Disney wants Sea World!

I really think this could be a great investment for Disney as the former Paramount parks where for Cedar Fair. Even though they may pay more for the parks than they are worth they save in cross advertisement and ease of merchandise in more guests hands.

In the Orlando area people have been begging for a fifth gate and this would also give them a newer water park to boot, plus Disney has been wanting a high price adventure park and Discovery Cove would help that.

Disney World already transports its guests from their Resorts and time shares resorts to and from the parks. All Disney would need to do is add a buss stop at each of these facilities and then just like that Sea World would see a major increase in attendance.

• Like 1

Well the one they made out of match sticks apparently didn't hold up?

The Disney Solution....

Slap plastic, fiberglass and Styrofoam on something ..... paint it .... and Call it Disney Magic.

When you compare the parks to say Busch Gardens ... it just does not hold a candle.

But then holding a candle to a Disney attraction could cause it to melt.

... and having Shamu become an audioanimatronic figure.

Disney has some pretty good experience animals. Their largest theme park is dedicated to animals. And the only audioanimatronic figures there are of extinct/mythical animals.

And the center piece of the park is?

A fake tree made from an oil rig.

which has a theater with a 3D show inside of it. I think it's a pretty ingenious idea to use an oil rig to house a theater inside a tree which has thousands of animals carved into its outside. Are you also going to point out that the Epcot ball isn't an actual golf ball?

The Disney Solution....

Slap plastic, fiberglass and Styrofoam on something ..... paint it .... and Call it Disney Magic.

When you compare the parks to say Busch Gardens ... it just does not hold a candle.

But then holding a candle to a Disney attraction could cause it to melt.

So you're saying that the themeing on say, Montu...

montu9.jpg

That's actual bricks of limestone from Egypt? And where's all the real snow themeing Alpengeist? The only park in Florida that I think I remember hearing uses Styrofoam is the Dr. Seuss land at Universal.

This could be a match made in heaven.

However, are they bidding for the whole entity or just Seaworld FL, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove? I'd think that they would want to buy Texas and BGE as well, since they would fit in with their whole Location-Based Entertainment idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Disney going to purchase the whole chain or just Florida parks? I would hope that they buy all of them and leave them the way they are. I love the Busch parks and I love Disney but I don't want to see the parks changed from the way they are now. I wish Busch would keep the parks.

So if Disney purchases all the parks, will Mickey be set loose on the Serengati Plain in Tampa? Now that would be funny.

Can only hope this works out, because Im already having an issue loosing another American Brewer and now loosing some great parks to overseas. Just not good.

• 12 years later...

I keep thinking Sea World is going to file for bankruptcy. SEAS had 5 new coasters to be built for the 2020 season and they weren't small orders either. The purchasing of 5 big coasters in one year reminded me of what Six Flags did in the early 2000s and look what happened there. No one could have accounted for the pandemic but I believe SEAS still owes money on some of their coasters.

I keep wondering what will happen to the Sea World chain. Will they try to sell off all of their parks? Will they try to sell the Sea World parks and hang on to Sesame Place and the Busch parks and just rebrand to "Busch?" Would Disney be interested in SWO? Would Cedar Fair be interested in some parks? What about Herschend? So many questions

• Confused 2

18 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I keep thinking Sea World is going to file for bankruptcy. SEAS had 5 new coasters to be built for the 2020 season and they weren't small orders either. The purchasing of 5 big coasters in one year reminded me of what Six Flags did in the early 2000s and look what happened there. No one could have accounted for the pandemic but I believe SEAS still owes money on some of their coasters.

I keep wondering what will happen to the Sea World chain. Will they try to sell off all of their parks? Will they try to sell the Sea World parks and hang on to Sesame Place and the Busch parks and just rebrand to "Busch?" Would Disney be interested in SWO? Would Cedar Fair be interested in some parks? What about Herschend? So many questions

SEAS will be just fine.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

CF could buy the Seaworld parks and convert the marine life areas to a water park. I think I saw that strategy play out somewhere before; it didn't turn out well as I recall.

CF would have zero interest in any parks of the brand (SW or BG); they have no history in dealing with animals (marine or land)- or complicated landscaping designs.  That's really not a knock on them- it just isn't part of their DNA.

While I would tend to agree, there have been bigger surprises.  Who say Cedar Fair purchasing the two Schlitterbahn properties?  I think some of the Sea World parks could fit rather nicely into the CF portfolio.  Especially since it would give them a few more year round operations to keep cash flowing in during the winter months.  Given how the pandemic has hit the hospitality industry rather hard, I don`t see CF purchasing any of the Seas parks anytime soon.

• Like 1