Poll: Does Diamondback Live Up to the Hype?

RailRider

So Does Diamondback live up to the Hype KI generated with their excelent marketing and promotion campaing? Now that we know all the details, how do you fee. Will you wait hour upon hour to ride at opening or would you rather hang out with the Dipin Dots Guys.

Lets hear your thoughts...

I was scared it was going to be a rehashed name, or worse, another play off of the anchor of the park.

I am very pleased with the name, and the layout.

Great job Marketing team, you played it perfectly!!!!!

I'm stoked and ready to go.

Now lets see how many people start yelling, "I told you! I told you!! I knew the name before anyone!!!"

LOL

Maybe I'm missing something.

How is it any different than what we've known for months?

Granted, we get the name and the name is appropriate, but there really isn't any surprise is there?

Maybe statistics like Height, Length, various hill sizes, angle of first drop, the train design with the snake head, and renderings of the official layout, oh yeah and the name.

Prior to this we had only bits and pieces to go off of and a 2 day rendering that showed a length of 4200' feet. So I would say we got a lot of great information today that until recently we had only speculated on.

darn there I go again taking the bait.

Granted, we get the name and the name is appropriate, but there really isn't any surprise is there?

Maybe statistics like Height, Length, various hill sizes, angle of first drop, the train design with the snake head, and renderings of the official layout, oh yeah and the name.

Prior to this we had only bits and pieces to go off of and a 2 day rendering that showed a length of 4200' feet. So I would say we got a lot of great information today that until recently we had only speculated on.

I think that I'm just being a realist.

Great addition and ride? Certainly!

Will I be excited to ride? Why Of Course!

Suprising information? Not Really!

No surprising information would be that Samuel L Jackson will be the first rider on media day. And on the ride gets hit in the face with a goose and once he returns to the station exclamis, "Ive had it up the here with these mother fu#*#n geese in this mother fu#*#n park."

Now that would be surprising...

There I go again taking the bait, Ive been told I do that a lot, but I cant help myself.

Yeah...I agree. It sounds like a FANTASTIC coaster, and I've always thought it bordered on criminal that a major park like KI didn't have even one B&M. If CF puts the kind of attention into this ride as they did Maverick, I think it'll be a legitimate top-10 steel coaster...

BUT...there really isn't anything shocking or surprising here. Most of the facts included in the press release have been discussed here and other enthusiast sites for several months (even down to the very accurate layout that showed up on Screamscape many months ago...) Other than confirming the rumors that have been floating around for months, is there anyone here really that surprised about its stats? I'm not saying this a bad thing...just not a surprising thing.

Of course, the GP doesn't follow this stuff like we do, so this will be a big newsflash to 90% of KI's market. (Basically, a coaster makes news two times...the day its announced and the day it opens. Well...I guess it can make the news in a third situation, but we don't usually want those to happen...)

I am a little disappointed that the press release refers to Rivertown as a "western-themed area of the park." What?? So much for CF honoring all that park nostalgia ;)

That's probably because we've run the gamut of ideas trying to figure out what the layout would be like, how many drops it would have, speed, height, yada yada yada. So basically, we aren't surprised because we pretty much already had it figured out. If we hadn't speculated so openly for so long, I'm sure we'd be surprised and experiencing more of a sense of awe.

I think what's surprising is that the announcement was NOT a let down like many feared it could be, such as a Dive Machine, short track length, >200 ft drop, crappy layout, few airtime hills, etc. ALL could have happened!!!

When in life does someone actually live up to expectations?? Well, KI has this time!! It's similar to when you get good customer service somewhere...many people expect bad service, and so good service becomes great service...so just by the fact that KI didn't fail to meet expectations made the out come seem better!!

Ill be on opening day, in the front of the line! The only thing that disapointed me is that viewers can't get wet from the splashdown.

Yeah, that disappointed me as well. It would have looked really nice to have a well-landscaped pathway circling the splash pool.

Ill be on opening day, in the front of the line! The only thing that disapointed me is that viewers can't get wet from the splashdown.

Yeah, that disappointed me as well. It would have looked really nice to have a well-landscaped pathway circling the splash pool.

If there is a pathway circling the splash pool there would then be fence around said pool to keep stupid park guests away from the track. So that would make it look less attractive.

The B&M splashdown generate a nice huge roostertail of water. There will be a lot of mist and I imagine that will find its way to the midway. Look at Griffon you are really far away from the splashdown, but still the mist coming from it easily gets guest standing at the observation point.

Yeah...I agree. It sounds like a FANTASTIC coaster, and I've always thought it bordered on criminal that a major park like KI didn't have even one B&M. If CF puts the kind of attention into this ride as they did Maverick, I think it'll be a legitimate top-10 steel coaster...

BUT...there really isn't anything shocking or surprising here. Most of the facts included in the press release have been discussed here and other enthusiast sites for several months (even down to the very accurate layout that showed up on Screamscape many months ago...) Other than confirming the rumors that have been floating around for months, is there anyone here really that surprised about its stats? I'm not saying this a bad thing...just not a surprising thing.

Of course, the GP doesn't follow this stuff like we do, so this will be a big newsflash to 90% of KI's market. (Basically, a coaster makes news two times...the day its announced and the day it opens. Well...I guess it can make the news in a third situation, but we don't usually want those to happen...)

I am a little disappointed that the press release refers to Rivertown as a "western-themed area of the park." What?? So much for CF honoring all that park nostalgia ;)

Thank You!

I'm so glad you agree.

I too think that it's long over due that a B&M make it's way to Kings Island. But this is absolutely nothing shocking or amazing.

I do agree that the most disappointing part of the statment is the "Western-Themed Area." It speaks volumes of an administration that does not understand the backround and history of the park. But then I suppose Nostalgia was this years tag line. (This attraction is for next year.)

No surprising information would be that Samuel L Jackson will be the first rider on media day. And on the ride gets hit in the face with a goose and once he returns to the station exclamis, "Ive had it up the here with these mother fu#*#n geese in this mother fu#*#n park."

:lol: words cannot express how brilliantly funny that was

Go up to Aurora, Ohio and ask that question. Or wait a few years and see....One coaster, or even two...one season, or even three, does not a company make...or, usually, break. Or did you mean detractors at this site? I wasn't aware of hardly any groaning and moaning when the Cedar Fair acquisition of Kings Island was announced. To the contrary, most people here were ecstatic.

Go up to Aurora, Ohio and ask that question. Or wait a few years and see....One coaster, or even two...one season, or even three, does not a company make...or, usually, break. Or did you mean detractors at this site? I wasn't aware of hardly any groaning and moaning when the Cedar Fair acquisition of Kings Island was announced. To the contrary, most people here were ecstatic.

No, but I don't think an addition of ride like Diamondback would make anyone a detractor.

There were many that were ecstatic, but there were many who hated it on this site, having never been to GL, it's hard for me to comment on that situation, but I'm sure CF lost money on the park, if the park had been well attended I'm sure it would still be going strong, and maybe CF had some blame for not putting enough new stuff in it, I have no idea, but if a community wants to have a park, they need to attend the place. I have no fear of that happening to Kings Island

It doesnt matter how great the event or the new ride is. When ever you have people and they can have an opinion there will always be one to pee on the parade or they just like playing devils advocate. Thats life and anyones right. So there will always be a negative opinion about something, anything

Yeah I think it lived up to the hype. Can't wait to ride it next year! I will admit I was hoping for a Dive coaster with several inversions, but a Hyper is something Kings Island's always been missing, and it'll be nice to ride something bigger than Son of Beast and without the roughness. The trains are very unique and the splashdown ending is a nice touch.