How Old Were You When You First Visited Kings Island?

LongliveKingsCobra

When Was the First Time you visited the park?

What was your best experiance?

What was your wrost?

Mine was when I was 7. We stayed in Hanna Barbera land and had Blue Ice cream. I road Bestie(Me Favorite Ride!)

Then We took a ride on the train and that was our day. Through the next years I grew and got to ride bigger rides.

Though the wrost i had? Well I was tall enough for The Beast at the"You must be this tall" at the entrence. But when we got there I wasn't big enough!!! How'd'id that happen?

As for you?

My first trip was 1972. I was 3 1/2. The park and I grew up together, I guess you could say. Our family didn't have a lot of money back then, so my sister and I used to save Top Value stamps to trade for KI tickets.

There are too many good times to say which one is the best..... But the worst had to be the time I went with the youth group and got sick (stomach flu, not from rides).

When Was the First Time you visited the park? about 1993

What was your best experience? Top Gun!

What was your worst? Long bus trips, I went with my uber geek friends from the academic team. We had a blast!

deb

I first went in 2000 I was 7. I don't really remember much about this trip except being terrified of Congo Falls but I rode it. And waiting inline for Phantom Theadar then chickening out on the turn table and going out the exit.(I never got to ride PT) Oh and I got this really cool mug. :P

mug1nr7.jpg

I first went in 2000 I was 7. I don't really remember much about this trip except being terrified of Congo Falls but I rode it. And waiting inline for Phantom Theadar then chickening out on the turn table and going out the exit.(I never got to ride PT) Oh and I got this really cool mug. :P

lol...I did that too, then I finaly road it that next year. It was fun but I don't remember it that well, except that it was quite loud.....

I can't vote because I was only 2 for my first time. That was 1981 and I have no recollection of it. I have a picture of me there, though and I'm holding a balloon. So I guess my best experience was holding that balloon. I really could hold balloons back then, boy.

My worst experience was probably when the balloon floated away, ran out of helium, or was popped. I don't know the details of its end.

But who knows....maybe that balloon is still out there...watching.........waiting...

My first trip was 1974. I was 12 years old. I remember playing a game on the way; the winner was the first one to see the Eiffel Tower.

Every time i go to an amusement park i play that. The first one to see one of the rides or attractions wins! I win almost every time.

First visit: 1993- i don't remember it cause i was just a baby.

Best experience: Early SOB days

Worst experience: don't have one

My favorite trip i have ever had to KI is on May 26th. 2007 (Firehawk's media day), it was me, my sister, and her BF Ryan. My sister and Ryan went and did their own stuff while i got to do what ever i wanted by my self.

Well I have been going to Kings Island since 1972; I was almost 8 years old. There is in no way that I could only pick one favorite memory, because each and every great memory comes with a wonderful story and I would not trade one for the other. It would take me days to type every great memory with a related story to go with it. Besides I don’t think anyone would want to read a post that long

Well I’ll start with where it all began:

Sometime in the summer of 1972, My Grandfather who was a teamster truck driver and drove a route daily past Kings Island. As he drove by everyday he watched the progress and the birth of Kings Island from the interstate, so he decided to take the whole family including his wife 2 daughters, his son and 6 grand children at that time. This was an extremely rare occasion. Well I being from Indianapolis and my house sat almost right next to the Indianapolis 500 3rd turn, I had no idea what to expect so arriving at Kings Island was like walking into another world. I’ll try to keep to my grandfather, he was what you would say an old fart!! He loved his beer and spent little time with his family but loved us dearly. So he paid for all us to get in, everyone took pictures and we all marveled at the International Street and the spectacular fountain under the Eiffel Tower (keeping in mind this was in 1972). He quickly gave all the parents some money and sent us all on our way, because his first stop was going to be the Oktoberfest Der Alte Deutsche Bier Garten to belly up and swap stories with the other old farts. After a short while we meet back up with him and we were so excited and were telling him stories about what we had been doing earlier in the day at the park, (next is one of the great memories) I never seen that man smile and have such a proud look on his face, he had that look like he was going to get the grandparent of the year award. I’ll never forget it in all my life, I can still see it as if he was sitting right her next to me now. He decided to take a ride with us, and since we were right next to the Swiss Sky Ride that went across the park that’s where we were going, plus he could ride right back!! I was in the same Swiss Sky Rider car as he was, and when we got to the higher part and at one of switch poles he started to sweat and gripping the hand rails real tight. We didn’t know if it was the alcohol so we asked him if he was ok and he answered with (another great memory) the following “I’m so scared and my ass is so tight that I couldn’t sh*t a BB right now if I wanted!!!!” Well me being almost eight years old, and hearing him say that was pretty big stuff and very funny. Needless to say he didn’t ride back but instead opted to walk all the way back to the Der Alte Deutsche Bier Garten and the rest of us went on with the rest of our day.

First trip was in the 2000-2001 range. I remember my parents trying to get me on AE and I refused because I was chicken. I kept saying 'I wanna go on that one instead!' while pointing to King Cobra. It was to keep me away from AE. It didn't work. Yes, I enjoyed it very much.

i actually dont remember my first trip but i know this is my 8th year with a pass subtracting last year with no pass and i remeber riding the Son of Beast opening day when i was 7 with a 3 1/2 hour line every turn stile opened and out by the Drop Tower and this was like this at 10:30 that opening day morning. didnt Son of Beast open in 2000?

My first trip was last month. I took my 6 year old on his first rollercoaster adventure.

We started with the kiddie coasters (Little Bill, FOC, Rugrats) and the kiddie rides in NU. Got soaked on Wild Thornberry. I let him drive his own car at Dodgems after seeing how slow they were. We waited for the front row on red Racer (we lost the race), then hit AE, Congo Falls, Scoobie Doo, White Water Canyon, Zephyr and the Grand Caroussel. Took the train to BB and enjoyed cooling off in the afternoon heat.

After the waterpark closed, we stood in line for Avatar, FOC (again), Flight Deck (walk-on) and BLSC. Watched the fireworks from the parking lot.

I think I'm going to have to go back this summer and ride Beast, SOB, Firehawk, Vortex .... I forgot how much I enjoyed coasters :)

i actually dont remember my first trip but i know this is my 8th year with a pass subtracting last year with no pass and i remeber riding the Son of Beast opening day when i was 7 with a 3 1/2 hour line every turn stile opened and out by the Drop Tower and this was like this at 10:30 that opening day morning. didnt Son of Beast open in 2000?

The first morning Son of Beast was open to the public, it ran two trains and then shut down for weeks.

The first morning Son of Beast was open to the public, it ran two trains and then shut down for weeks.

I don't know if this was my first time visiting, but my first memory of visiting KI was when I was 6 years old. It was the day I rode a roller coaster the first time - Beastie with bench seats and no seatbelts (so you got a little airtime). It was a lot of fun :)

First exposure to KI was a drive by on I-71 sometime in the early '80s probably headed back from relatives in PA. I noticed the sign, then saw the ET and vowed to return one day. (At this point we had not lived long in KY, thus I had never heard of KI prior to this epiphany.) That day came while a student at WKU. A small group of friends mostly from L'ville spent a day there. Don't recall the drinking age in OH but we all enjoyed beers at the place next the pond. It was part of Oktoberfest and themed accordingly. The trip probably occured about '85. Had a dry spell in the mid 90's but have been retrunig at least once per year since 2000. darn! I'm gettin to be an old tymer! Lots of great memories and now makeing new ones with our son.

my first time was in 1994 i was 2.

the best/worst day was the same day. i was 7. my parents took me to ki adn we always went around the park so we started in haanabarbaera land (bad spelling sry aka nickaleodo zone still bad spelling sry) and would end up in Action Zone. so when it was time to ride The Beast i looked at the hill and went to my wow that is really tall and i had and still do a fear of hieghts. and so i tell my parents that i dont want to go onto The Beast. they say no you have to. so i am kicking and screaming and my parents and their friends take me by the arms and leggs and drag me across the park and put me onto The Beast and strapped me in the attendant didnt know what to do from what i have heard.(worst part) they checked my restrains and sent the train on the way. at this time i relized that i couldnt stop it so i rode and had a lot of fun and that is what got me addicted to roller coaster. (best part)

First exposure to KI was a drive by on I-71 sometime in the early '80s probably headed back from relatives in PA. I noticed the sign, then saw the ET and vowed to return one day. (At this point we had not lived long in KY, thus I had never heard of KI prior to this epiphany.) That day came while a student at WKU. A small group of friends mostly from L'ville spent a day there. Don't recall the drinking age in OH but we all enjoyed beers at the place next the pond. It was part of Oktoberfest and themed accordingly. The trip probably occured about '85. Had a dry spell in the mid 90's but have been retrunig at least once per year since 2000. darn! I'm gettin to be an old tymer! Lots of great memories and now makeing new ones with our son.

edit: I don't recall my age at the time... 21 perhaps

I was 14 when my dad took me to KI for the first time. I was always the one to ride the craziest, fastest things I could find at the county fair, so I had no problem getting on a roller coaster. I was stoked to see that the coasters were much bigger than I imagined them to be, so I went for it and made Vortex my first roller coaster ride.. I LOVED IT! :lol:

unfortunately for me, the first time i ever went to Kings Island wasnt until i was 12 (about 4 years ago) although some wouldnt call that very old.

i had always heard people talk about it and i always wanted to go but for some reason i didnt go til that age.(probably my parents lack for loving rollercoasters)

it has been fun everytime since then though!