the beast vs sob

Mr. Coastermania

there have never been any fatalities on them. They have both had ...little incidents (I'm pretty sure The Beast has anyways)... but never any fatalities.

Beast has two lift hills, sonny has one.

Beast has a long tunnel, sonny does not.

Beast has never gone upsidedown, and has never moved the picture. Sonny Has...

Beast is in the woods. Sonny is probably afraid of the dark or something, because sonny's in the open.

Beast is longer. Sonny is shorter.

Beast is more fun, Sonny is more painful.

=]

vl2

**edit**

^wait, what?? didnt zi422 start the thing about Vortex being removed, and 2009 coaster being where Vortex is, and all of it happening this month??

What Top Ten Woodies List would that be?

(I will happily concede both are on the Top Ten Woodies in the State of Ohio)

Those would be the top ten lists on the Travel Chanel.

I can't give you exact anythings, but they do roller coaster shows a lot.

Top Ten Woodies

Top Ten Thrill Rides

Top Ten Steel coasters...

Last night is was Top Ten Thrill rides

Firehawk was on there, but number one was Kingda Ka

I have ridden it now with all 3 different trains and the new ones seem to be the best. I had 2 beers in me and that helped. The worst part of the track is right before you stop. The last dip is where I usually get a monster headache. But, I held on and raised my body up a little going through that spot and it helped. Anyone riding with their hands up the whole way is asking for trouble.

When I went to the park on Wed, I felt like SOB was rougher than when I went on opening day. I do enjoy SOB. I love wooden coasters and speed, but I can only ride SOB once a trip.

However, The Beast I can ride multiple times a day. We got three rides in on Wednesday, and a final night ride after the fireworks in the back car.

^BTW... I thought that SOB has only had 2 different trains?

Well, the first set of trains was very heavy and 3 rows per car. The second set was lighter to make it smoother (didn't work) and had 3 rows per car. When I rode it last week there were only 2 rows per car. I'm getting old and my memory is fading so I could be wrong about the second set. I only rode it once that season but I think I used the old trick to get a smoother ride by riding in the middle row.

Guest rcfreak339

Well I think it's time for another addition of RC's Pros and Cons!

The Beast:

PROS-

-Fast

-Rough

-Long ride

-It's aalways fun zipping pass the trees in the woods

-great ride at night

CONS-

-No hills so no airtime.

-Can hurt at times

Son of Beast:

PROS-

-Huge

-Fast

-Lots of hills

-Thrilling

CONS-

-Hurts

-No realiable

I really like The Beast a whole lot better! It's just something about the ride that makes me giggle every time I get on.

The Beast is one of my favorite coasters, and that is saying something seeing as how I'm not a big fan of wooden coasters. I love the speed and the tunnels, especially since it really doesn't shake you around that much.

Son of Beast gave me 3 bruises, a headache, and a backache after ONE ride.

I've been riding The Beast since the 90s. Will always be a favorite of mine.

I have ridden Sonny 2 times, first time was when it first opened and second was this past Saturday.

That alone should tell you something. It was a great ride, but it doesn't compare to The Beast.

deb

Well, the first set of trains was very heavy and 3 rows per car. The second set was lighter to make it smoother (didn't work) and had 3 rows per car. When I rode it last week there were only 2 rows per car. I'm getting old and my memory is fading so I could be wrong about the second set. I only rode it once that season but I think I used the old trick to get a smoother ride by riding in the middle row.

There was no second set of lighter trains with three benches per car.

I love both rides, usually ride them both 2 times or more every time I go to the park. Of course I love The Beast more, but that goes without saying really. Ride them both, no questions asked. Unless of course you really dont want to run the risk of getting beat up, sob can do that to you. Not that it bothers me in the slightest.