The Official Diamondback Thread

teenageninja

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo...did anyone else notice that the helix on the model is flipped the opposite way? The animations have it away from the lift and the model has it towards the lift...hmmm. Or am I just seeing things?

But who ever said that the cannons on maverick were to simulate a horse running through water...I believe that they were intended to be simulating being shot at. Since the name maverick kind of has to do with a thief.

That would be my children who suggested that.... They're 8 and 9, give them a break, at least until they're old enough to post on their own... When I'm sure they will be ornery... My 9 year old already told me his screen name will be BavarianBeatleIsATroll.... LOL!!

Perfectly Understood. I was just putting that out there as a little tidbit...sorry if you thought I was correcting you :P

I kind of doubt it.

The Park Strikes Back in 2009!

I do know that I've only been on 2 B&M coasters, neither one of them a hyper (I know, my coaster count is still pretty low).

Either way, I can't wait until the park strikes back! :D I only live an hour from KI. I am really excited about this coaster.

^^No...my guess is he/she wanted to sit in front of that fence across from The Crypt and by that flavored ice shavings stand or whatever....but seriously, at this point they're not moving at THAT fast of a pace yet for that, and I even doubt serious track rigging will be happening during open park hours anyway. You're better off sticking with the webcam!!

I was wondering when anyone else would notice that. I've been watching the cam all morning.

It's pretty exciting to see the first piece of track going up.

Do you think that's a transfer track or just for the station.

I've been looking at Google Earth, trying to figure out exactly where this ride is being built. Can someone tell me that.

This doesnt really have anything to do with Diamondback, but Google Earth was brought up so I thought I'd mention this. If you go to maps.live.com you can do a bird's eye view (which I dont believe you can go with Google Earth) over Kings Island. I think most the pics are in the offseason a couple years ago. I just thought I'd put that out there because it's pretty cool.

Go Diamondback!(now this is post has something relating to Diamondback in it)

• 2 weeks later...

So I was bored and I watched the Front Seat Video of Diamondback after having not watched it for a few weeks, and coming in there with a new mind I have to say:

darn! Watching the Video a billion times in a row you can really loose sight of it, but darn! This is going to have MAJOR Airtime!

How can you tell? I know it's hard to tell airtime on Videos, but the trick is to have points of refrence. I watch the ties on the track, or you could watch the off ride animation, and you can tell it's going to have real air.

Personally I can't wait to see what that first drop and all the others are going to feel like.

What I'm about to say may sound crazy to a lot of you.

I prefer the feeling you get from an extreme drop or the feeling you get from a launch, rather than airtime. I love airtime but I'd rather be dropped or launched, it's a better adrenaline rush.