Geauga Lakes El Dorado spotted at KD

Are you not happy with your freaking Hyper-Coaster? I mean seriously you got Firehawk the year before and now your getting Diamondback and Kings Dominion got Dominator and and a few VERY small flats get over it! At least you are getting something other then your home park being ripped apart! Also if you could be so kind to also use right puncuation you all yelled at me for it. And if you are all going to slam me for being rude realize this your fighting over rides that are coming from a park thats being demolished if it wasnt for Cedar Fair not actually doing such a good job at the park maybe it would still be there and none of the parks were getting any of the coasters that were at Geauga Lake. Im not saying all of you were like The Interpreter, but crabbing at such an awesome ride that is just weird!

Are you not happy with your freaking Hyper-Coaster? I mean seriously you got Firehawk the year before and now your getting Diamondback and Kings Dominion got Dominator and and a few VERY small flats get over it! At least you are getting something other then your home park being ripped apart! Also if you could be so kind to also use right puncuation you all yelled at me for it. And if you are all going to slam me for being rude realize this your fighting over rides that are coming from a park thats being demolished if it wasnt for Cedar Fair not actually doing such a good job at the park maybe it would still be there and none of the parks were getting any of the coasters that were at Geauga Lake. Im not saying all of you were like The Interpreter, but crabbing at such an awesome ride that is just weird!

Correction, park that has been demolished.

You should go cool off, maybe on one of those water slides across the lake?

Let it be stated once and for all. The Interpreter has not in the past, is not now, nor is he ever likely to crab at Attraction 2009 aka Diamondback. To the contrary, I have raved about how wonderful an idea it was and how well it appears to be executed. I have helped to build excitement for the thing since I have known it was coming. And that isn't my job, it's my enthusiasm for the ride and the park that has caused me to do that.

Geaugafan2013 overgeneralizes, just as when he says ALL of us are going to slam him. When he does stuff like that, *I* AM going to slam him. And it's "punctuate," not the way he spelled it. But I really don't care about trivial punctuation errors, or spelling errors. I DO care when my position is impliedly misstated.

Lastly, as has been said again and again, Geauga Lake's fate was almost certainly sealed by the overbuilding during the Six Flags days. Even if Cedar Fair had bought the place merely to sell it a few years later, which I doubt was its plan, but even if it had, what's wrong with that? Businesses see opportunity, Six Flags needed to sell and Cedar Fair was willing to buy. I can assure you that if more money could have been made by continuing to operate the park, they would have done so.

Now and forever Geauga Lake as a dry park is gone. No matter of "crabbing," crying, whining or even throwing things will change that. Quite frankly, it's time to move on. It's not like there are other realistic choices. It's not coming back.

Also,Americana was their.now im very mad,I also wanted that to come to KI.Kings Dominion will now have 3 geauga lake rides.Im sickened.

Actually that total comes to four,Dominator,Americana,El Dorado & Black Squid.

I wouldn't complain too much since KI is getting a huge B&M hyper in 09 while KD has to wait til 2010 at the earliest for their hyper installation to take place.

I said Dominator and a few small flats, i didnt say a correct amount. I said puncuation because back when people were slaming me for not spelling things correct or whatever somebody said puncuation and it was just my spelling that i was talking about. When i was talking about The Interpreter i wasnt refering to you slaming a new attraction. I'll be back later to do some more talking but i have to go !

I said Dominator and a few small flats, i didnt say a correct amount. I said puncuation because back when people were slaming me for not spelling things correct or whatever somebody said puncuation and it was just my spelling that i was talking about. When i was talking about The Interpreter i wasnt refering to you slaming a new attraction. I'll be back later to do some more talking but i have to go !

Interpreter,and many others have said it right....it was SFI's over building & overestimation of their market base that ruined the park & sealed it's fate not CF.Had CF not stepped in to purchase it(at a loss no less) then SF would've closed it & redistributed the assets among their other parks simple as that.

As is CF is on a good strategy of NOT overbuilding the former paramount parks too quickly & carefully evaluating the response to new attractions prior to planning future installations unlike SFI in the Premiere parks era when they were throwing tons of cap ex into rides without waiting to see the public's response to them first.

Back on topic: It's a general consensus that El Dorado will be located on HS:XLC's general footprint,which is fitting since the jukebox diner is right there.As for Americana & Black Squid I'd much prefer to see them added somewhere along the grove's main midway but I guess we'll soon find out when construction begins.

How do you know they were going to shut down you dont know what they were going to do no one does its not like you can skip to the future and see whats going on. With this new CEO of Six Flags that park could have been great and couldnt of you never know so stop saying that they were going to cause YOU DONT KNOW! Also the park hasnt been demolished yet the last time i checked there is still stuff there.

Ok...everyone needs to take a chill pill. One thing I learned a long time ago is things change. If GL made money, it would still be open. The park became flawed when SF tried to rollercoaster it against CP. It was a family park at heart and not a thrill park. The damage was done before CF bought it. They tried to return it back to its roots but it was too late. Once a bond is broken, be it an amusment park, tv show or restaurant, it's very difficult to rebond with the public. Now days there are too many ways to spend recreational money for families. Hell, no one misses Coney Island more than I do but that's what memories are made of. I understand how emotional a bond is for an amusment park lover like I am. But like PC's, ATM cards, Ipods, BlueTooth and cell phones, things change. A few years ago, none of those toys exisited. As for people ripping each other, aren't theme parks supposed to be fun? If you need to "rip" someone, be creative and use humor, be funny, make people laugh. Entertain. Have personality. This board is about theme parks, have fun with it, be passioniate about your opinions but have fun. 'Nuff said. Now, go have fun. :lol:

You have a good point damage was made before Cedar Fair came in but when a company is putting so much into a amusment park that is getting bigger and when they sell out then the next company cant come in and just start ripping out things left and right you have to go slowly, which is what they didnt do tear something out but add several family objects but they tore things out and didnt add anything.

You have a good point damage was made before Cedar Fair came in but when a company is putting so much into a amusment park that is getting bigger and when they sell out then the next company cant come in and just start ripping out things left and right you have to go slowly, which is what they didnt do tear something out but add several family objects but they tore things out and didnt add anything.

Correct me if I am wrong. CF bought GL before the purchase of Paramount Parks. It's a simple math problem. It was a better decision to close GL, use the rides to update the Paramount Parks than to spend more money to fix a broken park. Coney island was closed for a similar reason. There was no room to expand you every winter, there was a chance the park could be flooded. They used a lot of CI rides to populate KI when it first opened. CI wasn't "broken" but there was no way to fix it, so KI was born. Like I said, things change. It's like growing up, you change. That's why you have memories.

GL fan, I think the things you suggested could have been attempted by CF to revert the park back to a more family oriented attraction. But, as others have stated above, it is difficult to accomplish.

As others had stated, SF created a "Frankenstein" park that scared the villagers away. Especially, if they wanted the small family oriented attraction they were used to. If SF was doing so well in attendance and revenue, they never would had sold it in the first place. CF bought it with, I believe, good intentions to turn the park around. But, keeping the same large footprint did not seem to work. Seaworld leaving did not help. Then, the economy going down the drain the last year and a half delivered a double whammy.

Finally, I think the dynamics changed when CF bought the old Paramount park chain. You are absorbing 5 Paramount parks, into the existing CF chain, whose smallest attendance/revenue maker was greater than all the other CF parks except for CP and KBF. I'm sure the CF management had to take a hard look at all of its properties once the merger was complete. With GL being "too big for its britches" and the money/debt situation getting tighter for CF, time ran out for GL.

What are you talking about there was so room to expand it was bigger then Cedar Point and if im correct i think its bigger then KI. Plus reasons that they sold was because their CEO was gaining to many park at one...kind of like Cedar Fair buying the Paramount Parks at once. And how could of it been flooded i dont get where you are getting that! And scare villagers away i dont get that either because there was way more people at the park there then there was during Cedar Fair years...i went every year it was Six Flags and i went once in 2004 and 2005 when it was Geauga Lake again and it plain flat out sucked i hated it. I had high expectations when Cedar Fair came in but with the removal of rides to make it a family park maybe you should think about putting in family attractions to still bring in people. Being to big was not the problem it was the company not doing the right things seriously do you think its wise to tear out 2 rides in one year and still expect people to come as much as they were i dont think so. Say an example like Wal-Mart came in and decided to take out all the supercenters and just make them half of what they were do you think the same amount of people would come just to get clothes when they used to be able to get everything i dont think so, or come to get just food when you used to be able to get clothes they just wont come if you do that!

Seams like the argument is just that CF sucks for tearing it down. I think it was loosing money was it not? With that the case whoever owned it would have closed it be it SF or CF. What do you think SF would have done if they closed it? Just let everything rot away? Is that what you would have rather had, everything just sit there and rot away into nothing?

I wouldn't really even care if CF didn't have intentions of getting the park back on track. The way I see it SF killed it and CF bought the rides.

Now had it happened to KI im sure I too would be looking for someone to blame...

They both had parts in it but me and a lot of other people beleive that CF had more to do with it then SF had to do with it. I like though what Whatever6750 said though what would you think SF would have done if they closed it? Just let everything rot away...But yet no one knows what they were going to do, just because their recent sellings of parks doesnt mean they were going to close it...they may have sold it with the company that came in and bought the seven parks that they just sold off you dont know, does anybody i dont think so.