Last Day to Purchase KIC Day Tickets is TODAY!

LAST CALL! Today, Monday August 4th, is the absolute last day to purchase tickets to the KICentral Event at Kings Island on August 16th!

Be a part of the Second Coming as KICentral and Kings Island bring you a very special event including exclusive ride times on Invertigo and The Racer, a buffet dinner, a Q&A with a Kings Island full timer about the 2009 construction, a Son of Beast backstage tour, a construction tour and MUCH MUCH MORE!!!

Tickets go off sale after today and will no longer be available to the public with no exceptions! Last year many went to the KICentral Event and had a GREAT TIME yet many more didn't go and wish they had gone. Don't let this happen to you!

Click here for more information about the KICentral Event.

Guys, if you haven't bought your tickets you really should get them!

I just purchased my ticket at about midnight after seeing that I am available on Aug 16th! I am so excited to be going to KIC Day The Second Coming! You all who missed out last year, DO NOT miss out this year! You really will regret it! We had so many fun activities lined up last year, and this year will be so much better! The Construction tour and the awesome buffet as well as free drinks, are almost worth the price of admission alone! Throw in Cast meet and greets, a Q&A with a full-timer, the scavenger hunt (What a great activity at the park we all love) and exclusive ride time on Invertigo and Racer and you have a full day! Oh and did I forget, views of Son of Beast that you just need to see in person to believe? This day is going to be something special, and if you haven't bought your ticket yet you need to!

Even if you just want to go to a few events, come to the dinner meet some of your fellow KICers and shoot the breeze and just come to the park to ride rides like you would any other day! This event SHOULD NOT be missed!

I can not begin to tell you how much fun we had last year...it truly is an amazing event! Buy your tickets today before they become history!

I really want to go too, but i have no money haha, i have to get ready for school in a couple weeks and can't reallyjustify spending money right now, especially after i bought my tickets for the drum corp international world finals this weekend...this will be the second time i've missed this and it's kinda depressing...oh well...next year...

Angrybeaver – where about do you live in Perry Township? I will be going to the event too and live closer to town but lived in Hill Valley for many years. I may be able to take you, under some conditions;

Your parents approve verbally before hand.

I will make a delivery in the Cincinnati area (star tower) before going to the park so leaving Indy will be around 5-530AM, so we would be in a new cargo van because of the delivery. (This pays for the gas to go over)

From your last photo trip report I could not help but notice you need a haircut so that would need to happen before hand.

If interested or would like to discuss any of the conditions PM me.

Hmmm, middle aged man picking teenage boy, with nice hair cut, up in cargo van with promise to visit a theme park? Hmm sounds like a plot to a bad movie or something that could have Avatar end up on a list somewhere. ;)

Sorry couldn't help myself, I kid.

That’s why I have not offered earlier, I’m a bit uneasy about putting myself in that scenario, but you can tell he really wants to go so there it is. I just hope a certain picture from the Kinza Tribe down time does not reappear :lol: . That would stop the offer for sure.

That’s why I have not offered earlier, I’m a bit uneasy about putting myself in that scenario, but you can tell he really wants to go so there it is. I just hope a certain picture from the Kinza Tribe down time does not reappear :lol: . That would stop the offer for sure.

Thats hillarious, I forgot all about that!!! Now if that reappears he may reconsider your offer. I know I would. Im uneasy thinking about it right now...

Thats hillarious, I forgot all about that!!! Now if that reappears he may reconsider your offer. I know I would. Im uneasy thinking about it right now...

Im still considering it. But it's up to my mom...

^^Well, he's probably bringing his little daughter anyway!!

But I don't understand the haircut part...is he serious??

I would say a condition to HIM are stops at Gold Star and without question UDF for a large malt plus an extra scoop of ice cream (and the UDF kind that is!)...why Indy doesn't have such luxuries I do not know, but that helps to make riding El Toro easier, eh Terpy!?

To maximize my KICentral event enjoyment, neither my wife nor daughter will be going over with me. I just want to hang and meet fellow members from here and not worry about them feeling left out. Besides like I said I have to drive the cargo van over so only two seats are in it so everyone can be buckled in.

Well there is a Gold Star and a UDF right next to my stop in Cincinnati, bad news is that I have never seen Gold Star open at that time but the good news the UDF is always open.

Well back when I went to Perry Meridian my first few years I had longer hair too. (well see)

Thanks Captain for the confidence and I would feel comfortable with you and you wife too. Are you guys coming?

I would say a condition to HIM are stops at Gold Star and without question UDF for a large malt plus an extra scoop of ice cream (and the UDF kind that is!)...why Indy doesn't have such luxuries I do not know, but that helps to make riding El Toro easier, eh Terpy!?

Hmmm...ain't never seen no UDF nor Gold Star in Jackson, NJ. Just WaWa and KFC....

From your last photo trip report I could not help but notice you need a haircut so that would need to happen before hand.

Don't do it. It's not worth it. You'll regret it until it grows back. RUN.

Not that I'm enthusiastic or anything, but RUN! For the record, you obviously wouldn't be too amused with mine...

...suddenly I'm feeling like I'm giving too much away...but it is rather long. Not the longest I've seen by any means, but somewhat long.

I have not visited the site in several weeks and it turns out I missed the chance to pickup tickets by one day. I had fun last year and wish I could have gotten in on it this year. I am looking forward to having people post pictures from the construction tour.

You need to know how to make a malt the proper way. I used to work at UDF, and by far the best way to enjoy a malt is to use 1 squirt of vanilla syrup in the cup (yes, even if it's a chocolate malt or peanut butter malt) and add a little milk with the malt powder - and it MUST be extra malt powder - then mix it up first. THEN add the ice cream....and you have to specifically ask for ice cream (trust me on this one), along with the flavoring you want. If you want a chocolate malt, tell them to use chocolate syrup instead of chocolate milk. And then it absolutely MUST be mixed at low speed.

Now, what were we talking about....

Oh yeah, haircuts. Or something like that.

^^Haha!! I've had many an argument with many a UDF worker over this....I'll take your word on what you said and be willing to try it, BUT all I know is that the way I was told by a Cincy local in the year 2000 (when I was a pimple-faced junior in high school) is to just simply order the regular chocolate malt and have them make it the regular way they would ordinarily make it, BUT right before mixing it, add an extra scoop of UDF vanilla ice cream!!

Some still make it the wrong way (whatever way that is), but I can instantly tell if it's made the right way on the very first sip if a.) it's thick, b.) I'm NOT tasting a crazy amount of powder, and c.) you get little, bitty ice cream chunks, which helps to keep it cold!

I swear to you, if I get the middle size of that on the way home to Indy (usually at the UDF on Socialville-Foster), it will STILL be cold when I hit 465 in Indy if I don't drink it all the way....pure heaven right there!! B)

• 2 months later...