Kings Island announces diamondback!

coaster lover

Kings Island announces Diamondback! 230ft tall 80mph 5,282ft long, 10 vertical drops! Tallest and fastest in the park! Details on KIC as they develop!

If you're thinking vertical as in 90*, you're wrong.

No one here has said 90 degrees.

Kings Island, Ohio - The biggest and most exciting new attraction in Kings Island's 36-year history, a 5,282-foot long steel hyper roller coaster named Diamondback, will change the landscape for thrill seekers when the ride makes its debut in April 2009.

Diamondback will be the tallest, fastest and meanest roller coaster at Kings Island. The ride will stand 230 feet at its highest point with a first drop of 215 feet at a 74 degree angle and reach speeds in excess of 80 miles per hour. The ride features 10 vertical drops overall including drops of 193, 131, 129, 110 and 106 feet, two helixes - one at 323 degrees and the other at 287 degrees - and a spectacular splashdown ending. The ride experience on Diamondback will last more than three heart-pounding minutes.

none of them work for me....sadly

Try disabling any popup blockers and make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed. Firefox's popup blocker doesn't have a problem with that site, but I can't say if other browsers will or not.

The one thing that really disappoints me is that the RSS feed for the blog is broken. I was planning to subscribe to it, but all it outputs is a page saying "An error has occurred!"