The Official Diamondback Thread

teenageninja

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ridden Millennium Force.

And I have ridden every US B & M hypercoaster.

And let me say this....no B & M hypercoaster is like Millennium Force. B & M hypercoasters have far more airtime and are more graceful. In my opinion.

I, for one, am glad it is a B & M hypercoaster Kings Island is getting, and not so Intamin giga-coaster.

OMG lulz its anuther ringmaster sighting!!1!!!0

ringmastersightinguo8.jpg

hes hidin in da bak FTW LOL:

ringmastersighting2fy5.jpg

rite DURR!!! hes rite frigin DURRRRR!!! and hes totall3 lik lookin rite at me lyke, omG!!!! i found the blk waldo!1 er, i meen, the ringmaster rotflmfao!!11!?1

.....I wish I were that popular so 13-year-old kids would post pictures up on forum sites and use horrendously bad grammar and spelling issues to point out they found some no-talent wannabe celebrity at some press conference just so he could gain publicity even though it's not even about him. sigh.... :lol:

EDIT: Indiana Jones is probably turning in his grave at the hearing of this GINORMOUS monster snake creature.

I have ridden Millennium Force.

And I have ridden every US B & M hypercoaster.

And let me say this....no B & M hypercoaster is like Millennium Force. B & M hypercoasters have far more airtime and are more graceful. In my opinion.

I, for one, am glad it is a B & M hypercoaster Kings Island is getting, and not so Intamin giga-coaster.

I would generally agree with this since I also believe MF is ridiculously over-hyped, BUT the Superman's at SFNE, SFA, and DL are pretty sweet with their air, although not super smooth...

Btw, great new pics Welchce!!

Uh, have you ridden those other INTAMINs since their restraint modifications subsequent to the ejections at Six Flags New England and Darien Lake? Or in the past several years?

At one time, Superman at Six Flags New England was my favorite steel...a slot now taken by Maverick. Those INTAMINs ain't aged well, in my opinion.

I still think Diamondback was one of the wisest coaster selections Kings Island could possibly have made...perhaps the wisest!

^^Yep, was at DL on Father's Day and SFNE July 8th....you mean with the unwieldy boxed-in T lapbars?? The air was still awesome, but like I said, they weren't super smooth....

I also agree this was KI's best choice for sure, although, I'm still a little concerned Behemoth will remain better....until I'm convinced otherwise! ;)

Yep, that's it. Don't forget the shin bars...

Thank goodness I am less substantial a man than I was in those coasters' early days. I am not even sure I'd fit these days, otherwise.

That's why I'm so quick to defend DL's slow ROS operations (which I thought were actually good), with no test seat out front, I saw a 'walk of shame' on virtually EVERY train!!! Btw, I thought the seat belts were more forgiving on ROS than El Toro...but we're getting a little off topic from Diamondback! (no thanks to me!! :D )

I'm at the park right now and they added new black signs that have the Diamondback logo and a random stat like 10 drops or 80 mph. I emailed the pictures to my brother so hopefully he'll be able to load them before I get home around midnight tonight

Those signs on the fence were there at about 2:45 on the 6th. They were very fast in changing those out.

I'm at the park right now and they added new black signs that have the Diamondback logo and a random stat like 10 drops or 80 mph. I emailed the pictures to my brother so hopefully he'll be able to load them before I get home around midnight tonight

Those signs on the fence were there at about 2:45 on the 6th. They were very fast in changing those out.

I just didn't remember hearing anyone say anything about them. Does anyone know when the sign on the Eiffel Tower went up?

IMG_0017.jpg

Can some one explain to me whats the point of the splash down if it does not get you wet? Is it just a neat way to slow the ride down?

And it looks cool, too. See also Anaconda at Kings Dominion with its water cannons, which do absolutely no slowing down! :)

Anaconda's water cannons on the tunnel entrance & exit are simply a show effect & have no braking effect on the ride itself.

I am very excited about this new addition. It is very much needed to the park and I am sure it will pack a punch. 3 trains sound great too! After riding Apollo's Chariot and Nitro and seeing how fast they dispatch trains, this line will move plenty fast. I am so pumped to be seeing more construction pictures!

Sooo...did anyone else notice that the helix on the model is flipped the opposite way? The animations have it away from the lift and the model has it towards the lift...hmmm. Or am I just seeing things?

But who ever said that the cannons on maverick were to simulate a horse running through water...I believe that they were intended to be simulating being shot at. Since the name maverick kind of has to do with a thief.

Sooo...did anyone else notice that the helix on the model is flipped the opposite way? The animations have it away from the lift and the model has it towards the lift...hmmm. Or am I just seeing things?

But who ever said that the cannons on maverick were to simulate a horse running through water...I believe that they were intended to be simulating being shot at. Since the name maverick kind of has to do with a thief.

That would be my children who suggested that.... They're 8 and 9, give them a break, at least until they're old enough to post on their own... When I'm sure they will be ornery... My 9 year old already told me his screen name will be BavarianBeatleIsATroll.... LOL!!

The model was whipped up fairly quickly and that section isn't accurate. Not necessarily CD's fault. Just time's fault.

Guest rcfreak339

You will be surprised what people notice around here.... :P

This ride will be a great! I just cant what to ride it. Does anyone know what they will do with the model I would love to have that thing in my room! lol