SUNDAY--STRICKER'S GROVE FAMILY DAY

This Sunday is Stricker's Grove Family Day.

Stricker's is a private picnic park in Ross, Ohio. It has two excellent wooden coasters and a nice selection of small flats (including Flying Scooters) and a nice train ride.

Details, as sent by the park:

sunday august 10th

16th annual family day

admission is $ 10 per person kids 2 and younger are free

includes all rides and coasters

free soft drinks

free parking

park hour are 1-9pm

ride hours are 2-5 & 6-9pm 9 (rides close for 1 hr for dinner)

you can bring in your own picnic baskets or we sell food.

the stricker family

Make sure you keep your hands inside the car on the Tornado. I got kicked out of the park for putting my hands up on it.

Are you serious?

I do know a certain group of people that usually end up getting kicked out for doing some serious snaps on the scooters, but never for hands up on the Tornado. Hmmmm.....

My kids' baseball league rents out Stricker's Grove at the end of every season for their awards night. Always a wonderful time! I have never seen anyone kicked out for raising their hands on the Tornado, or do any "serious snapping" on the scooters. The only time I saw anyone get kicked out (and deservedly, I must say) was when they changed seats on the train while it was moving by climbing on the outside of the train.

Hmmm. As one who gave away nearly all his coaster attire some time ago, I suppose this is yet one more sign I am no longer a coaster enthusiast, much less a cool one.

Terpy, older than most of his wardrobe, but not all of it

How funny.

The only shirt that I have (and Avatar will probably appreciate) is for Disney's California.... Grizzly River Expedition. It's actually a nice enough shirt that I can wear to work.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering if they are going to do there customer appreciation day in october again? We went to the family fun day last year and they gave us a flyer with the information on it for a day in october that they were going to be open again. Does anyone have any information about this? I would really appreciate it. Thank You!

Make sure you keep your hands inside the car on the Tornado. I got kicked out of the park for putting my hands up on it.

Are you serious?

I do know a certain group of people that usually end up getting kicked out for doing some serious snaps on the scooters, but never for hands up on the Tornado. Hmmmm.....

Hell, people film and take photos on the coasters, and don't get even a mention about it.

I was just wondering if they are going to do there customer appreciation day in october again? We went to the family fun day last year and they gave us a flyer with the information on it for a day in october that they were going to be open again. Does anyone have any information about this? I would really appreciate it. Thank You!

Customer appreciation day is virtually a given. As I get more information from the park, I will post it, as I always do...

Terpy, friend of parks (and, for the approximately two people who will understand this one, also of Parks! Giggle!)