Nick Or Treat

elizabethdyt

Has anybody taken their kid to that. I was thinking about taking my 3 1/2 year old daughter this year. What is it like. Are any rides open ??? Is there a lot of interaction with chracters ?? She is still timid around the characters a little scared still. Is there a lot more then just cahracters hugging your kid. Because that is all they show on their website.

Would love to hear people experiences at Nick or Treat

Has anybody taken their kid to that. I was thinking about taking my 3 1/2 year old daughter this year. What is it like. Are any rides open ??? Is there a lot of interaction with chracters ?? She is still timid around the characters a little scared still. Is there a lot more then just cahracters hugging your kid. Because that is all they show on their website.

Would love to hear people experiences at Nick or Treat

i took my kids last year...they were 5 and 1 1/2. I can honestly say they loved it-the train ride to pick their own pumpkin and the free candy will make any kid happy lol. The only thing i didnt like was the crowds...all the rides we wanted to ride were open but it was so crowded that we picked just 4 or 5 to do before we left. The characters are out and about yes...including stilt walkers.

Check the KI website to see which rides will definitely be open when Haunt starts. When we went last year, all rides were open during the day. At night, the "big rides" were running with the exception of Flight Deck as the Club Blood area blocked the way in. And yes, Beast at midnight is awesome!

You have lots of people dressed up as monsters roaming around. The thing I did not like was there were fog machines everywhere. I liked the fog effect initially, but it was too much and you could not see very well. However, due to the fog, the park is REALLY dark at night. Couple that with the screams of people on the rides, the atmosphere is- no good word for it. Just different and I had to keep reminding myself I was really at KI.

My warning, I don't know how old you are, but when we went last year, the place was overrun with younger people. Line jumping was terrible. I chewed this kid out at the train ride last year for cutting in front of me after I had been in line for an hour. He just stared at me and one of his buddies tried to feed me some lame excuse about how they were all together. I told him again he was cutting and that he needed to get his *insert bad word* to the back of the line. He stayed about a minute longer and then took off.

Let's see, they play creepy music. They offer some differnt types of food (like turkey legs and other "fall" type items.

• 2 weeks later...

Nick or Treat is set up for the kids, The park is pretty much a normal day with trick or treating in the kids area and costumes are allowed during daylight hours, but at 5 pm, all bets are off (no kids costumes allowed, only employees) and its a bit more scarry; my wife and I took our 1,3, 4 and 5 year old to everything and they loved it, we explained it was all for fun and it wasn't real, preperation of your kids can make a difference between nightmares and haveing the best time of their lives; The monsters have clear cut rules in the park: "you don't touch them, they won't touch you". The monsters will scream, and jump and make loud noises, but that's it. Your own judgement should be used for the clowns, the pirates and the shows; it's what are you and your kids comfortable with?

We have really enjoyed the extra activities for the kids in the past Nick-o-Treat and really exited about some new activities that the park told the KICentral Event participants yesterday about doing in the kids area. Ryan posted last night in this thread about some of the new activities

http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14553

The "fun by day" part of Halloween Haunt will be expanded into the picnic grove where kids will be invited to a Halloween Party with a dance floor, costume contest and more!

I just wanted to make sure you did not miss this new info coming while you are still deciding.