no water dip in new coaster?!?

flyfly@

The train goes thru the former swan lake site. There is a channel for the train to run that keeps the track out of water but there are specil scoops on the bottom of the train that will catch water and shoot it out like a giant rooster tail. So no the train wheels and track are not submerged just the scoops on the bottom of the coaster train are submerged.

It would be cool if the exit bridge went over the splash down or paralleled it. That would kind of mess up the lake area though.

Yeah but just think of the bottleknecks that it would cause on the exit ramp with onlookers trying to get splashed while people are exiting the station.When it comes to adding spectator bridges on boat chutes like diamond falls(defunct) it kinda defeats the whole purpose of going on the ride to begin with don't you think?

Eh, I don't see it being that big of deal. It doesn't really defeat the purpose of riding, it compliments it. In the case of Diamondback, it would add to it, considering the riders never actually get wet. Then the guests could choose if they want to get wet.

• 1 month later...
^Exactly.

(Chase, a fan of one word posts, which, by a turn of events, this post no longer falls in that category.)

...which is a good thing, since the TOS generally prohibit one word posts, especially, the yep, type! :)

Terpy, who loves to answer either/or questions that are poorly expressed with a single one word answer: Yes!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still trying to figure out where a splashdown fits into the theme...Not that I'm opposed to it...But when I think of Diamondbacks (Rattlesnakes)...I think of the desert and things of that nature. But at the same time, it'll still be really cool, and I can't wait for it.

I'm still trying to figure out where a splashdown fits into the theme...Not that I'm opposed to it...But when I think of Diamondbacks (Rattlesnakes)...I think of the desert and things of that nature. But at the same time, it'll still be really cool, and I can't wait for it.

This is according to wikipedia,

Inhabits upland dry pine forest, pine and palmetto flatwoods, sandhills and coastal maritime hammocks, long-leaf pine/turkey-oak habitats, grass-sedge marshes and swamp forest, mesic hammocks, sandy mixed woodlands, xeric hammocks, salt marshes, as well as wet prairies during dry periods. In many areas it seems to use burrows made by gophers and gopher tortoises during the summer and winter.

This could be what is meant by the splashdown (but you know it could also be there because it of the photogeneity of the feature.) haha

I wander if in Halloween Haunt 2009 once Diamondback will have been open all season, if they will keep the splashdown filled with water? I know riders do not get wet (i have been on Sheikra), but random park guests who are in the splash area (if it's going to have one) will get wet and get really cold and maybe sick. And what if it is very cold out and the water starts to freeze?, im sure that isn't good for the 'scoops'.

I'm still trying to figure out where a splashdown fits into the theme...Not that I'm opposed to it...But when I think of Diamondbacks (Rattlesnakes)...I think of the desert and things of that nature.

I thought the same thing when I first heard of Diamondback having a splashdown. Since when do Rattlers like water? Did anyone at KI take this into consideration when coming up with the name/theme?