Coney discounts at area Skylines

CoastersRZ

Looking for a fun filled way to end your summer, other then a trip up to Kings Island? Coney has it! You can now stop by area Skyline Chili locations to receive discount coupons to Coney Island. You can save $5 off of a pool and rides ticket, which brings the total to $14.95. Or, if you are just looking to cool off at Sunlite Pool, you can save $3 off of pool admission with a ticket for $7.95. Don`t miss this chance to experience all that Coney has to offer for unbeatable prices!

And don`t forget to try out Coney`s new attractions for this year. The new River Runner is sure to delight the thrill seekers, while the Turtle Parade will please the younger set. And those looking for a little more jumping action can tackle the new Eurobungy Dome (separate fee required).

So if you haven`t been to Coney lately, what are you waiting for? I know that I got fellow members Captain Nemo and Gordon Bombay down to Coney with me for a couple hours after work, and they had a tremendous time there! In fact, you can see Gordon Bombay`s trip report here.

And if you swing by on a weekend, don`t forget to look for me running one of the rides (most likely the Ferris Wheel or Rock O Planes). I`ll be there ALL day both days this weekend.

I like Coney, but I've never been a big fan of outdoor swimming, I hate how most discounts that come along for Coney always involve the pool, I know it's their trademark attraction, but if they had more ride only discounts I would go more often.

It's only $10.95 for a ride all day at Coney. Parking is six dollars. That's hard to beat.

By contrast, I can name quite a few coasters that cost $5 a ride and up. From Swamp Fox at Myrtle Beach to the Vegas attractions to the Wisconsin Dells coasters to the venerable Coney Island (Brooklyn) Cyclone.

Would you prefer they charged $47.99 (or even $23.99?) and give a ten dollar discount? Seems to me the discount for rides is already in the everyday low price.

There are discounts around (or at least were around earlier in the summer) for the rides. Remember the after 4pm price for the rides is $7.95, not a bad deal either. And really, for $10.95 for an all day rides admission is a great value, when you look at KI where general admission at the gate is now $47.99 and parking is $10 a car!

This upcoming week is the last week for regular daily operations of the entire park. The rides will operate from 1-8pm this week, with normal pool hours of 10am-8pm. The following week, August 25-29th, the rides will be closed and the pool will be open 11am-6pm. Labor Day weekend, the pool will be open 10am-8pm all three days, while the rides will be open 11am-9pm on Saturday, August 29, 11am-8pm on Sunday, August 30th, and 11am-6pm on Labor Day, September 1st.

The rides will also be in operation for the final two weekends in September (20, 21, 27, 28) with the rides operating from 12pm through 6pm each day.

I hope that helps. Hopefully, you`ll get a chance to visit Coney this year. It is definitely worth the trip!