Diamondback on Good Morning America

Thrill_Biscuit

I caught a segment on ABC's Good Morning America this morning, featuring "Diamondback". The host, Chris Cuomo, in response to one of the other host's comment about the hyper coaster's speed (80 mph), said "How fast do they gotta make those things?" (He then seemed to also express a little 'coasterphobia'.)

They discussed the coaster as being the first stadium-seating coaster, while showing the computer animation. Then they said that one will be built in Europe that will go 135 mph. Anyway It was cool to see this featured on a national news show!

Then they said that one will be built in Europe that will go 135 mph.

For those of you that didn't know, ring°racer

Is this segment on ABC.com???

I haven't seen it on ABCNews.com yet. I don't know if they post videos of their GMA segments or not, but there is a brief video about DB on their site: ABCNews

Direct link

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=5536020

Correct me if i am wrong but didnt Millenium Force feature stadium seating to.

MF does have stadium seating, but the website refers to it as "tiered seating" :huh: .. I guess it's the same difference?

BTW, nice to see someone else is a DT addict too. I rode that thing 5 times in a row for a total of 8 rides that day. It was a Sunday evening so the line was very short. I even got a high five from the ride op :lol:

Yes gigacoaster Drop Tower is my precious baby. I love her to death!

NO! :angry: DT's MINE!!

:P

I used to be terrified of DT until I went to Cedar Point and rode Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster. I swing my feet all the way up the tower, and take the drop with my hands in the air the whole way down.

I ask my friends all the time if they want to go to KI and have a Drop Tower fun day. Nothing I've ridden at KI or CP compares to the adrenaline surge DT gives me.

Here is an onride vid someone took.. I watch this like 10 times a day :D

Correct me if i am wrong but didnt Millenium Force feature stadium seating to.

Depends what you define as stadium seating.

MF is offset vertically or tiered.

Diamondback/Behemoth is offset horizontally (and I guess vertically. It's kind of hard to tell in the animation).

I believe that stadium seats are offset both vertically and horizontally for the most unobstructed view.

Depends what you define as stadium seating.

MF is offset vertically or tiered.

Diamondback/Behemoth is offset horizontally (and I guess vertically. It's kind of hard to tell in the animation).

I believe that stadium seats are offset both vertically and horizontally for the most unobstructed view.

Thanks for the clarification. ;)

BTW, nice to see someone else is a DT addict too. I rode that thing 5 times in a row for a total of 8 rides that day. It was a Sunday evening so the line was very short. I even got a high five from the ride op :lol:

When did you ride?? I saw DT go down at like 6:00 pm last night and was testing empty until past 8:00 pm....did you ride during that time??

Yes gigacoaster Drop Tower is my precious baby. I love her to death!

NO! :angry: DT's MINE!!

:P

I used to be terrified of DT until I went to Cedar Point and rode Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster. I swing my feet all the way up the tower, and take the drop with my hands in the air the whole way down.

I ask my friends all the time if they want to go to KI and have a Drop Tower fun day. Nothing I've ridden at KI or CP compares to the adrenaline surge DT gives me.

Here is an onride vid someone took.. I watch this like 10 times a day :D

But when you get to be my age

Adrenaline Surge = Heart Attack!!!

:lol:

When did you ride?? I saw DT go down at like 6:00 pm last night and was testing empty until past 8:00 pm....did you ride during that time??

It wasn't yesterday, it was last Sunday. It was very hot, and a lot of parents were there with small kids, so most of the crowd was at Boomerang Bay or Nickelodeon Universe. After 5 pm the ride lines shortened even more. It was great. I pretty much walked on to every ride the rest of the night. B)

Then they said that one will be built in Europe that will go 135 mph.

For those of you that didn't know, ring°racer

Wow Ring Racer sounds cool. That's at a race track I have been going to for about a year now every couple of weeks. I just hope the launch system they are using works.

(Monroe, who likes to post inside jokes. Isn't that one funny Interp?)

I'm more excited for Diamondback to be on In The Loop Live this weekend. Word around town is that one of our very own is going to be the guest to talk about it.

And of course, I'm going to call in again to remind Pat McCabe I am better at baseball than him.

I am listening to the In The Loop podcast from the "11th" and said guest from KIC didn't answer his phone.