The Brady Bunch to Return to Kings Island

BoddaH1994

In 1973, The Brady Bunch was one of the most popular shows on television. In their episode entitled "The Cincinnati Kids" Mr. and Mrs. Brady brought the gang to Cincinnati so that Mike Brady could propose a design for a new area to the brand new theme park just outside of Cincinnati called Kings Island!

35 years later, members of the Brady Bunch will return to Kings Island and perform four live 30-minute audience participation shows at Kings Island. Former Bradys who are scheduled to perform are Barry Williams (Greg), Susan Olsen (Cindy) and Mike Lookinland (Bobby). Each performance will be followed by a Q&A session. This event will happen on August 31st and is FREE with park admission!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times have I been banging the drum that the Brady's would show up this year? Just a hunch I had after a certain jump was made. Thats awesome that the Brady's will be in the park. Very cool, Barry Williams as well, is he still married to the playmate?

How many times have I been banging the drum that the Brady's would show up this year? Just a hunch I had after a certain jump was made. Thats awesome that the Brady's will be in the park. Very cool, Barry Williams as well, is he still married to the playmate?

We're still waiting for the Brady Bunch to show up.

What has been schedule are 3 of the 9 that filmed at the park?

That's not even half of the Brady Bunch?!?!?

Who cares how many it is. I swear, why is it that people constantly want to **** on any bit of fun?

I was at the announcement Wednesday. Although there for the Diamondback announcement, I got the biggest kick in hearing this news. I think it's a really quirky, fun and smart thing to do. Most everyone loves the Bradys. And most that love KI know that the Brady's played a special part in KI's history.

KI is doing a bang up job of delivering one cool thing after another, I am more than happy to see KI is getting back to it's roots. Just a good park with exciting rides, and surprises.

Shaggy

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!

I'd like to see Maureen, Eve and Florence - Alice can come, too - she can provide snacks!

take - off lyrics to Fine Young Cannibals "She Drives Me Crazy":

"They drive me Brady - ooh, ooh

The whole darn bunch - ooh, ooh

They drive me Brady

And Alice just fixed them lunch - ooh, ooh"

Although not probably technically correct, I have always considered "the bunch" just the kids...I have never thought of Alice or the parents included in the bunch definition. (So in that context I feel like we're getting half a bunch!) I don't know if I will drive all the way to the park for a half hour show...but if the park had the old Brady Bunch Kings Island promo photo printed up to have signed by the 3 I would GLADLY pay for one and be there in a heartbeat. (I collect park memorabilia and that would be a great addition.)

Nick and Jessica were in the park like 5 years ago together. I wonder if they will be making a return as well. lol

Well my daughter has done it to me again. She is standing over me and laughing saying, go ahead and ask I dare you. Well curiosity has gotten the best of me: Who is Nick and Jessica, and what significance do they have to KI?

Nick and Jessica were in the park like 5 years ago together. I wonder if they will be making a return as well. lol

Well my daughter has done it to me again. She is standing over me and laughing saying, go ahead and ask I dare you. Well curiosity has gotten the best of me: Who is Nick and Jessica, and what significance do they have to KI?

Jessica Simpson and then husband Nick Lachey.

Nick is from Cincy, I believe.

Doesn't matter, even if they had all 9 you still wouldn't visit the park. . . and would probably still complain.

Doesn't matter, even if they had all 9 you still wouldn't visit the park. . . and would probably still complain.

Not true! If they actually raised Robert Reed from the dead that would be amazing! I bet people from around the world would come to see that.

How about the other 5. Or has been pointed out at least the other three kids? Until then, we could just say that the Brady Batch is coming to the park?

Guest kwindshawne

I get the impression in real life Jan and Marcia don't like each other much. How many events have they attended in the same room since? not many...

Didn't they do a spinoff show together in later years after the brady bunch was over?

The Brady Brides, very briefly as I recall in 1981.

I remember when the Brady Bunch was on the Friday night lineup at 8:00 pm and the Partridge Family was on right after it at 8:30p. During the first two seasons, they still had cigarette commercials on television. Indeed both the Bradys and the Partridges have a special place in my heart and in the hearts of many others of my generation. I will be there on 8/31 to welcome them home.

How about bringing some of the Partridges back also?

Who cares how many it is. I swear, why is it that people constantly want to **** on any bit of fun?

I was at the announcement Wednesday. Although there for the Diamondback announcement, I got the biggest kick in hearing this news. I think it's a really quirky, fun and smart thing to do. Most everyone loves the Bradys. And most that love KI know that the Brady's played a special part in KI's history.

KI is doing a bang up job of delivering one cool thing after another, I am more than happy to see KI is getting back to it's roots. Just a good park with exciting rides, and surprises.

Shaggy

Couldn't agree more. The park has done an excellent job in going back to its roots and bringing back some great memories the park has created. It has been a great year for the park. Now if we can only get the Partridge Buss to swing by and maybe a few from that family.

Like I said in another topic, there will always be someone to pee on the parade. Thats life and some folks just get kicks being that way.

Couldn't agree more. The park has done an excellent job in going back to its roots and bringing back some great memories the park has created. It has been a great year for the park. Now if we can only get the Partridge Buss to swing by and maybe a few from that family.

Like I said in another topic, there will always be someone to **** on the parade. Thats life and some folks just get kicks being that way.

Absolutely. You think they'll set them up in the Western Themed area of Kings Island?

I guess the really important question with all these nostalgic events Kings Island has offered this year, will likely never officially be answered. Did these events bring in more paying customers, and did those customers more then offset the costs of putting on these events? I`d say Knievel brought in a large amount of people. However, I think that Rick Wallenda didn`t bring in quite as many people as expected. But the reason for that is more weather related. The 3rd and fourth of July this year were, for the most part, very wet and rainy. Not ideal conditions for people to visit amusement parks. I know that the 3rd is typically Coney`s busiest day of the season, and due to the rain, attendance was down considerably.

Hopefully, in the eyes of the corporate offices, these events have been a success. And hopefully, the park will continue to hold such special events next season and for years to come. They certainly bring about an air of excitement in the park that has been lacking for several years. (Some of that excitement had been back when the Nickelodeon Celebration Parade was at the park, though).

It is rather disturbing that in the past two conference calls, Mr. Kinzel has discussed the favorable attendance trends at the former Paramount Parks, then specifically mentioned the Washington, DC; Charlotte, Toronto and Northern California markets.

It is interesting that he left out the Cincinnati and Sandusky markets. I wonder, could it be that the guests in those markets have found other parks that are less expensive to attend, and allow more fun to be had? Since both Kings Island and Cedar Point apply trim brakes to their coasters to the point that they almost valley during the ride, and have obscenely high food and drink prices, maybe people are finally taking notice.

It is rather disturbing that in the past two conference calls, Mr. Kinzel has discussed the favorable attendance trends at the former Paramount Parks, then specifically mentioned the Washington, DC; Charlotte, Toronto and Northern California markets.

It is interesting that he left out the Cincinnati and Sandusky markets. I wonder, could it be that the guests in those markets have found other parks that are less expensive to attend, and allow more fun to be had? Since both Kings Island and Cedar Point apply trim brakes to their coasters to the point that they almost valley during the ride, and have obscenely high food and drink prices, maybe people are finally taking notice.

I'm certain that people sit around and say, "let's not go to Cedar Point and Kings Island because of trim breaks." <G>

I think that is absolutely the only reason I've NEVER heard anyone use for going or not going to a park.

You need to change your name to "Noclue". (Man I'm in a bad mood today.)