious is the amount of electrical conduit and all that a station needs has been in place there for a long time now.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the track start to go through the ravine.

Ravine is a little strong its pretty much a dip. there is not a very big drop, 30-40 feet maybe. Granted, if it was straight down that may be seem significant, but it is rather gradual.

Ravine is a little strong its pretty much a dip. there is not a very big drop, 30-40 feet maybe. Granted, if it was straight down that may be seem significant, but it is rather gradual.

It started as a ravine. Now that it's been filled it's more of a ditch.

I believe your estimate is a little on the short side...