What do you think of the name "Diamondback"?

BoddaH1994

What do you think of the name Diamondback?

Personally, I like the name more and more. I would have thought it was just a clean-cut or healthy name but I must admit that seeing the logo kind of pushes me over the edge to really liking it. I think the western theme will really work out well for it.

I love it! It's a lot better than some of the ideas that were floating around here :D And I love LOVE the skull logo!

~Ash

Yeah, definitely better than anything dealing with Walmart or any type of relative to The Beast.

Skull on Fire + Snake = crazy delicious

I also love the name!! I think it's more colorful and interesting than Mustang would have been, and it rolls off the tongue pretty well for a 3 syllable word, which is important and not always easy!!

Also, it can be easily abbreviated as "D-back" or fairly well initialed as "DB", and the artwork has been out of this world!!

On the one hand, I kind of wish it didn't share the name of the MLB team in Arizona, but on the other hand, the baseball team has helped to bring some public recognition to the word so people are more familiar with it, have heard it before, and know what it is....

So there's some free marketing analysis for KI!! ;)

I put ok. Not that I have a problem with the name at all, but it is just that, a name. I really don't know what it would take to be an "awesome" name, so I voted 3 its ok. I don't hate it, but its not awesome by any means. Now the ride itself, thats pretty awesome, but whats in a name anyway?

Put it this way: Its better than the renamed paramount rides, but still not "awesome". Its one that will grow on you and eventually roll off your tounge.

What do you think of the name Diamondback?

Personally, I like the name more and more. I would have thought it was just a clean-cut or healthy name but I must admit that seeing the logo kind of pushes me over the edge to really liking it. I think the western theme will really work out well for it.

Admit it Ryan, the name gives you the jibblies! I love snakes, almost got me a corn snake when I was 15 years old. I still plan on getting one someday. I think the name is cool; however, is not unique like Maverick or Behemoth. Still is a cool name though.

I put ok. Not that I have a problem with the name at all, but it is just that, a name. I really don't know what it would take to be an "awesome" name, so I voted 3 its ok. I don't hate it, but its not awesome by any means. Now the ride itself, thats pretty awesome, but whats in a name anyway?

Put it this way: Its better than the renamed paramount rides, but still not "awesome". Its one that will grow on you and eventually roll off your tounge.

You put way way way too much thought into it.

Yeah I probably did put too much thinking into it, but honestly I do like it. I guess my point is its not a bad name, not by anymeans. Its not "flight Deck". It fits the coaster pretty well, and looks cool with the Diamondback snake logo. Just don't think its awesome, lol.

• 1 month later...
^^Didn't you get the memo?? Rivertown has a Western theme!!

At least according to a certain company that puts exclamation points ! at the end of things! ;)

Rivertown isn't Western themed. It's supposed to be a small Mining Town in the Ohio River Valley. I do like the name Diamondback, but you never see Diamondback's in Ohio (besides zoo's & ect...)

Really, I like the name! Sounded kind of generic at first, but I've grown to like it. Not love it, but like it. I love the logo!

Although I don't like the style of trains, I do like the view it will give. I personaly think the 4-seat rows look cooler.