Kings Island Unveils Its Meanest Ride in 36 Years: Diamondback, The BRADY BUNCH Returns to Kings Island, 2009 Season Passes & More!

I guess they could in that window area up front but not sure if it will run. Like the fact that another snake is at Kings Island. I have been on Behemoth and you guys are in for a real treat. The best seats are the back two up front sitting on the edge. Sorry I don't have alot of pictures on Behemoth.

They are using the Behemoth style trains. What made you think they weren't? Only the model has the 4 across seats, because CoasterDynamix doesn't make the newer train style (yet).

Ahh I see. Sorry.. I saw the pictures of the CoasterDynamix model before I saw the train rendering. I'm a fan of the 4-across seats, personally. But who knows, maybe this will be a big hit. No matter what I think it's going to be a fantastic coaster. And I love how they're marketing it to be so scary!

http://www.wlwt.com/video/17115097/index.html I got on the news. My name is Zach Boothe, but they heard "Jack". WTF!!

I got a really nice Q&A with one of the hear rides managers for Diamondback, and here's how it went. He basically told me about the ride, and really what I knew already...but I got to the things I wanted to know. Sorry, I forget his name.

Me - "I see the lift hill's supports are different colored than the rest, what's up with that?"

Guy - "The rest of the supports apart from the lift are more of a light brown so they won't clash with the woods too much."

Me - "This is going to be a HUGE ride for Kings Island. I know lines for Firehawk were bad last year, and still are this year. Those B&M trains are great for capacity, but will there be a single rider line to improve that?"

Guy - "Well, maaayyyybbbbeeee....-wink-"

Me - "So far on the video, I've seen a mid course break run...any idea how that's going to effect the end of the ride?"

Guy - "As far as I know, it will be next to nothing."

Me - "I know B&M usually has trims to help control the ride's speed, and I know Behemoth up north had them on almost every hill...will Diamondback be any different?"

Guy - "There's a possibility there will be one on the second or third hill, but like the MCBR, it should be hardly noticeable."

Right now I'm having trouble with getting pictures up...

But thanks to all the people I met and talked to today! I got to meet MANY, MANY TPR readers. You guys have no idea how many of them are out there! News Plus Notes, Link, Adam, and all the KI guys, thanks a bunch!

-JZ'ach'!!!!

From the off ride video it almost looks as though the water brake is located in the rear of the train. Does this mean no one is gonna get wet?

That's the idea of most splash downs. They're more for looks, not to actually get the rider wet.

I'm really looking forward to this. I love the site, especially the webcam. This is going to be a great season watching this ride be built.

Does anyone know what is going to happen to the Geauga Lake Waterpark? I was there 2 days ago and there were only about 30 cars in the parking lot...it was sad to watch the destruction of the park. The only rides you could see that were remaining was the observation tower the Big Dipper and the strangely named Raging Wolf Bobs